**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Phoenix Cav monthly quest

Honestly whoever designed this fight is pure evil.
Not only you cannot see anything on your side of the screen since there are already 4 icons for the fight nodes (whiter, power gain, falter and whatever) on top of that you have your own combo metre, given you have as well 3 icons such as dex, let’s say glaive charges or aura of doom then you cannot even see the falter icon, then she will just regen and go to sp3 one shotting pretty much anything. Start over and she will proc regen again.
That’s it. Pure evil.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    It is hard for sure.

I focus on a few things: get Phoe to gain furies so she can take damage; watch the falter icon so I can avoid getting hit or doing damage to the defender during that short window; throw specials only after stunning her, because she cannot dash back before you throw it.

Prof X worked OK, as did Diablo. But I took a few KOs in the various runs on that path. I had one solo with Diablo.

But I found the paths pretty fun, and the other bosses were no problem, so overall I like the quest.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I think I used King Groot at first and got absolutely wrecked because I didn't read the nodes. I revived him and went in again, and got halfway-wrecked again (because I didn't fully understand the nodes this time) but ultimately managed to pull it off in the end.

The more I understood the fight, the more I enjoyed it. I'll definitely change champ for my next attempt but there were some cool interactions in there for sure.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Human torch with nova flames. Easy fight
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

I'm gonna have to try that when mine is released from AW.
  • I used bwdo
  • MachenesoMacheneso Posts: 30
    Oh don’t get me wrong guys the fight is cunning, but I can barely see all the icons that’s the main thing.
    Used ProfX as well but still found annoying that there’s way too many things to watch on the screen and they get hidden at times. You need to watch if she has 3 buffs, your timer, falter.
    Just too many things
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    I used DDHK. Fight took forever because his damage output is still dreadful but at least he bypassed her stupid falter the whole time.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Cool fight. Used Ibom -- don't use acid burn or when she dashes back it'll be reflected on you -- and Moleman. You need heavy debuff champs.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★
    Magik does really well. Phoenix was incredibly aggressive and there’s no falter when her backs to the wall!
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Professor X works fine. There's also Nick.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★

Cool fight. Used Ibom -- don't use acid burn or when she dashes back it'll be reflected on you -- and Moleman. You need heavy debuff champs.

Agreed. First time I did it, I hate it. Now I think it is a really cool design.
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    Yeah this boss is CHEEKS.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I'm having trouble keeping up with all the nodes. Also, Phoenix will constantly dashes back and I got falter non stop. Garbage fight.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Hercs did it for me & he solo every boss this month.
    https://youtu.be/jqAHdSAKQtE
  • Nice, I found colossus to be quite useful
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    AA shut her down reasonably well once she had some neurotoxins on her.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★

It is hard for sure.

I focus on a few things: get Phoe to gain furies so she can take damage; watch the falter icon so I can avoid getting hit or doing damage to the defender during that short window; throw specials only after stunning her, because she cannot dash back before you throw it.

Prof X worked OK, as did Diablo. But I took a few KOs in the various runs on that path. I had one solo with Diablo.

But I found the paths pretty fun, and the other bosses were no problem, so overall I like the quest.

Pretty much what was said in first paragraph. It does take some time due to waiting her get her 3 buffs and, in some cases like mine, she regenerates 100% health, lmao.

But doable. Just don't rush and keep eye on falter meter. I personally used Apocalypse.
  • MachenesoMacheneso Posts: 30
    Quick Update
    apparently Dr.Voodo is good too since he applies Loa and they count as buffs (?).
    By the way the node is also translated in a way that literally say “unless the Attacker has 3 buffs” in Italian for example, don’t know if same for other languages.

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    1 Her charges
    2 power gain
    3 regen.
    When you know how these proc and what they do for here abilities, it isn't hard. Soloed every single time with different champs. HB rocked her in 45 hits.
    Only long fight was from cable. He didn't perform very well, but it was manageable. Sub 150 hit fight.

Whatever happens don't push her to sp2 or get hit from her heavy attack. When she gets her charges, that's where things may go wrong.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    I actually appreciated the moderate challenge. The mutant quest is usually the easiest because you can use so many already overpowered characters.
    dot_ditto said:

Jaded said:

would love to see a video clip of you doing it .. ;)
    Because I had one lane left against her.
    Easy.
    https://youtu.be/sFquLVv6TZM
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

He’s not a good option because if she falters you. All damage being dealt will be dealt back to you and you die near instantly.
  • MatthewmercuryMatthewmercury Posts: 68
    Agree that voodoo was the easiest one to take her down. Place the loas then just get her in corner where she can't dash back. I switched to odd combos on specials once in a while to avoid converting all loas, if I did specials at all
    Beewee said:

Jaded said:

He’s not a good option because if she falters you. All damage being dealt will be dealt back to you and you die near instantly.
    Actually she doesn’t, I already posted a video.
  • Beewee said:

Jaded said:

You can avoid the falters and if you get faltered, don't hit her
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 530 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Beewee said:

Jaded said:

Actually she doesn’t, I already posted a video.
    That’s because she didnt dash back. Thats how the falter works