**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Aw season

So I’ve been talking to a lot of friends, ally mates, and other people from other ally’s and I have heard this hotfix has actually made the gameplay worse on iOS and Android. Now I haven’t played since the game got updated cuz quite frankly there isn’t anything worthwhile to do except aq/aw in this game right now. But from what I am seeing video wise I do not think it is a bright idea to allow aw to continue. You guys need to lock everyone in where they are at in the Aw leaderboards and give out whatever compensation you deem necessary. It’s very difficult to plan a war when I have to help plan around bugs and ****. Please don’t just shrug your shoulders and screw us over. End the season. Fix the bugs. Get a new season up. We all play this game because it is a fun game but lately it has been a little more of a chore than anything else because of the bugs. I really want this game to thrive. It looks like you guys are finally bringing out solo competitive which is a great step but we need these bugs fixed. Do what you need to do to fix them. Whether that’s a maintenance that takes a few hours or you have to shut the game off for a day or two to work on it. Just please fix this stuff. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 287 ★★★

So I’ve been talking to a lot of friends, ally mates, and other people from other ally’s and I have heard this hotfix has actually made the gameplay worse on iOS and Android. Now I haven’t played since the game got updated cuz quite frankly there isn’t anything worthwhile to do except aq/aw in this game right now. But from what I am seeing video wise I do not think it is a bright idea to allow aw to continue. You guys need to lock everyone in where they are at in the Aw leaderboards and give out whatever compensation you deem necessary. It’s very difficult to plan a war when I have to help plan around bugs and ****. Please don’t just shrug your shoulders and screw us over. End the season. Fix the bugs. Get a new season up. We all play this game because it is a fun game but lately it has been a little more of a chore than anything else because of the bugs. I really want this game to thrive. It looks like you guys are finally bringing out solo competitive which is a great step but we need these bugs fixed. Do what you need to do to fix them. Whether that’s a maintenance that takes a few hours or you have to shut the game off for a day or two to work on it. Just please fix this stuff. Thank you in advance.

Hotfix hasn't come out for either yet... We are still waiting.
  • Oh, I’m personally on iPhone so I will not have the hotfix. You are on Android and do not have the hotfix yet?

edited February 2022

Oh, I’m personally on iPhone so I will not have the hotfix. You are on Android and do not have the hotfix yet?

Both. And I'm positive that both will get an update. But it has definitely not released for Android.

• Wow okay, interesting, so it has been released for some people and not for others? Or do people think they have updated the hotfix when in reality it was their first time updating the game this month?

edited February 2022

Wow okay, interesting, so it has been released for some people and not for others? Or do people think they have updated the hotfix when in reality it was their first time updating the game this month?

No one has received the update. Trust me. Google Play is Google Play. Just like the iOS App store, it's impossible to only release the update to "some" people.

It's all or nothing unless it's a Country restriction issue. But the update isn't out and I guarantee that iOS will get one as they have always updated both when just hotfixing something for one operating system as the versions have to match.

People confused probably did the initial update that caused these issues or didn't update and their Google Play auto-updated finally in the background without them knowing.

• Wow okay, interesting, so it has been released for some people and not for others? Or do people think they have updated the hotfix when in reality it was their first time updating the game this month?

It hasn't been released at all
  • Okay I get where you are coming from. Did kabam say we would have it today February 9th? Or the morning of February 10?

Okay I get where you are coming from. Did kabam say we would have it today February 9th? Or the morning of February 10?

It's been stated that the target was today and that was still the case according to @Kabam Miike 2 hours ago.

Whether that happens is when the App Stores approve the update assuming Kabam has already submitted the update.

Regardless we know that it's coming.

• So I guess it is a waiting game to see if people can parry for Aw tomorrow. Thanks for the info mando

So I guess it is a waiting game to see if people can parry for Aw tomorrow. Thanks for the info mando

Sure. Happy to help.

Just don't stress, let your alliance know that the fix should be coming soon and Kabam will address the issue by the time War Attack starts tomorrow if there is still a major issue.

I know a lot of people like to jump on the impatient or hate bandwagon, but the communication on this issue has been quite good and we should show respect to Kabam for trying to fix this and know that it is affecting their playerbase.

All we can do is wait and just not panic.
  • I understand where you are coming from. And I don’t think I hated on them “that much”. When I made the post I was under the impression the hotfix already went out. So knowing it hasn’t yet I’ll cut them slack until I see what friends/ally mates say. I just am worried about aw and how it will be affected one way or the other. Have a good day!

I understand where you are coming from. And I don’t think I hated on them “that much”. When I made the post I was under the impression the hotfix already went out. So knowing it hasn’t yet I’ll cut them slack until I see what friends/ally mates say. I just am worried about aw and how it will be affected one way or the other. Have a good day!

Nah no worries. I made that comment about letting Kabam do their thing and not hating more as a blanket statement to everyone becuase I know a lot of people have been refreshing these forums for answers and get frustrated.

I'm sure things will work out in the end, sometimes we need to remember that it is a game and we can all understand that when it rains it pours sometimes.

Appreciate you and have a great rest of your day and best of luck the remainder of this War Season!
  • Thank you!
    Update just showed up for Android Users
  • We shall see how it goes, I don’t have an update on iOS.
  • The hot fix is for Android. The general fix is coming next month for all
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    It should be Android only.

• Ginja and winter read the whole thread lol

I was responding to your comment that you don't have an update on iOS

I was telling mando I didn’t have an update out because earlier in the thread he said an update would be out for both android and iOS.

Update just showed up for Android Users

Ginja and winter read the whole thread lol

I was telling mando I didn’t have an update out because earlier in the thread he said an update would be out for both android and iOS.

I was making an assumption they needed the versions to match but the hotfix was the same version so it didn't need an iOS update.

I don't claim to know everything, I just try to help when I can. I hope the issue is fixed or at least more playable for all the Android users now. I notice a positive change on the Android device I use.