**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation for Cancelled War #4 in Season 31 [Merged Threads]

1235»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Guytennis said:

DNA3000 said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Rasilover said:

People really need to read the announcement completely

Don’t expect people to have good reading comprehension
    My reading comprehension is excellent. If you returned an item to a store and they told you you’d get some of your money back on Wednesday and the rest at a ‘later date’, would you just say ok? Or would you maybe post and ask, when can I can the rest of my money back. I hardly think asking for clarification of a vague explanation implies a lack of reading comprehension. Obviously Kabam doesn’t want to overpromise which is their prerogative, but I’m always surprised when people are satisfied with terrible customer service for a product they are spending their hard earned money on. Maybe it’s just me.

Had I originally posted, ‘when is the later date we should be expecting the additional compensation?’, would all this have been avoided?
    This isn't anything like returning a item to the store. Most retailers are going to give you your refund right away. Credit card returns can take 3-5 days to refund the money but it isn't the retailer, it's the bank.

Kabam isn't giving you a date because of they don't show, the community gets mad.
    Missing the point entirely. Why is ‘later’ acceptable? 3 to 5 days gives the customer an expectation. I’d like to hang out with you soon. I’ll call you later. Don’t you need clarification? Or will you sit by the phone waiting forever.

Spoiler alert, we’re probably never hanging out. But you never know.
    Because they don't know how long it will take to evaluate who was affected and how much they were.

I work in retail. When my customer orders some that is coming in on a purchase order because we're out, we don't give them a date of that P.O. We tell them we'll call them or give at least a 2 week buffer. We do that because the P.O can arrive late from the vendor. We don't want to promise them a date because they get mad if it doesn't arrive on time. Same concept here.
    I also work in retail. When I’m out of stock and need to order merchandise, if I can’t provide a delivery window my customers take their business elsewhere.
    Well maybe set your expectations with them a bit better. Our customers are willing to wait on purchase orders and take possession of their items when they get delivered from the vendor.
    You also keep giving time frames. Two week buffer. 3-5 days to get my money back. What’s the time table for the compensation?
    It's at a later date. My company isn't Kabam. We have different rules. We won't promise a actual date, neither will Kabam.

The 3-5 days is the banks and credit cards. Not the retailer.
    You already agreed with me. You would tell your client you’d call them or give them a two week buffer. You’d NEVER leave a client with an open ended “later”. We both know that’s unacceptable.
    Actually, we recently gave someone a "later" estimate. They decided to go with Amazon who was willing to give them a more precise delivery date. They also got the wrong thing, because very few people can give precise delivery dates on certain things, like say hard drives with a very specific factory firmware version. Nobody was willing to give them a precise ship date except Amazon, and they only did so because they don't actually believe they have to ship specifically what they advertise.

They asked for help with solving this issue. We said "no." Because some customers are not worth having, and a customer with unreasonable expectations is one of those not worth having. It is a sign of headaches to come.
    Look at it from the consumer’s perspective. How much faith would you have in a company who tells you the item you want will arrive sometime in the future at an unspecified date. At the very least explain the ordering process and promise to give an update at a specified time. That way the customer would feel like their purchase mattered and would know you are actively trying to fulfill their needs.

Except you didn't order anything. You're waiting on Kabam to finish evaluating the extent that any issues might have caused. It's not simple thing to do and they are doing it by seasons tier this time. It still hasn't been a week as that comes tomorrow. We get it, you're a retail guru and you know how every company should work etc.. Quite obviously, no company will live up to your companys lofty standards of perfection.

Too bad this thread and the 50 others created won't move the needle on your obsession of knowing the exact minute compensation will arrive.

Now, what was it you had to tag me 3 times in?
  • As kabam said at a later date.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Soon
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Soon
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

Guytennis said:

DNA3000 said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Rasilover said:

My reading comprehension is excellent. If you returned an item to a store and they told you you’d get some of your money back on Wednesday and the rest at a ‘later date’, would you just say ok? Or would you maybe post and ask, when can I can the rest of my money back. I hardly think asking for clarification of a vague explanation implies a lack of reading comprehension. Obviously Kabam doesn’t want to overpromise which is their prerogative, but I’m always surprised when people are satisfied with terrible customer service for a product they are spending their hard earned money on. Maybe it’s just me.

Had I originally posted, ‘when is the later date we should be expecting the additional compensation?’, would all this have been avoided?
    This isn't anything like returning a item to the store. Most retailers are going to give you your refund right away. Credit card returns can take 3-5 days to refund the money but it isn't the retailer, it's the bank.

Kabam isn't giving you a date because of they don't show, the community gets mad.
    Missing the point entirely. Why is ‘later’ acceptable? 3 to 5 days gives the customer an expectation. I’d like to hang out with you soon. I’ll call you later. Don’t you need clarification? Or will you sit by the phone waiting forever.

Because they don't know how long it will take to evaluate who was affected and how much they were.

I work in retail. When my customer orders some that is coming in on a purchase order because we're out, we don't give them a date of that P.O. We tell them we'll call them or give at least a 2 week buffer. We do that because the P.O can arrive late from the vendor. We don't want to promise them a date because they get mad if it doesn't arrive on time. Same concept here.
    I also work in retail. When I’m out of stock and need to order merchandise, if I can’t provide a delivery window my customers take their business elsewhere.
    Well maybe set your expectations with them a bit better. Our customers are willing to wait on purchase orders and take possession of their items when they get delivered from the vendor.
    You also keep giving time frames. Two week buffer. 3-5 days to get my money back. What’s the time table for the compensation?
    It's at a later date. My company isn't Kabam. We have different rules. We won't promise a actual date, neither will Kabam.

