**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No Abyss for Carinas Challenge Please

Comments

• Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Honestly, I think doing a path of abyss without aegon, doom, torch, or nick would be a cool challenge. There's a lot of great options that got overlooked because these were dubbed "the four horseman" due to their ability to take the majority of fights in the abyss.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

No challenge should be designed to be impossible to beat without reviving. That should be obvious at this point. I dont see how someone prefers these to be more p2w and "revive fest" rather than a real challenge than can be overcome without item usage.

Players love to talk about what should and shouldn't be. You're not one of the devs so what you think should or shouldn't be doesn't matter. You willingly choose to play this game designed by other people. You don't get to then go back and tell the people making it what they should be doing. You can say you don't like something but at the end of the day, your opinion means squat as far as design intention.
    While I am not supporting maw, I would like to disagree with your last point. Unless the game designer is purely designing a game out of his/her own passion and interests and not to make money from it, then the opinion of the people who play it should matter to them and need to be considered while making design decisions.
    They do take the player side . Not based on forum posts but based on actual game data and player progress on these quests.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

No challenge should be designed to be impossible to beat without reviving. That should be obvious at this point. I dont see how someone prefers these to be more p2w and "revive fest" rather than a real challenge than can be overcome without item usage.

You should stop using the word p2w when it doesn’t apply. If something can be done without paying it simply isn’t p2w
    That's not how it works
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Players love to talk about what should and shouldn't be. You're not one of the devs so what you think should or shouldn't be doesn't matter. You willingly choose to play this game designed by other people. You don't get to then go back and tell the people making it what they should be doing. You can say you don't like something but at the end of the day, your opinion means squat as far as design intention.
    If that’s the case, what’s the point of Kabam holding a beta? Why does Kabam ask for feedback? Evidently, they do want to hear what people want in this game. For somebody who says “your opinion doesn’t mean squat” you sure have been sharing your opinion quite often.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

While I am not supporting maw, I would like to disagree with your last point. Unless the game designer is purely designing a game out of his/her own passion and interests and not to make money from it, then the opinion of the people who play it should matter to them and need to be considered while making design decisions.
    Sure devs can choose to pivot based on player reaction. That's why I said people bare free to say they dislike whatever they dislike. They just don't get to decide what SHOULD be a thing or not.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

You should stop using the word p2w when it doesn’t apply. If something can be done without paying it simply isn’t p2w
    That's not how it works
    What does P2W mean to you?
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    edited March 2022

if we see an objective like "complete a path of abyss only using 5* Thunderbolt champs," i think a lot of people will just ignore it. but if we see one like "complete a path of abyss only using 5* hero champs" it's completely different. there's just so much more leniency and lots of breathing room if you don't have the best option.

What? Most of the people who had already done the abyss used 5*s.....where is the challenge here??

Zan0 said:

That's not how it works
    Anything you can spend money on 🙂

if we see an objective like "complete a path of abyss only using 5* Thunderbolt champs," i think a lot of people will just ignore it. but if we see one like "complete a path of abyss only using 5* hero champs" it's completely different. there's just so much more leniency and lots of breathing room if you don't have the best option.

What? Most of the people who had already done the abyss used 5*s.....where is the challenge here??
    It was a gist of how it could be
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

That's not how it works
    @Eb0ny-O-M4w not sure if you missed this but an answer would provide some insight into why you think so much is P2W
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Using Items is inevitable at some point, if challenging content is to progress. Outside of that, the only avenue you have is extending Fights indefinitely, and that's more time-consuming than challenging.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    People out here worrying about an Abyss challenge while I'm much more worried about the content being restricted to those who have completed a run of Abyss.

I really hope they don't do that.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    What would people consider to be a real challenge that is ftp (basically it seems ftp means 0 items no matter what)?
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

Using Items is inevitable at some point, if challenging content is to progress. Outside of that, the only avenue you have is extending Fights indefinitely, and that's more time-consuming than challenging.

don't you have the collector to fight first before getting uncollected? or are you still stuck in act 4?
    I'm not judging, just wondering :
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

don't you have the collector to fight first before getting uncollected? or are you still stuck in act 4?
    I'm not judging, just wondering :
    First off, you're off on that one.
    Secondly, we're having a conversation about the amount of challenge you can add to the current state of the game given the limitations of the mechanics. What I've done really doesn't pertain to this discussion.
    There are only so many ways you can offer challenge in this game.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

People out here worrying about an Abyss challenge while I'm much more worried about the content being restricted to those who have completed a run of Abyss.

I really hope they don't do that.

They said it’s Thronebreakers. If you’re a Thronebreaker, you have access to the new Carina Challenges.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,101 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

That's not how it works
    Anything others can obtain easier than he can. Whether that be through money or skill
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

that was just a very specific, and now that i'm looking at it again, bad example. my point was that if people are forced to use champs who just don't work or you just can't use, they just won't do the challenge. like the only reason the star-lord was half-doable was because he can ramp himself up. but if you have to do a whole abyss path with 6* groot there's not really anything you can do about that
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Let's take Carinas V1 for example.
    If all these resources(not consider the fighting aspect) are available just flat out as cash offers, I wouldn't even consider to look at them. Hell I don't even read the mail which links to units store. The only time I open the unit store is when I miss touch it due to lag or by mistake.

I see these objective with big rewards as great avenues, for I as a F2P is now given a chance to get them by grinding items or using units. They are part of permanent content. So they arnt paywall gated.

We get offers with huge items quiet frequently, and Whales will buy it anyways, but with these challanges atleast we f2p have a chance to get something good without spending a single dollar.

Gauntlet was a rewarding content for its time right! From a pool of 10,000 players, what was the percent of players who cleared it with 0 revives.

Defeating collector with Cyclops and fighting maestro with Starlord weren't fun. But I and many did them for rewards. Same way I do arena and explore master,UC,cav evdry month. They aren't fun either, just an evenue to dump energy and getting units in case of arenas.

I always had fun in special quests, story and variants. It's sad to see how less frequent the celebrity challenges have become. Last one was Shang chi. They aren't cominv like they used to.

I don't care what p2w players are buying, Gaming industry is built on p2w aspect, I only care what I have access to as a f2p. So I'm chuffed about content and the rewards, easy or revive fest, I'll do it. Today, tomorrow or in year 2099.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    One of the challenges shapes like use 4 stars in act 6 chapter 4 all fights
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★

One of the challenges shapes like use 4 stars in act 6 chapter 4 all fights

4 stars are locked to use in act 6-7