**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Whats the point in releasing only 1 half of the final SQ chapter?

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    So that people can complain 'Togather' and get involve with the community and diss 'Together' on kabam.

It brings people together.
    Bold move, Bringing people closer, during "These" Times. I'll advise in maintaining 6 feet distance all the time.
  • Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    Just did my half quest and bought 1 entire item lol. Thanks for the 150 mojo bucks
  • Cam77778888Cam77778888 Posts: 113
    Releasing half of 1 chapter is petty or lazy or possibly just both
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Jeal79 said:

So let me see...
    Over 70% of the rewards (which including the milestones is a lot of reward) are locked behind the very last quest.

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking that it's been designed this way intentionally because the final map will be a unit/potion vacuum?

I mean I've heard people talking about gambling strategies in here regarding crystal pulls and how the design might entice you into purchasing more crystals, but another trick is to get people "invested" before you throw a unit sink at them.

Imagine you've used the odd revive here and there to get through the week 1-3 maps. After 3 weeks you've gained about a quarter of the rewards available. That last quest is gonna seem worth the extra unit/potion investment when the other three quarters of your reward stacked behind it.

I'm calling it now. Expecting the last week to be an absolute ball ache because there's no other reason why you'd design it this way. Think people are pissed now just over having to wait? Wait til we see what **** is in store for the final week

Possible as mojo is he final boss. More times you die the harder he gets
  • JJ3JJ3 Posts: 13
    I agree. They should be adding reasons to play not reducing them.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Why is this an issue? Just wait till next week. Sometimes it feels like this community runs on outrage…

Come on, you have to realize this is probably the dumbest way they could have done this.
    I honestly don’t see the problem. Are people busy next week? Is it spring cleaning week?
    So we have to wait 7 days to complete the event. Is this something you should give a second thought?
    I don’t think so.
    So 8% rewards week 1, 15% week 2, 3% week 3 and 74% week 4 seems like a logical split to you. It's not that it's worth spending your days worrying about it, it's that it shows that nobody working for Kabam seems to have thought this through and come up with a logical solution. Lock 1 path on each of the final chapters would make more sense, breaking the first chapter in 2 would make more sense, unlocking it all this week would make more sense. It's probably the least logical option.
    I keep seeing this come up, but where does it say that each week must be of equal % of the final rewards? Do you want an exact split between each week? I think it makes sense to lock the bulk of the rewards behind the later quests. It means that those who aren’t ready for the harder content can’t do it, and it lets people still be excited to do, and have content to do at the latter weeks of the month.

And who decides what is logical here? If kabam released one quest one day, then 2 and a half chapters the next day, then waited 28 days for the final node, then maybe you’d have an argument. But arguing that 3 chapters being split into 4 weeks of content by releasing 2 chapters then 2 lots of half a chapter is illogical? That seems to be the only illogical thing around here to me.

And at the end of the day, by all that is holy I will never understand how people actually let themselves get wound up about how one week of a side quest on a mobile game has slightly less content and rewards than another one. Come on people, is this really what matters?

If you wait one week you can get the rest of the rewards, one week is not a long time. Patience is key here.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Yeah like what the ????

So lame

• SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Never once heard anyone complain about things being released all at once.

Nobody complains about things being released all at once. They complain about having nothing to do. Because they did everything at once.
    Hear me out when I say this, but that sounds like a self control issue. Cavalier crystals aren’t locked behind a limit to purchase, but that’s allowed anyway. Why does content have to be “locked”?
    Siliyo said:

DNA3000 said:

Nobody complains about things being released all at once. They complain about having nothing to do. Because they did everything at once.
    Hear me out when I say this, but that sounds like a self control issue. Cavalier crystals aren’t locked behind a limit to purchase, but that’s allowed anyway. Why does content have to be “locked”?
    Could be a game interaction metric that Kabam prefer people logging in throughout the month instead of just at the first couple of weeks, then much, much less after.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

DNA3000 said:

Could be a game interaction metric that Kabam prefer people logging in throughout the month instead of just at the first couple of weeks, then much, much less after.
    Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like stat padding: forcing players to play the game longer, therefore you can go to the Board of Investors and “gloat” that your players put in X hours this month “because they want to” as opposed to forcefully designing it in such a way
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    This all just goes along with how lame everything has been the last few months. Dragging on have less and less to do and just being stale. Makes you want to just be on less and less maybe only doing AQ. Its like they are try to make people want to just play other games while waiting for something exciting to happen if..you come back. It's really sad. At least having some new buffed champs to play through this with would have been something fun but nope.

