**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Will Iceman ever be at least coldsnap/frostbite immune?

ExpertguiExpertgui Posts: 51
edited February 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I love this character so much, but nowadays he is so useless. The obvious immunity he should have, the short coldsnap debuff... Just a tune up in some numbers would make him amazing imo

What do you think?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    They can't answer you with anything apart from "maybe yes, maybe not". It can change anythime in the future.

But the immunity isn't "obvious".
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    They need to buff his damage before making him coldsnap immune. I don’t use my r3 iceman at all.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    This still goes down as one of the most stupid things in the game....
    A
    Man
    Made
    Of
    ICE
    Can't
    Be
    Hurt
    By
    The
    Cold
    .... :neutral:

I mean they changed Ghost Rider to be incinerate immune so keeping Ice Man not Cold Snap/Frost Bite immune, is just one of the biggest examples of Kabam trolling us....
    Chovner said:

A
    Man
    Made
    Of
    ICE
    Can't
    Be
    Hurt
    By
    The
    Cold

There are also no man's made of ice. At least not in real life.

And this is fiction. And there are plenty of fictional characters who are not immune to their own powers.
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    .... just..... no

Anyone who has a good reason for him not being immune just wants to see the world burn.... GO BACK TO DC JOKER!!!!

:neutral:
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'm just waiting for them to make mephisto incinerate immune
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Since we are on the topic of Iceman, I didn't say this for 2+ years, but I'm gonna say it now.

In 2019 "cadence" of the champions were corrected, some champs could not parry reliably after their ending medium hit, For ex guillotine, ht, sym supreme etc..
    Iceman was and is still effected by that bug. We cannot reliably parry after iceman's ending medium hit.
    But Now I have a duped 6* iceman which I wanna r2 and have some fun with.
    I didn't care bout iceman that time, nor do I currently (lol)
    Just throwing the information out there for iceman lovers.

It applies but he doesn’t take any damage, he just gains 12% of a bar of power per second. Better then being immune I’d say
    I mean, that guy is literally on fire. Why isn't he immune?

It applies but he doesn’t take any damage, he just gains 12% of a bar of power per second. Better then being immune I’d say
    You're trying to give someone an ability because of the model/animations. Thats not how it works.
    Besides, is totally possible that a character isn't immune to one type of fire, but is to other
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★

Chovner said:

A
    Man
    Made
    Of
    ICE
    Can't
    Be
    Hurt
    By
    The
    Cold

There are also no man's made of ice. At least not in real life.

And this is fiction. And there are plenty of fictional characters who are not immune to their own powers.
    Imagine human torch not immune to heat 😐 yeesh
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Le doom :- Mind controls are for kids
    Mcoc :- U sure bout that brotha

You're trying to give someone an ability because of the model/animations. Thats not how it works.
    Besides, is totally possible that a character isn't immune to one type of fire, but is to other
    That's what big kabam wants you to believe.
    It's a shame those vocal about Iceman are ignoring Mephisto.
    #DevilLivesMatter
    7714dtl said:

If you want to say game logic then fine. I mean honestly we are talking about a game where you can beat Thanos, Hulk, or various gods with Daredevil.

However if you want to argue just because he's cold doesn't mean he can't be hurt by cold then you are wrong.

In marvels own database it says he reaches absolute 0. If you want to argue that you can hurt absolute 0 with cold then I have to question your intelligence or your just being argumentative for no reason

Even if you didn't consider that , Iceman can change his temperature at will, so if someone were to somehow reduce his temperature to somewhere he didn't like, he can change that
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

7714dtl said:

If you want to say game logic then fine. I mean honestly we are talking about a game where you can beat Thanos, Hulk, or various gods with Daredevil.

However if you want to argue just because he's cold doesn't mean he can't be hurt by cold then you are wrong.

In marvels own database it says he reaches absolute 0. If you want to argue that you can hurt absolute 0 with cold then I have to question your intelligence or your just being argumentative for no reason

Even if you didn't consider that , Iceman can change his temperature at will, so if someone were to somehow reduce his temperature to somewhere he didn't like, he can change that
    At this point if he is given immunity to coldsnap and frostbite it wont even make the character broken
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022

You answered your own question, didn't you?

He's on fire: so, clearly he isn't immune to being put on fire (being Incinerated).

He doesn't take damage from it; gains free Power and Willpower healing.

Why would 'Immunity' be better?

Also: agree with the OP that Iceman needs a numbers adjustment and Coldsnap Immunity.

You answered your own question, didn't you?

He's on fire: so, clearly he isn't immune to being put on fire (being Incinerated).

Torch, sunspot and ghost rider are also on fire but they're incinerate immune