You already agreed with me. You would tell your client you’d call them or give them a two week buffer. You’d NEVER leave a client with an open ended “later”. We both know that’s unacceptable.
    Actually, we recently gave someone a "later" estimate. They decided to go with Amazon who was willing to give them a more precise delivery date. They also got the wrong thing, because very few people can give precise delivery dates on certain things, like say hard drives with a very specific factory firmware version. Nobody was willing to give them a precise ship date except Amazon, and they only did so because they don't actually believe they have to ship specifically what they advertise.

They asked for help with solving this issue. We said "no." Because some customers are not worth having, and a customer with unreasonable expectations is one of those not worth having. It is a sign of headaches to come.
    Look at it from the consumer’s perspective. How much faith would you have in a company who tells you the item you want will arrive sometime in the future at an unspecified date. At the very least explain the ordering process and promise to give an update at a specified time. That way the customer would feel like their purchase mattered and would know you are actively trying to fulfill their needs.

Except you didn't order anything. You're waiting on Kabam to finish evaluating the extent that any issues might have caused. It's not simple thing to do and they are doing it by seasons tier this time. It still hasn't been a week as that comes tomorrow. We get it, you're a retail guru and you know how every company should work etc.. Quite obviously, no company will live up to your companys lofty standards of perfection.

Too bad this thread and the 50 others created won't move the needle on your obsession of knowing the exact minute compensation will arrive.

Now, what was it you had to tag me 3 times in?
    Kabam is offering compensation to make right what they apparently feel was the poor performance of their product. This in theory is an attempt to placate the community who has spent money. One might infer that this is similar to a refund. Maybe compare it to a restaurant comping you when your meal was poorly prepared. I think you’re inaccurate by implying that we didn’t ‘order’ anything. Kabam obviously feels they need to reimburse us in some capacity. You point out that it hasn’t yet been a week, which I assume you believe is an acceptable time frame. In your opinion, which we know you like to share, how long will be too long to wait for the compensation? Just so we’re all on the same page.
  • Guytennis said:

DNA3000 said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Rasilover said:

My issue with this is that for some consumers, it doesn't matter. The whole "the customer is always right" mentally is strong and I have told people we we can't do things a certain way or why we can't give them an exact date when an update is released and they will still try argue until they get the answer they want and an unreleased expectation. Sometimes the best you can do is give them a later date and if you're lucky, you can give people a hopeful date but let them know it's not set in stone. Sadly that's just not always possible and people will always be mad about it
  • Why are there so many threads after compensation? After the compensation comes their will be way more threads on 3 topics, 1 I didnt get my compensation where they will tag all the people with Kabam in their name, 2 their will be threads on how trashy they think the rewards are and 3 to flex their 6*Gamora which they got in their compensation.

After the compensation there will be threads complaining about the compensation
  • Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

DNA3000 said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Guytennis said:

Rasilover said:

My issue with this is that for some consumers, it doesn't matter. The whole "the customer is always right" mentally is strong and I have told people we we can't do things a certain way or why we can't give them an exact date when an update is released and they will still try argue until they get the answer they want and an unreleased expectation. Sometimes the best you can do is give them a later date and if you're lucky, you can give people a hopeful date but let them know it's not set in stone. Sadly that's just not always possible and people will always be mad about it
    Don’t you think it’s bad customer service that this ridiculous post about compensation has been viewed almost 10k times and Kabam hasn’t felt the need to chime in a say something. All they have to do say is ‘give us a month’, or any timeframe. I’ll shut up after that. ‘Later’ is what you tell your 4 year old when they want a candy bar. It’s not something you tell paying customers when you’re trying to rectify a situation.
    I find it ridiculous this post has gone this long in general. They said at a later date. I get wanting to know when, but they don't need to tell us or update us. I'd rather they tell us when they are close to being released rather than just giving a perspective time frame and then having to see the all too similar "it's the beginning of the month where's the comp" or something like that. Its also possible that mods arent allowed to further discuss it at the time or has some rules in place in regards to what and when they can discuss certain informstion and details. I agree that communication with kabam is always slack and could be better, but this is just the inevitable cycle that the forum users and mods will always go through.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    edited February 2022
    It will probably be comp related to AW,…revives and pots maybe some loyalty etc. It’s off season so what does it matter when it comes??, will be before next war season I assume.
  • Karma_xtc said:

When are we supposed to get it

Just wait till someone makes the 30th February joke 🤣
  • NemeschyNemeschy Posts: 53
    Tomorrow!! Tomorrow!! There's always tomorrow!! It's only a dayyyyy aaaaa waaayyyyy!!!!
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 362 ★★★
    Early June
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Why are people so crazy about this compensation? Do they think honestly think it’s going to be something more then a few potions at most ?
  • RasAlGhulRasAlGhul Posts: 7
    I guess that settles it no compensations from kabam. We all been punk’d
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    RasAlGhul said:

Except Miike said today it's not ready yet.
  • RasAlGhulRasAlGhul Posts: 7

RasAlGhul said:

Except Miike said today it's not ready yet.
    when did he say that
This discussion has been closed.