**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mole Man Vs Ebony Maw matchup, I need help understanding...

te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
Hello everybody,
I'm starting this thread because I simply can't understand if what I'm experiencing is a bug or just an interaction that I don't understand ^^"
Here is the video of a practice fight with Mole Man against Ebony Maw, i found this strange interaction first in the Cav EQ skill chapter and then I was able to recreate it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U6G-QzWNu8

In this video there are two things that I don't understand:
  1. Why did I take degen damage the moment that Ebony Maw touched my block and activated the unstoppable? And why I didn't the second time?
  2. Why was I able to hit Ebony Maw while Frenzied? Shouldn't all my attacks be guaranteed crits and Miss against him?
Any help or insightful comment would really help ^_^

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Some additional points.
    He only triggers the degen if he enters frenzy after blocking and triggering usntoppable

He cannot seem to be able to shrug the falter debuff even when not frenzied
    As to your second point I think it's a case of molema being released much later than maw and not accounting for it.

You know the whole thing with Ghost not having guaranteed crits but only increased chance?
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

As to your second point I think it's a case of molema being released much later than maw and not accounting for it.

You know the whole thing with Ghost not having guaranteed crits but only increased chance?

I think that every champion has an increased chance and not guaranteed crits, with corvus being an "exception" just because his true damage buff bypass crit resistance. I know for sure that mole man can sometimes not crit against doom, and the same can be said for wasp ^_^
    Also, Hit-monkey was released after mole man if I'm not mistaken and his attacks do miss against ebony maw ^^"

I think that every champion has an increased chance and not guaranteed crits, with corvus being an "exception" just because his true damage buff bypass crit resistance. I know for sure that mole man can sometimes not crit against doom, and the same can be said for wasp ^_^
    Also, Hit-monkey was released after mole man if I'm not mistaken and his attacks do miss against ebony maw ^^"
    Corvus hits all crits even without his true damage buff. You can test that on a Scarlet witch with crit resistance. Let her nullify your true damage buff and he'll still crit all the time. But ghost against the same switch will fail crits.

The other explanation is that corvus has 200% crits and ghost only 100%. Moleman is probably 99.999% or something.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Pre buff Mole man in frenzy did miss against Ebony maw. It's a bug for sure
  • FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★

Corvus hits all crits even without his true damage buff. You can test that on a Scarlet witch with crit resistance. Let her nullify your true damage buff and he'll still crit all the time. But ghost against the same switch will fail crits.

The other explanation is that corvus has 200% crits and ghost only 100%. Moleman is probably 99.999% or something.
    Actually that’s wrong, Corvus doesn’t have guaranteed crits either, in that Scarlet Witch example let her nullify the true damage buff and then start hitting her block. You’ll notice that some of your glaive hits fail to crit through the block which otherwise would never happen. He has a insane crit rating but it’s not actually guaranteed
    Fintech said:

Actually that’s wrong, Corvus doesn’t have guaranteed crits either, in that Scarlet Witch example let her nullify the true damage buff and then start hitting her block. You’ll notice that some of your glaive hits fail to crit through the block which otherwise would never happen. He has a insane crit rating but it’s not actually guaranteed
    That would imply blocking provides high crit resistance and not the "you can't crit through block unless specified"

• FintechFintech Posts: 178 ★★★

Fintech said:

That would imply blocking provides high crit resistance and not the "you can't crit through block unless specified"

Well going by the example above it does seem to work like that
    Fintech said:

Fintech said:

Well going by the example above it does seem to work like that
    Have you ever noticed ghost critting through block? Cause she does that a lot when I mistme here specials
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    edited February 2022

Pre buff Mole man in frenzy did miss against Ebony maw. It's a bug for sure

I agree. I use him all the time and never ever have I noticed that when in Frenzy every hit is not a crit.. unless there's some kind of ability reduction. it's also stated in he's description.
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★

Moleman has guaranteed crits.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

HM has guaranteed crits and will miss against EM same as any node with guaranteed crits.
    Perhaps it's because the guaranteed crits are activated later in the fight.