**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

High prestige survey was badly thought out.

As some of you are already aware; Kaboom set out a survey asking us what you think about Content. I think the survey missed the point because it just asked us which contact do you like better? Obviously that’s a summary.

This survey is obviously designed to form everybody’s answers into a single distilled statement like “act six sucks and do stuff closer to act 7”. Or whatever short form answer comes from it.

The real question should’ve been why do you like specific content over other content?

So I wanted to give people an opportunity to positively state what they do and don’t like about the game’s content forms.

This is not an opportunity to bash Kabam, they were very hard to provide us a game that we all enjoy (I hope) and not everything they do is going to be perfect but it was good for them to ask but sometimes you have to ask the right question.

So below I’m gonna paste my long response to Kabam of what they should consider and I hope others do the same positively. Maybe some good ideas for content structure can come from this discussion.

Thank you all.

This survey does not accurately ask the proper questions. The issue with requiring skill use to complete content is due to the false inputs and buggy state of the game it makes depending on skill almost impossible. How can if be fun to use skill If the game bugs out on me. I cant tell you how many times my characters dash the wrong way or throw the wrong attack; or i just stop blocking in the middle of a being acted. By this i mean i block the first 2 hits and the third somehow gets through. This has been an ongoing problem for well over 2 yrs even if its only been a focus for the past 9 months or so. How is someone supposed to “depend on skill” in that situation?

Furthermore, longer permanent contact is good and so is the shorter however the fights have to feel beatable or clearly advertise that they are not supposed to be beatable in one go. This is why abyss is bad. You have content that is directly designed to be a resource sink but not advertised in such away. Anytime you have content that turns into a resource sink it makes you feel like a failure unless it was clearly upfront that you are supposed to revive 1 million times. Since the game is relatively stingy with (free) revives, this means that the entire purpose of the this content is to drain units from people. That’s bad content. Act 6 is worse in this manner. At least abyss has high life totals that Dissuade most people; act 6 does not. This makes it a trap for a-lot of people who then have to abandon the run or spend unit. Most people don't want to save up resources for months just expend them all and need more.

Monthly event quests and act 7 is much more enjoyable content IMO because while you may spend potions, revives, or units; you usually don’t feel like it was DESIGNED for you to do so.

This is even more annoying when you have to use 3 or 4 different potions like your trying to assemble Voltron. (Power rangers for the kids). I think i just dated myself. AND even different potions if im in AQ or WAR. So now the shiny New champ i just spent all my time a resources to acquire and rank up wasn’t good enough and i have to spend more.

Much of this just feels like Kabam trying to get money out of our wallets with giving us anything. When there are packages with the unit offers at least it feels like you getting something other than “pay extra for the privilege of playing the game”.

Some of these things will fix themselves over time. As higher rank champs become available act 6 and the abyss will become much easier. Carina’s challenges will always be a resource dump for most ppl and thats ok.

Coming out with better potions just started and thats step in the proper direction.

But stop creating the next “test you skill” event unless you are limiting item use. Its not a “skill event”, its a “test your wallet event”.

If you want a true “test your skill event”
Try this.

6 fights. One 2*; 3*; 4* 5* 6* and 1 boss.

The attacker has to match the star rank of the defender. (Except for the boss)So if the defender is a 2* you have to attack with a 2*.

Now here is the twist, the defenders are chosen at random, blind, which some random buffs. There should be some set buff also, like + attack and health.

And you only start with ONE ITEM USE but you get 1 each time you defeat a defender.

Give a prize for defeating a defender and a way to eject and keep the prize if you don’t want to go on. Prolly a random potion to start so farming isn’t to big a thing.

That i want to see some youtubers beat. And that is content that Kabam is trying to test me, not milk me.

Comments

• the options felt a little too narrow, i couldnt express my thoughts at all.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    But I do agree that there should have been an area to expand on why you felt the way you did in each section not just in the end where I couldn't be bothered to try to summarize my feelings over the whole survey
  • Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Did you guys include anything in the feedback box at least?

