**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 7 Chapter 4: Kangdom Come - Out Now!

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

I don’t see the big deal. Giving a random class r4 gem seems like a much more natural progression to me than handing out a generic straightaway

The issue is most players have champs they want to r4 and now they have to rank a specific class. I don't have any r4 cosmic options so pulling a cosmic gem means r4 angela or nobody. I'd rather have the choice to take up the champ I want after doing the complete exploration of this content. Still super happy with the rewards and I'm glad they stayed similar to the leaks. And I get why kabam went with a gem but it's slightly more annoying than upsetting
    Have you already 100% explored the rest of Act 7? Do you regularly explore EQ and side quests? Have you completed any or all of the Carina’s Challenges? Have you explored Abyss?

There are so many ways to acquire champions in this game, and some of them even allow you to tailor your choice to a specific class. When I explored Abyss, I chose the tech nexus crystal because it was my weakest class. I didn’t get my first choice champion at the time, Guardian, but I did pull Guilly2099 and if I remember correctly she was my first tech r3.

If you haven’t completed the prerequisite content to be eligible for these rewards (Act 7 exploration), then it’s far too early to be concerned about how the rewards might exclude you in some way.

Also! There are enough r4 materials in game right now for FTP players to have an r4 6* champion. This does not have to be ANYBODY’s first r4, but it is (probably) the most easily accessible. If you don’t like the class gem you got and want to sit on it for a while until you get a champ you do want to rank up, you can do Carina’s Challenges to get the materials to rank anybody you want.

tl;dr - if you want specific rewards, do content that gives those rewards. What a concept.
    I have 100% all previous act 7 content within 2 weeks of them releasing and 100% explore cavalier monthly and alternate between months with uncollected. I am currently finishing exploration of act 6 before I go into the abyss exploration and run out of questing content to do. I personally have opinions against the cosmic class so regardless of who I have (even herc) I wouldn't want the gem to r4 a cosmic champ which is why I have the opinion that the r4 should be generic. I understand carina's challenges allow for FTP players to r4 a champ but I am yet to see any FTP players complete the entire list of challenges and being a FTP myself I can see why not. We don't have our unit man fuelled with $$$. With the current state of the game, I think it is reasonable to ask for a generic r4. Looking into war and battlegrounds which I currently rank in the top 100 and have remained top 200 since the fix would know a thing or two about the champion meta and how a r4 can be account changing. You're one to talk about the r4's when you've been given the choice of who you ranked up which comes down to your excessive expenditure in the game. Not to mention your alliance in all of it's glory and prestige is still stuck in gold 2 so I'd reconsider who I give advice to when you've obviously got some work to do yourself in competitive modes. Maybe, just maybe the community is allowed to have opinions on a subject and they're allowed to voice those opinions. Maybe before assuming someone hasn't reached a certain point in the game you should find their name in-game and then make statements accordingly to the information you collect.

tl;dr - The community can have an opinion on a subject and holds the right to voice the opinion. Don't make assumptions on players you clearly don't know very well. If you want to give advice, be good enough to actually back the point you support. "What a concept" ;)
    Woof, man. @RicoShay I wasn’t making any assumptions on your account. I was genuinely asking. If you look at my post history on here, you’ll see that I generally try to help and direct people towards solutions to the problems they run into. We are in a public forum and you were not the only person voicing a similar opinion, so I just used your quote to start my thought because you spelled out the position the most thoroughly. Honestly, I thought you were being well-spoken on the matter, I just had a different conclusion.

I’ll admit that the “what a concept” bit at the end wasn’t super productive, but I’d seen so many people act like this was obviously deeply flawed and some cruel trick by Kabam, rather than a reasonable development choice, that I wanted to speak to it.

I’m not going to get into a personal verbal sparring match with you here, but since you clearly took time to (incorrectly) research me in game, you’re welcome to keep yelling at me in a direct message.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

mcyeezuz said:

mcyeezuz said:

It's incredible how you can get an R4 from this content and y'all complaining about RNG. If you don't have several options for an R4 but the time you've 100% act 7, you've done something wrong.