If you want to beat this game…quit the game

You’re either being performatively negative or you actually feel this way about the game. If it’s the former, maybe tone down the theatrics but if it’s the latter then I’d really just question why you are actually playing a game that you clearly hate.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    I agree. I was super disappointed when only half the last chapter unlocked. I was expecting to get all the stuff today, but instead, I could only awaken a three star.
  • Siliyo said:

DNA3000 said:

If you are a game developer and you allow your players to burn themselves out on content because you didn't enforce throttles, you can blame them for not having self control but that would be meaningless if they move on to another game and you're unemployed.

I think players often forget, or fail to realize that the goals of the developers and the goals of the players are closely aligned but not identical. Players want a good game. Developers want a successful game. A good game is a game you can play for years without running out of content. A successful game is a game that is played for years without running out of players. A game can be both, but you have to prioritize one of them.

This issue self-evidently doesn't affect Cavalier crystals in nearly the same way, because you don't hear about any significant number of people complaining that they spent all their money for the month and now have to wait weeks before they are allowed to buy things again.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    It is pretty obvious the designer of this SQ don’t want players “lost fun” quickly when they can finish SQ and redeem rewards at the early stage of the game, thus they put most of the tickets to completion/exploration and put Act 3.2 to another week. There is no right or wrong, it is just the intention of SQ design.

Be prepared for forum washing next week by posts talking about:
    1. How to spent the tickets
    2. Which champ to awaken
    3. Share your C&C result/luck x 10 posts (at least)
    4. Which champ to rank up
    5. Which champ to put in sig stone
    6. Can’t get milestone reward / Kabam is so unfair as I can’t finish the final chapter
    7. Poll for “what do you think about this SQ”
  • Madhav_MMadhav_M Posts: 2
    It can be an issue coz this week i am free, so i wanna play mcoc and complete wahtever i can, but next week I'm super busy, can't play mcoc. Now for such kind of people who don't really have a schedule to play, it just discourages them from playing. Whereas if kabam just throws it all at once, players have the choice of completing stuff in their own pace be it 1-day exploration or whole month. It is a pathetic attempt at trying make players login to the game the whole month. And tbh if someone complains no more content is left by the end of month, it is what it is, kabam can't produce infinte content daily so.
  • MutantA___4444MutantA___4444 Posts: 186 ★★
    Madhav_M said:

It can be an issue coz this week i am free, so i wanna play mcoc and complete wahtever i can, but next week I'm super busy, can't play mcoc. Now for such kind of people who don't really have a schedule to play, it just discourages them from playing. Whereas if kabam just throws it all at once, players have the choice of completing stuff in their own pace be it 1-day exploration or whole month. It is a pathetic attempt at trying make players login to the game the whole month. And tbh if someone complains no more content is left by the end of month, it is what it is, kabam can't produce infinte content daily so.

If you put it like that this week I haven't been playing MCOC that much because I am super busy but next week I'm free
    and like most of the people who like MCOC they login everyday just to either help their alliance and/or to claim daily stuff or grind arena. some people who aren't that interested in the game play about 2/3 times a week. If they didnt release content like this then people would be like REALESE MORE CONTENT WE FINISHED THE QUEST SO LONG AGO WE NEED MORE THINGS TO DO THE GAME IS SO PTW etcetc.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure it’s because people complain when they release everything at once. Then you’ll hear “what do I do now? I finished all content!”

This way, they’ll have something to do ever week.

Those same people still complain when they release it weekly