Did you guys include anything in the feedback box at least?

Yes. Mostly just that the Guantlet and SoP were my favorite content of that listed, why they were my favorite, and that that sort of thing should be a staple of the game at least a few times a year but more spread out than those were.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    @Mauled touches on a great point that I hadn’t heard articulated before. The idea of prioritizing certain challenges within a quest. Looking at a piece of content and thinking “I can bring in hard counters for X fights, but if I do then I have to settle for just an okay option for Y fights” and trying to find the best plan of attack. That teamcrafting is a lot of fun, at least for me, and was one of the best aspects of both Grandmaster’s Gauntlet and, to a lesser extent, SoP and Abyss.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    honestly i don't care if it's a quest with 100 defenders or 1 defender i just want some new content to do
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Ironically, I felt like the survey was too broad.

For example, when it asked about Act 7, I felt like 7.1 and 7.2 we're pretty fun. The paradox charges in 7.3 however we're awful. So when they asked me to rate the content, and I said Act 7 was the most enjoyable, I probably unknowingly endorsed having them back in 7.4.

Carina's Challenges...well, some were pretty fun, and skill based. Even Super Punchout wasn't awful, and someone better than me probably could have done it in way less revives. But then the ones forcing the use of 4* champs in LoL and 3* against the GM are just ridiculous. Nothing about them is skill based, just a test of how many revives or units you farmed ahead of time, or how deep your wallet is.

I guess there was only one piece of content that I pretty universally hated, and that was Act 6. Everything else (that I've done at least...that excludes AoL for me) had good an bad aspects, so simply asking high level thoughts doesn't really convey the appropriate message.
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    War, war, war. More war focus. More difficulty. Bump up the attack across all nodes slightly and the health pools substantially.

Figure out how to implement attacker diversity without adding more laborious planning for officers. More points the more diverse a battle groups’ attackers are at the risk of potentially dying more.

Ex: 10 Apocalypses on attack will take down defenders/nodes easier but reward less points.
    Whereas 1 Apocalypse and 9 other diverse attacker options would likely present more of a challenge but reward more points overall. The risk is that the chance of a KO increases as well. Have to balance the diversity.

Increase the banned champ number. 3 is good, let’s go 5.

Carina challenge was terrible. Everyone I’ve chatted with loathed it. No more of that. 4* champ quests challenges is a great idea, but not like Carina.
  • War, war, war. More war focus. More difficulty. Bump up the attack across all nodes slightly and the health pools substantially.

Figure out how to implement attacker diversity without adding more laborious planning for officers. More points the more diverse a battle groups’ attackers are at the risk of potentially dying more.

Ex: 10 Apocalypses on attack will take down defenders/nodes easier but reward less points.
    Whereas 1 Apocalypse and 9 other diverse attacker options would likely present more of a challenge but reward more points overall. The risk is that the chance of a KO increases as well. Have to balance the diversity.

Increase the banned champ number. 3 is good, let’s go 5.

Carina challenge was terrible. Everyone I’ve chatted with loathed it. No more of that. 4* champ quests challenges is a great idea, but not like Carina.

You’re aware that you’ve contradicted yourself here quite severely, I assume? Dramatically increasing the difficulty of the map and the number of banned champions increases the amount of planning required by officers considerably. Adding additional points for attacker diversity will only add to that, especially at the top where you’ve got masters level alliances rarely dropping more than 2-3 deaths per BG and will therefore be obligated to diversify to win.
  • Thank you for the feedback! We use many different channels to collect lots of different kinds of feedback, and surveys like this are direct and to the point, giving us hard numbers to analyze and pair with responses like yours above that we get from other channels, including the forums and the feedback section in the survey.

Id have liked to give direct feedback on each piece of content, that would be better imo.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

Funny bc I had Act 7 listed as the least enjoyable of the options 😂.

😂 I also said this.