Unpopular opinion 😂😂
    Of course it's unpopular. Everyone with underdeveloped rosters wants generics.
    I’d have to say with your r4 silver centurion, you don’t want a generic within the rewards because it’ll invalidate all the money spent to r4 your current champ. I’ve got a pretty developed 6* roster and champs in every class to r4 if I wanted. I just think that a generic r4 gem is more appropriate than a crystal because I’m taking my time to complete content. If I were to spend money, heck I frankly wouldn’t care if it was a generic or crystal, im bypassing the work that it takes to complete content for a r4.
    Also, I took my SC to R4 despite all the other options in my roster. I took him to R4 over Apoc, Doom, Ghost, Corvus and even Hercules. Having all the resources to R4 a champ is the same as having a generic. I chose S.C because to me, he's awesome and I enjoy playing him over the other standard God Tiers.
    How does this even contribute to your argument, you are discussing your roster which means nothing to others.
    It's in response to someone saying that a generic 3-4 gem would devalue my selection of Silver Centurion as my first R4. They are saying I want a gem over a generic because of that.

But to your point, you want a generic based on your roster as well so... I guess your point goes for you too.
    No I want a generic based on the current released rewards in other parts of the game and if you want a lesser reward just for the sake of your opinion you are just weird, sorry. it’s pointless for you to argue that people want rewards based on their roster when there’s literally a such thing as a favorite champ. I have plenty of options to R4 from all classes so i dont get your argument. You are just clashing against people making a valid statement without any reasonable points. So far you haven’t stated anything relevant to others.
    Act 7 isn't anywhere near the difficulty that would warrant a generic of the rarest resource in the game. It doesn't even warrant a 3-4 crystal either. If Act 7 difficulty kept the trajectory it was originally stated, sure, I'd be all for a generic but for cakewalk content that people beat in a couple days, no, it doesn't need a generic.
  • @Kabam Miike will there be a progression title?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The simple fact remains that R4s were just introduced. The complaint at that time was they were only acquired through spending. That was 3 months ago. As many of us anticipated, that signified the gates opening up more. Now we have a way to complete content and have one, without gathering individual Resources. Having a gripe about Class vs. Generic is just frivolous in my opinion.

mcyeezuz said:

mcyeezuz said:

It's incredible how you can get an R4 from this content and y'all complaining about RNG. If you don't have several options for an R4 but the time you've 100% act 7, you've done something wrong.

Unpopular opinion 😂😂
    I’d have to say with your r4 silver centurion, you don’t want a generic within the rewards because it’ll invalidate all the money spent to r4 your current champ. I’ve got a pretty developed 6* roster and champs in every class to r4 if I wanted. I just think that a generic r4 gem is more appropriate than a crystal because I’m taking my time to complete content. If I were to spend money, heck I frankly wouldn’t care if it was a generic or crystal, im bypassing the work that it takes to complete content for a r4.
    Also, I took my SC to R4 despite all the other options in my roster. I took him to R4 over Apoc, Doom, Ghost, Corvus and even Hercules. Having all the resources to R4 a champ is the same as having a generic. I chose S.C because to me, he's awesome and I enjoy playing him over the other standard God Tiers.
    How does this even contribute to your argument, you are discussing your roster which means nothing to others.
    It's in response to someone saying that a generic 3-4 gem would devalue my selection of Silver Centurion as my first R4. They are saying I want a gem over a generic because of that.

But to your point, you want a generic based on your roster as well so... I guess your point goes for you too.
    No I want a generic based on the current released rewards in other parts of the game and if you want a lesser reward just for the sake of your opinion you are just weird, sorry. it’s pointless for you to argue that people want rewards based on their roster when there’s literally a such thing as a favorite champ. I have plenty of options to R4 from all classes so i dont get your argument. You are just clashing against people making a valid statement without any reasonable points. So far you haven’t stated anything relevant to others.
    Act 7 isn't anywhere near the difficulty that would warrant a generic of the rarest resource in the game. It doesn't even warrant a 3-4 crystal either. If Act 7 difficulty kept the trajectory it was originally stated, sure, I'd be all for a generic but for cakewalk content that people beat in a couple days, no, it doesn't need a generic.
    Then tell me what will a generic 3-4 do to hurt your account or anyone else’s? If your answer is nothing or some irrelevant excuse then your point is invalid. Who are you to even state what’s considered hard enough to warrant a reward? I bought an odin a while back for 100 bucks and all it took was the swipe of a card for 3k and units, it sure wasn't hard compared to those that spent hours in arena farming to get the same amount, you are making no sense dude.
    You mean flooding the game with R4 God Tiers? That certainly has an effect on the game.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

The 1x 6-Star Rank-Up Gem 3 -> 4 Crystal is a joke
    Change it for the generic we deserve it for all BUGS you haven't fixit

