**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Samsung Galaxy S22 line - Supported?

10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
I'll soon be updating to the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Since this phone is brand new, is there a way to know if Kabam is ready to support them? They operate on Android 12, which is already in use, so I would hope the new phones don't cause issues. However, I seem to recall past problems folks have reported with brand new phones. This is the first new phone I'm updating to in 3 years, so it's been a while since I've had to deal with it.

Comments

• Iamant1Iamant1 Posts: 166
    Yes its nothing to do with the phone that's like saying would excel run on a new dell laptop.. its down to the operating system, which as you say is in use so it will work
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    There's been a couple of people who got a ban for "using third-party software" after switching to the s22. It's safer to wait a bit for kabam to figure it out if you're able to wait before upgrading.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    I doubt Kabam will ban you if you upgrade your phone to the latest model..
    what you can't do is use third-party software to cheat I'm the game.

not sure if the mcoc game is optimized for enhanced graphical capabilities of S22 or if game experience will be better overall.
  • There's been a couple of people who got a ban for "using third-party software" after switching to the s22. It's safer to wait a bit for kabam to figure it out if you're able to wait before upgrading.

I believe this has been resolved, and players who were inadvertently banned due to playing on the S22 Ultra should have those bans reversed (as in: as of earlier today). If they haven't, they should open a new ticket with support and specifically ask for their ban to be reviewed in the context of having played recently on a Samsung S22 Ultra.

The S22 Ultra is not yet widely available, and its unique hardware configuration apparently tripped an anti-cheat detector, as the phone isn't in general circulation yet and hadn't been reviewed by Kabam. It should be validated now.

@Saumik I believe this specifically includes you.
  • DNA3000 said:

I believe this has been resolved, and players who were inadvertently banned due to playing on the S22 Ultra should have those bans reversed (as in: as of earlier today). If they haven't, they should open a new ticket with support and specifically ask for their ban to be reviewed in the context of having played recently on a Samsung S22 Ultra.

The S22 Ultra is not yet widely available, and its unique hardware configuration apparently tripped an anti-cheat detector, as the phone isn't in general circulation yet and hadn't been reviewed by Kabam. It should be validated now.

@Saumik I believe this specifically includes you.

And also @Lollo2912, who I would assume is in same alliance as Saumik and so his post was regarding that other player's couple acct's.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for this information.
  • Lollo2912Lollo2912 Posts: 4
    Thanks a lot for this information.. my players are in the same situation they bought in preorder the new Samsung device and got the day after the ban.
    I hope that kabam will retire the ban
  • Lollo2912Lollo2912 Posts: 4
    Currently kabam has removed the ban, they lost the prizes of 3 days, my ally lost to close 100% 5 days of aq8.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Wow, sorry to hear that, @Lollo2912 😔 Hopefully Kabam can make some kind of restitution for your ally since it was a failure on their part by misidentifying the issue.
  • DarkZenDarkZen Posts: 285
    Would like someone from Kabam to confirm this. In a few days im due an upgrade and most likely getting samsung S22. Would be stupid getting banned just because of a software which may be on this phone i would not be aware of
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    FWIW, S22 Ultra does NOT currently have the good graphic effects enabled.
    @Kabam Miike , could you pass along the suggestion to keep "the switch" ON by default? This isn't 2015 and almost every phone should be capable of running the good graphics. Sucks that everyone on new Android gets stuck with bad graphics by default. Hopefully it won't take months to get addressed.
    edited February 2022
    Could one of the scroll by disagreers give some input?
    The Pixel 6 Pro just recently got the good graphics enabled and it was released in October. What takes so long and why do they have a worse setting by default, no matter what the device is capable of?

EDIT: I'm using the Snapdragon version and had no problems or anything regarding a ban.
  • Lollo2912 said:

Currently kabam has removed the ban, they lost the prizes of 3 days, my ally lost to close 100% 5 days of aq8.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/297546/update-regarding-issues-with-the-samsung-galaxy-s22

Kabam Miike mentions a "small gift" in his announcement. I wouldn't hazard a guess as to what that might be, but it seems like Kabam is making some attempt to compensate for the errant bans. It probably won't make players completely whole, especially if there was a cascade of problems with the ban (like missing AQ days) but they are at least thinking about it.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Guys, I'm considering going for s22. How are you guys liking playing the game on it? I do play on an ipad in general but when I'm on the go and want to quickly hop on.
    Graphics aren't as good as on iPad/iPhone. Loading is fast, but there's still the occasional stutter/hitch in the fight. I get maybe 2 a day if I'm playing all day. Parry issues still, but it's hard to distinguish between bugs and Kabam tinkerings.
    J0eySn0w said:

Guys, I'm considering going for s22. How are you guys liking playing the game on it? I do play on an ipad in general but when I'm on the go and want to quickly hop on.

• AzhrarnAzhrarn Posts: 1
    edited April 2022
    I recently obtained a Galaxy S22 Ultra and am having intermittent issues with the dash back and dash forward/medium attack controls not working properly. I play the game almost exclusively on WiFi. The problem is not constant but is extremely annoying when it happens. Any idea as to the cause/remedy?
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,717 ★★★
    Does any of this affect the regular S22?
    I just got that phone.