**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Prepare to Enter the Battlegrounds! Open Beta March 14-21

Salutations Summoners!

A new challenge has arisen for those who are Uncollected or higher!

Battlegrounds is a game mode that tests your skills, your Champion roster, and all the game knowledge that has brought you this far into The Contest! In this game mode, you will be challenging another Summoner in head-to-head combat as you select Defenders to defeat them, and they do the same for you.

The first of two betas for Battlegrounds (with the second arriving for a full month in April) will be taking place between March 14th, 10am PST to March 21st, 10am PST.

But first, here’s a walkthrough of the Battlegrounds experience so Summoners know what to expect when hopping into this latest game mode. Read all about it on our Blog!

Keep in mind that this is the first time that Battlegrounds will be open to all Summoners. This test will not be indicative of the Rewards structure of the final mode, and there may be issues present. We will be collecting Data and Feedback during this period to help us improve upon the mode as we move forward.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Awesome.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I know there won't be a "Challenge your friends mode" in this beta, but is it a possibility for the next Beta? Or is this only a concept for the full launch as and when it is released? My alliance leader @CaptBT828 keeps on trash talking me, I'm hoping a 2-0 win will quiet him for a little while ;)

Either way I'm really looking forward to checking this out!

I think that we're gonna have to wait for the full launch for the friendly mode.
    Thanks for the info Miike, still exciting stuff! That's the feature I'm most looking forward to
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    What about the champions??? Not everyone has them maxed out, so are we gonna see fully maxed out roster instead???
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    So someone wants to play this mode. He uses a full energy refill, than plays 5 matches and loses 3 of them. In the end he not only loses his ratings but also a full energy refill.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

What about the champions??? Not everyone has them maxed out, so are we gonna see fully maxed out roster instead???

This will be on the live server from the looks of it (No reason to make mastery changes free if not). The roster you'll have is the roster you have now.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    I was never interested in this mode until I saw Brian Grant play it. I’m really looking forward to it, but not at 15 energy. If it’s going to take that much energy to play, you can honestly keep the game mode.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Just as with alliance war, not everyone has fully maxed out rosters, but you aren't going to be competing against players with fully maxed out rosters. You're going to mainly be competing against players of comparable rosters and skill levels via ratings match making.
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    DNA3000 said:

Just as with alliance war, not everyone has fully maxed out rosters, but you aren't going to be competing against players with fully maxed out rosters. You're going to mainly be competing against players of comparable rosters and skill levels via ratings match making.
    I definitely want battlegrounds to be a place for endgame players to use their expansive rosters of R3s and R4s, but I think it could also be interesting to have a *much* lower reward tier that only allows lower champs (I'm thinking 3*s since the arena update kinda made them irrelevant). It'd be easier for players to build out a roster and work on the strategy side of the game, but also not take away from the main battleground being the place that attracts beyond-endgame players
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Are there are any beta restrictions? Like, will it be open to everyone UC above, or random?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Hey everybody!

Regarding Energy: The cost of energy to enter matchmaking is still under consideration, and this Beta is going to help us collect Data. Additionally, our plan is to put Energy Refills in Battlegrounds Solo Objectives during this week to subsidize the use of Energy during the Beta, and help you get more rounds in.

Sounds awesome, my suggestion- admittedly without playing it yet - is that if you cap the entries rather than make an entry cost it’ll be easier to build a balanced reward structure.
    If you know that the best player in the world who wins every single match is limited at say 100 matches/week then you can say ok, this is worth a 6* nexus and 50 sig stones but if you make a 6* nexus and 50 sig stones worth 100 wins but there’s unlimited entries just a cost then you could conceivably have people treating this like the 6* featured and just refreshing all day.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

Hey everybody!

Regarding Energy: The cost of energy to enter matchmaking is still under consideration, and this Beta is going to help us collect Data. Additionally, our plan is to put Energy Refills in Battlegrounds Solo Objectives during this week to subsidize the use of Energy during the Beta, and help you get more rounds in.

Sounds awesome, my suggestion- admittedly without playing it yet - is that if you cap the entries rather than make an entry cost it’ll be easier to build a balanced reward structure.
    If you know that the best player in the world who wins every single match is limited at say 100 matches/week then you can say ok, this is worth a 6* nexus and 50 sig stones but if you make a 6* nexus and 50 sig stones worth 100 wins but there’s unlimited entries just a cost then you could conceivably have people treating this like the 6* featured and just refreshing all day.
    But if it is like the war ratings system for AW, it doesn’t matter how much they refresh since their ratings will gravitate towards their equilibrium rating as the number of matches increase.