Rewards are earned, not defaulted. A 3-4 Gem is insanely valuable at any Class.
    If prestige matters, huge RIP to anyone who pulls science or skill. Science has few options and skill is Thor Rags, the worst rank up in the game. Human Torch, Moleman, and Nick Fury are not options for people playing the prestige game.
    You know that Thor Rags is actually pretty good now… right?
  • RicoShay said:

Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

I don’t see the big deal. Giving a random class r4 gem seems like a much more natural progression to me than handing out a generic straightaway

The issue is most players have champs they want to r4 and now they have to rank a specific class. I don't have any r4 cosmic options so pulling a cosmic gem means r4 angela or nobody. I'd rather have the choice to take up the champ I want after doing the complete exploration of this content. Still super happy with the rewards and I'm glad they stayed similar to the leaks. And I get why kabam went with a gem but it's slightly more annoying than upsetting
    Have you already 100% explored the rest of Act 7? Do you regularly explore EQ and side quests? Have you completed any or all of the Carina’s Challenges? Have you explored Abyss?

There are so many ways to acquire champions in this game, and some of them even allow you to tailor your choice to a specific class. When I explored Abyss, I chose the tech nexus crystal because it was my weakest class. I didn’t get my first choice champion at the time, Guardian, but I did pull Guilly2099 and if I remember correctly she was my first tech r3.

If you haven’t completed the prerequisite content to be eligible for these rewards (Act 7 exploration), then it’s far too early to be concerned about how the rewards might exclude you in some way.

Also! There are enough r4 materials in game right now for FTP players to have an r4 6* champion. This does not have to be ANYBODY’s first r4, but it is (probably) the most easily accessible. If you don’t like the class gem you got and want to sit on it for a while until you get a champ you do want to rank up, you can do Carina’s Challenges to get the materials to rank anybody you want.

tl;dr - if you want specific rewards, do content that gives those rewards. What a concept.
    I have 100% all previous act 7 content within 2 weeks of them releasing and 100% explore cavalier monthly and alternate between months with uncollected. I am currently finishing exploration of act 6 before I go into the abyss exploration and run out of questing content to do. I personally have opinions against the cosmic class so regardless of who I have (even herc) I wouldn't want the gem to r4 a cosmic champ which is why I have the opinion that the r4 should be generic. I understand carina's challenges allow for FTP players to r4 a champ but I am yet to see any FTP players complete the entire list of challenges and being a FTP myself I can see why not. We don't have our unit man fuelled with $$$. With the current state of the game, I think it is reasonable to ask for a generic r4. Looking into war and battlegrounds which I currently rank in the top 100 and have remained top 200 since the fix would know a thing or two about the champion meta and how a r4 can be account changing. You're one to talk about the r4's when you've been given the choice of who you ranked up which comes down to your excessive expenditure in the game. Not to mention your alliance in all of it's glory and prestige is still stuck in gold 2 so I'd reconsider who I give advice to when you've obviously got some work to do yourself in competitive modes. Maybe, just maybe the community is allowed to have opinions on a subject and they're allowed to voice those opinions. Maybe before assuming someone hasn't reached a certain point in the game you should find their name in-game and then make statements accordingly to the information you collect.

tl;dr - The community can have an opinion on a subject and holds the right to voice the opinion. Don't make assumptions on players you clearly don't know very well. If you want to give advice, be good enough to actually back the point you support. "What a concept" ;)
    While I'm ambivalent to your arguments about a generic gem (have no opinions), the part about carina's challenges is pretty incorrect.
    My main account has 100ed the previous challenges without units, and im currently getting ready for act7 100% then go ahead and finish the new sets.
    You can say, hey, "im not good enough for Carina challenges", or "i'm too lazy to do the challenges", both these excuses would be true for you.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★

mcyeezuz said:

mcyeezuz said:

Unpopular opinion 😂😂

Then tell me what will a generic 3-4 do to hurt your account or anyone else’s? If your answer is nothing or some irrelevant excuse then your point is invalid. Who are you to even state what’s considered hard enough to warrant a reward? I bought an odin a while back for 100 bucks and all it took was the swipe of a card for 3k and units, it sure wasn't hard compared to those that spent hours in arena farming to get the same amount, you are making no sense dude.
    You mean flooding the game with R4 God Tiers? That certainly has an effect on the game.
    Oh really?? LOL what class doesn’t have multiple god tier champs in it, I’m dying to know 😂. This statement should be reserved for gifting since u can actually force the drops to rank any champ eventually but that would be contradicting you argument now wouldnt it.
  • ItsDamien said:

thepiggy said:

