**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

REFUND FOR HELA CRYSTALS!

MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike The Hela character was released as god tier champ, then you declared it's "bugged" after a few days.
It's not the first time this happens...and many people like me spend shards, units or money to open featured 5* or featured grand master crystals.

This habit of you, Kabam, has gone too far. We feel fooled, cheated by you.
As a customer I feel not to trust you anymore as a service/product provider.

Just show your good faith and offer people an option to get a refund!!!

Comments

• OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Only fool is you. Should have known better
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I thought the bug was something to do with her fury buffs not expiring.

Fixing this would not be a nerf and shouldn't warrent a refund.

Unless I'm miss informed about what the actual bug was and they did nerf her in some way.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★

So you are saying this is the normality we should expect from a serious company?
    Not in my world. There are standards that every company who wants to be in business must accomplish.
    I expect Kabam to meet these standards. Period.

Well it should be clear and objective, unless you're just trolling...
    Grufty wrote: »
    Unless I'm miss informed about what the actual bug was and they did nerf her in some way.

I'm just saying that they keep releasing champs, after beta testing (?), and in the first week they're out, after everybody used shards, units and money to get them, Kabam "fixes" them because they're unbalanced or OP.
    This news is getting old.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    MEKA5 wrote: »

So you are saying this is the normality we should expect from a serious company?
    Not in my world. There are standards that every company who wants to be in business must accomplish.
    I expect Kabam to meet these standards. Period.

Well it should be clear and objective, unless you're just trolling...

Not trolling. Been playing since day 1. You answered your own question in your original post. You know this is a habit for them. Said so yourself. So no one to blame but yourself. Sometimes champs have bugs when the are first released. You also should know that they are not going to release champs that are going to be so over powered it will cost them money. If Hela was left the way she was people dominate the LOL with her. Then all those who spent hundreds to beat the LOL would be pissed with the release of a champ that can run through it easily. Not fair to them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The Spotlight described her as how she was intended to work. Other than a text error that had nothing to do with her power, the information was provided. A fix does not warrant compensation. That's why people need to check the Forum for official info, rather than other sources, if they want to make informed decisions. It was clear there wad an issue with her because it was Players who pointed it out. Sorry, but I don't agree that Resources are owed.
    @OnlyOneAboveAll @GroundedWisdom I see your points and kind of agree with the different perspectives you brought to the table. So yeah, I guess the "good practice" would be not to trust Kabam has tested and balanced it...and wait before going for a featured.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    So you didn’t find anything fishy with her fury stacks not expiring despite her character info saying that it will? And her insane damage looked normal to you?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    MEKA5 wrote: »
    @OnlyOneAboveAll @GroundedWisdom I see your points and kind of agree with the different perspectives you brought to the table. So yeah, I guess the "good practice" would be not to trust Kabam has tested and balanced it...and wait before going for a featured.

That's not what I said. I said trust the information released and the information shared by Mods here before trusting YouTube, Reddit, or other online sources. Meaning, what they stated was her functionality was the intended outcome, not what was shared in a video. The community was already questioning and discussing the need for more information by the time people jumped the gun because they saw the extra Damage.
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    edited November 2017
    Kabam has not released an unbugged character in awhile. If they are not bugged when released then they all of a sudden become bugged the next update (Nebula) and they seem to never get around to fixing them.

So if you spend for a character good chances they are bugged. It's on you. Also with Hela everyone knew she wasn't going to get to keep that damage.
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    haha, u foolish silly boy. thats ur own fault
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    She was released with a bug that made her perform better than advertised. Kabam are fixing that bug. The only reason why people are complaining is because the bug benefits players. If the bug was detrimental to players you wouldn't have the same backlash when it got fixed would you? (The fact that Kabam fixes bugs that are beneficial to players exponentially faster than those that don't is another story).

Most of the parties upset are going off the YouTube clips that showed her with record low hit count kills etc etc. The clips also show the bug in question with her spirit counter resetting itself. Getting caught up in the momentary hype is understandable, but as the saying goes, if it is too good to be true...

Also heard people saying it was false advertising... again not true, she was never advertised as infinite fury. She was bugged according to her description.

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Look it really is an issue of promising one thing then delivering another. And ya know noone here would probably complain if they came back and said, "we under powered this champ and we are nerfing them up a little!" But it is always about "taking away." Never played a game that gave you things then tried to take them away later or dumb them down later...this seems unique and really badly planned and handled! Repeatedly!
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Rap wrote: »
    Look it really is an issue of promising one thing then delivering another. And ya know noone here would probably complain if they came back and said, "we under powered this champ and we are nerfing them up a little!" But it is always about "taking away." Never played a game that gave you things then tried to take them away later or dumb them down later...this seems unique and really badly planned and handled! Repeatedly!

Can you tell me when Kabam promised that Hela would be like she was when’ bugged ?
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Rap wrote: »

I would say this was true of restricting Loki to 100K and also the GP heavy attack change. I don't think the Hela bug falls into the same category.
  • Even after her slight nerf she is still Demi-God
  • IlluminantIlluminant Posts: 196
    That’s why waiting for the second time a character comes in the 5 star featured is always a better option
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    I think everyone is getting a little bent out of shape on this one. I know the term "Nerf" comes with its own scary stigma... and rightfully so. But this is honestly more of a correction to a problem on the initial release from what I read.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    There are actually many people who believe that opening the featured crystal within 30mins of its release will provide a better chance at getting the featured champ. I personally do not buy into this belief, but I know that many others do. Maybe they feel that they have rigged it to be better chances so there is more hype and more people will rush to buy the crystals. I would rather wait for a few days until things are ironed out... until others have tested her, etc. In fact, other than Blade, I have always waited for the crystal to come around the second time before going for it.
  • Hey All,

This was not a nerf. Bug fixes and nerfs are not the same thing, and we won't treat them the same. They should also not be discussed as being the same thing within our community spaces due to the confusion this could cause other players. Her abilities are correctly listed in her spotlight and in game descriptions. It is true that there were some unintended issues with Hela when she was released, but all of her documentation was correct, and still is. It is important to base your opinions on what Champions you want to add to your Roster on the official materials we release.

Beyond this, it was very apparent to many that she was bugged, even if some hoped we ‘wouldn’t notice’ or address it. If a Champion is ever more powerful or less powerful than they are presented to be, or than is good for the balance of The Contest, it should be assumed that we will step in to make corrections when we're able to. This includes situations where any one given Champion appears to be wildly more powerful than others. While some Champions in The Contest will always be better than others, our intended goal is to ensure that even within this scale there is some degree of balance. Many players were able to easily determine that in this instance, Hela was not functioning as our design team intended her to and anticipated that she would be fixed. We feel this was an obvious bug, and we stepped in to fix it as quickly as possible.

Now that we have addressed this situation, we're going to be closing this thread down.
This discussion has been closed.