Personally, we need more Act 6 style content that provide a challenge, requires roster progression and takes more than 2 days to complete.

Act 7 has been a walk through. Can be down without even thinking!
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

😂 I also said this.

Personally, we need more Act 6 style content that provide a challenge, requires roster progression and takes more than 2 days to complete.

Need a mix of the two. Act 7 set up with more act 6 difficulty. I think Act 7 has the right idea with 6 paths, limited number of fights on each path, champ switch before boss island, and multiple bosses. However, it needs to start ramping up in difficulty, specifically the bosses. Most Act 7 bosses have been pretty easy one shots with the occasional 2-3 champs needed.

I’d love to see gated paths return if they could do them right. With 200+ champs there’s more options than ever and if they just did 1-2 gates per quest it would be fine. They could gate by class or tag but I’d suggest not doing “need 4/5 of this specific class/tag” and stick to 1/2/3 unless it’s something more broad like #hero or #villain or something similar
    OGAvenger said:

Monk1 said:

😂 I also said this.

Need a mix of the two. Act 7 set up with more act 6 difficulty. I think Act 7 has the right idea with 6 paths, limited number of fights on each path, champ switch before boss island, and multiple bosses. However, it needs to start ramping up in difficulty, specifically the bosses. Most Act 7 bosses have been pretty easy one shots with the occasional 2-3 champs needed.

I’d love to see gated paths return if they could do them right. With 200+ champs there’s more options than ever and if they just did 1-2 gates per quest it would be fine. They could gate by class or tag but I’d suggest not doing “need 4/5 of this specific class/tag” and stick to 1/2/3 unless it’s something more broad like #hero or #villain or something similar
    Yeah I've come around on story content being what it is. If more people are getting through it, great.

I do think that if that's going to be the case though that we still need more regular difficult side stuff like Gauntlet and SoP to an extent that still gives people a reason to build a genuinely wide roster. I've been ranking champs for solo comp ever since I saw Showdown and that's been the only thing keeping me interested in acquiring and ranking champs for months.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

Ironically, I felt like the survey was too broad.

I agree with this. I love parts of Act 6, Act 7, and Carina’s Challenges. I hate other parts of that same content.

I wouldn’t have minded if Carina’s Challenges had one Labyrinth run, I actually think that could have been fun. But three all at once was excessive. It makes it hard to work up the motivation to do it when you know you’re just going to have to do it again and again.

I don’t *completely* hate the paradox nodes. I do think the punishment for overloading on them should be different though. Rather than direct damage, maybe consider the opponent going passively indestructible or unblockable or something for a brief period. Something that is still very difficult to deal with so it feels like a consequence to poor fight management, but that still allows a skillful player to recover from.

I can’t really speak for the current state of Act 6, as I explored it fairly well in advance of the changes going live. It was definitely difficult at the time when I did it, but I remember a mix of it being genuinely enjoyable and wanting to throw my phone into the sea. Act 6 is what made me really start thinking about who I ranked up and when, made me start looking at my roster and think “do I have the utility to counter this specific node and champion combination? What atypical champions could handle this fight since I don’t have the top option?” That’s a good mindset to promote in this game. It’s not all about who is most meta, there are always multiple ways to attack a fight and Act 6 is what showed me that.
  • OGAvenger said:

Monk1 said:

😂 I also said this.

Yeah I've come around on story content being what it is. If more people are getting through it, great.

I do think that if that's going to be the case though that we still need more regular difficult side stuff like Gauntlet and SoP to an extent that still gives people a reason to build a genuinely wide roster. I've been ranking champs for solo comp ever since I saw Showdown and that's been the only thing keeping me interested in acquiring and ranking champs for months.
    I think that irrelevant of whether or not story content comes out in a pre-nerf Act 6 difficulty or Act 7 level, pieces of hard but rewarding content need to be released. It’ll probably go some way to restoring a little bit of balance between just doing arena and spending on gifting vs completion of content.