**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds: Non-competitive mode?

Felix33Felix33 Posts: 47
edited February 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Sorry if this is explained somewhere.

Do we know, whether there will be an option to play against a friend like we do in incursions. From the reviews of content creators, after spending 30 energy (which I hope they will change), you cue up for a match with a random opponent.

I am very excited and hopefully, it will be great addition to the game.
But at the same time, since they started teasing about this mode couple years ago and watching summoner showdowns which has a similar format, I was hoping I could sit next to my friends and play them as well.

Obviously these should not count towards to competitive rankings or give rewards (or perhaps different rewards even something like a betting system with a different in-game currency, something that wouldn't break the game or something people can take advantage of)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    With incursion matchups... when paring with random partner, half the time they basically how up and back out.

What would happen to your entry costs (energy) and costs for refreshing champs if this were to happen in the battlegrounds?
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Beta footage looked promising except the boosts and cost of entry which seems crazy.

With incursion matchups... when paring with random partner, half the time they basically how up and back out.

What would happen to your entry costs (energy) and costs for refreshing champs if this were to happen in the battlegrounds?

I just always assumed that the energy cost would not be the same in an actual version of the battlegrounds. Energy in the beta tests has always been freely available for you to test out as much content as possible, so I assumed this was just an arbitrary entry cost that was easily doable for all testers. Could be wrong, but I don’t see why you would use questing energy in a competitive mode. Incursions doesn’t use any, arenas has some stupidly low amount of gold, etc.

Basically, my hopes are high that this isn’t going to be the same when it comes out for everyone.
  • MutantA___4444MutantA___4444 Posts: 186 ★★
    edited February 2022
    Well what if my device crashes mid fight as it does many times? will it count as a forfeit/Lose that round or will It make my champ lose half its health(like AW ,AQ and Incusrions?) or will the fight restart?
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★

Well what if my device crashes mid fight as it does many times? will it count as a forfeit/Lose that round or will It make my champ lose half its health(like AW ,AQ and Incusrions?) or will the fight restart?

Pretty sure it won't restart cause it's a timed fight. My guess is it will be considered as a timeout with you losing half your health and opponent still as full health.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

Beta footage looked promising except the boosts and cost of entry which seems crazy.

Energy cost was nuts. Unless they plan to make energy refills more accessible, i think i saw 30 energy per fight?

On top of monthly eq's and side quests that cost energy that is absurd
  • Skiddy212 said:

Mauled said:

Energy cost was nuts. Unless they plan to make energy refills more accessible, i think i saw 30 energy per fight?

On top of monthly eq's and side quests that cost energy that is absurd
    Yeah, it’s close to 15 units/match so they’re monetising the hell out of it at this stage. Being competitive will probably end up being more a case of being able to afford to do more matches rather than winning more, depending on how exactly the win/loss points work and you’ve essentially got a featured arena V2 which will be dominated by the players who are willing to drop thousands of units on refills and boosts and simply outlast poorer players.