**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No Abyss for Carinas Challenge Please

Comments

• Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    If it isn’t ridiculous restrictions, then I think it’s okay. Like without someone like Aegon imagine how many revives the collector boss will cost
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

This better not be a whole path on the abyss.

Just a regular "one-shot of a abyss fight" is enough of a challenge. We dont need the whole path. No.

If it requires revives, and a good couple of them, then it shouldn't be even consider

I think you forgot to mention p2w somewhere in here.
    So, you agree?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    the biggest problem with the LoL objectives were that there was no leaning room at all. it was
    1. only bring star-lord
    2. only bring these 5 champs
    3. only bring 5 of these 11 champs (most of which aren't useful)

if we see an objective like "complete a path of abyss only using 5* Thunderbolt champs," i think a lot of people will just ignore it. but if we see one like "complete a path of abyss only using 5* hero champs" it's completely different. there's just so much more leniency and lots of breathing room if you don't have the best option.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

I don't mind farming revives. I don't love fights that aren't actually that difficult, there is just no way to do it without dying due to a timer or other contrived mechanism.

This is basically the whole problem of these "challenges". No matter how skilled someone is, it becomes literally impossible to complete them without any item usage. Which is a design flaw, on such advertised "hard challenges".

Would be cool to see some challenges like "complete X using Y without using a single potion or revive".
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    I'm f2p and I didnt mind first carinas. I didn't jump instantly, been farming side by side all year.
    Watched many youtubers and saw it's just test of Grind and item hoarding.
    They each lasted 6-8 hours, and it took me 3-4 days to complete 1 objective.
    I can't imagine how long Abyss challenges will take.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w , if one challenge was complete an abyss path without using revives, which is definitely a skill and roster check for those at the very top of the game, *but is possible* would that count?

Or would the lack of r4 or r3 stryfe for most people be the issue? Because that can't be a revive fest by definition.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @AverageDesi I think it could be done at r3 with boosts... Not by anyone bar Swedeah at the moment mind you..

Same as solo abyss thing with 2* shulk. MSD, Bero I think too?

Technically these are both possible and have been done.

They could be challenges of pretty much skill, patience and roster....

But therein lies the challenge; building a worthy Everest for me, is very different to building one for Swedeah, MSD or Bero.

I didn't solo 7.3 Kang on any of my 6 runs and didn't get closer than down to 12% on my fifth run. Even with r3 CGR. Not sure I'd want to try.

But if it's pegged to Swedeah/Bero/MSD ability, then it will be called too hard, revive fest or outright impossible by 99.999999% of the player base. Even xNig would baulk at some of those and he's the one who claimed challenges should require selling a kidney or similar organ 🙄🤣
    No challenge should be designed to be impossible to beat without reviving. That should be obvious at this point. I dont see how someone prefers these to be more p2w and "revive fest" rather than a real challenge than can be overcome without item usage.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

No challenge should be designed to be impossible to beat without reviving. That should be obvious at this point. I dont see how someone prefers these to be more p2w and "revive fest" rather than a real challenge than can be overcome without item usage.

So alliance wars are p2w? Even at plat 2 level?

So alliance wars are p2w? Even at plat 2 level?
    While they aren't the best content in the game, you aren't required to use items
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

The thing is with calling everything pay to win is that nobody believes you when you try to call stuff out

You’re the boy that cried P2W