**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Turns out it is possible to evade Dormammu sp2

My first Map 6 Day 3 Dormammu solo video.

Enjoy ;)

https://youtu.be/MGLDKiSyXH8

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Nice kill! Is it me or are you evading too many times for his sp1? Joel lines video from way back said that you don't need to evade that much or you will get stuck in the corner. I don't remember bc it feels like forever since I fought dorm. I hope I get him in a couple of hours today though.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Yep, you can evade Dormmamus L2; just swipe back a few times for the projectiles. Nice vid.
  • RafamateRafamate Posts: 38
    Nice kill! Is it me or are you evading too many times for his sp1? Joel lines video from way back said that you don't need to evade that much or you will get stuck in the corner. I don't remember bc it feels like forever since I fought dorm. I hope I get him in a couple of hours today though.

Sometimes he shoots special 1 immediately. Other times he keeps running back and forth. As you can see from the video I was doing everything I could to bait out his special. His power gain made it rather difficult, hence why I was stuck in the corner a few times.

Nevertheless, the job was done :)
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Dang, I didn't know that, nice evading skills!

There are also a few champs out there where you can evade their seemingly impossible specials. You can fully evade Punisher's L1, Ultron's L2 and Crossbones's L2 for instance. Nonetheless, great job, I don't think I will ever be able to pull that off. xD
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Dang, I didn't know that, nice evading skills!

There are also a few champs out there where you can evade their seemingly impossible specials. You can fully evade Punisher's L1, Ultron's L2 and Crossbones's L2 for instance. Nonetheless, great job, I don't think I will ever be able to pull that off. xD

True, there are many champs who can evade projectiles with ease, such as DD, NC, Spidey, Hood (invisible), Mordo can block unlockable and possibly some others.

Ultrons L2 is quite easy to evade, similar to Spideys. Just gotta double dash at the right time.

Not entirely sure how I pulled an evade in the video lol. I was ready to die and was panic swiping like crazy :smiley:
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    Yeah, Dorm’s Sp2 is actually relatively easy to dodge if you know how to. Swipe back as soon as the first projectile is about to hit and you should dodge the first 2, then just one more swipe to dodge the last projectile. Now, some tricky specials to fully evade is Punisher’s Sp1 and Yellowjacket’s Sp1 at a very close distance.
  • PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    Better late then never I suppose.

It's the same as any other special where two projectiles are fired in succession; Spider-Man ultron
    I didn't know how to. Now I know :D
    Still I wouldn't call it "easy" in a fight where 1 hit puts you down lol
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    Rafamate wrote: »

With a bit of practice, you will find it easy, I struggled at first but I mastered evading it very quickly. Once you dodge the first 2 fireballs, the last is easy. If you have a bt of distance between you and Dorm, it should make it a lot easier to dodge. A little bit trickier to do it at close range but still possible.
    Hzori wrote: »

With a bit of practice, you will find it easy, I struggled at first but I mastered evading it very quickly. Once you dodge the first 2 fireballs, the last is easy. If you have a bt of distance between you and Dorm, it should make it a lot easier to dodge. A little bit trickier to do it at close range but still possible.

Thanks bro I will start practicing!
    Bump
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    You can fully evade Crossbones l2 as well plus the punisher l1
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    It all about timing really and how calm you are in the moment
    ThatGuy214 wrote: »

In fights where the opponent can kill you with one combo, my nerves are ready to burst lol
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    In fights where the opponent can kill you with one combo, my nerves are ready to burst lol

Fully agree.

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

You’d be surprised how big a difference that can make. It takes a while, but once you learn how to just relax you’ll find you’re much more successful in tougher fights. When I come to fight a boss whether it’s, AW or dormammu in AQ full of nodes, I always pretend it’s just a normal quest and another ordinary fight. That way I’m successful most of the time. Frame of mind can be quite impactful in that kind of fight strangely enough. But nice kill @Rafamate, haven’t played map 6 before but fought him in map 5 a couple of times when it was free. Definitely pays off to learn that sp2 timing when he’s so reluctant to use his sp1.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

You’d be surprised how big a difference that can make. It takes a while, but once you learn how to just relax you’ll find you’re much more successful in tougher fights. When I come to fight a boss whether it’s, AW or dormammu in AQ full of nodes, I always pretend it’s just a normal quest and another ordinary fight. That way I’m successful most of the time. Frame of mind can be quite impactful in that kind of fight strangely enough. But nice kill @Rafamate, haven’t played map 6 before but fought him in map 5 a couple of times when it was free. Definitely pays off to learn that sp2 timing when he’s so reluctant to use his sp1.
    Bump
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    wo nice fight dude
    Bump