If prestige matters, huge RIP to anyone who pulls science or skill. Science has few options and skill is Thor Rags, the worst rank up in the game. Human Torch, Moleman, and Nick Fury are not options for people playing the prestige game.
    Ehhh, as an owner of a max sig r3 thor..... i wouldnt r4 him first, haha.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

thepiggy said:

Ehhh, as an owner of a max sig r3 thor..... i wouldnt r4 him first, haha.
    Oh for sure. Given the choice I wouldn’t either, but he’s not the worst rank up like the person said.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    These rewards are so good. Juiced!!!
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

RicoShay said:

Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

While I'm ambivalent to your arguments about a generic gem (have no opinions), the part about carina's challenges is pretty incorrect.
    My main account has 100ed the previous challenges without units, and im currently getting ready for act7 100% then go ahead and finish the new sets.
    You can say, hey, "im not good enough for Carina challenges", or "i'm too lazy to do the challenges", both these excuses would be true for you.
    I’ve done 7/9 Carina challenges without spending a single unit on revives. All farmed.

Saying you need money to do carina challenges does make me chuckle a little.
    Yup, I’ve definitely spent on this game but I can’t remember the last time I purchased units for consumables like potions or revives. It’s permanent content, so there’s always time to farm more before going in.

mcyeezuz said:

mcyeezuz said:

Unpopular opinion 😂😂

Oh really?? LOL what class doesn’t have multiple god tier champs in it, I’m dying to know 😂. This statement should be reserved for gifting since u can actually force the drops to rank any champ eventually but that would be contradicting you argument now wouldnt it.
    RNG paces the advancement and progress of the game. Having a system that doles out Rewards based on RNG allows the rest of the game to acclimatize to the introduction better than an influx of Generics which are undoubtedly going to be used on the same Champs. RNG is more than just a system that keeps people from what they want.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

mcyeezuz said:

mcyeezuz said:

Unpopular opinion 😂😂

It doesn't do anything to hurt mine or anyone elses but that's not the point. Rewards should match the difficulty of the content they come from.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

RicoShay said:

Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

I’ve done 7/9 Carina challenges without spending a single unit on revives. All farmed.

Saying you need money to do carina challenges does make me chuckle a little.
    Psst. Wheres the farm.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★
    What the hell you're right... at least give us some extra shards, t5b or t4cc in my opinion @Wilks
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    edited March 2022
    7.4 does have slightly better rewards than 7.3 once you factor in the path rewards. I'd have loved a bump to the T3A/T6B counts, of course.

Looks like the improvement is 6 T5B, 9 T2A, 6000 6* shards, and 600K gold across the exploration.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 216 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

Woof, man. @RicoShay I wasn’t making any assumptions on your account. I was genuinely asking. If you look at my post history on here, you’ll see that I generally try to help and direct people towards solutions to the problems they run into. We are in a public forum and you were not the only person voicing a similar opinion, so I just used your quote to start my thought because you spelled out the position the most thoroughly. Honestly, I thought you were being well-spoken on the matter, I just had a different conclusion.

I’ll admit that the “what a concept” bit at the end wasn’t super productive, but I’d seen so many people act like this was obviously deeply flawed and some cruel trick by Kabam, rather than a reasonable development choice, that I wanted to speak to it.

I’m not going to get into a personal verbal sparring match with you here, but since you clearly took time to (incorrectly) research me in game, you’re welcome to keep yelling at me in a direct message.
    Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Wicket329 said:

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

It’s hard to pick out tone @Wicket329 through a message but I meant no harm. I don’t want to come across as an angry or dominant person. I reflexed poorly and that’s on me. More or less I shouldn’t be taking my anger out on random people on the internet. No hard feelings man. I’ll take responsibility for my words
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 216 ★★

RicoShay said:

Malreck04 said:

Angela is amazing. A very worthy r4. Complaining about r4 Angela is like the lady with a Virginia ham under one arm complaining because she has no bread
    Angela is amazing and that’s why I have her at r3 but I don’t see substantial reasons she would outclass another champ at r4. She works as a r3 whereas void or kingpin greatly benefit from the extra rank up. More or less I can think of better options especially because I want to be competitive in battlegrounds when it releases officially
  • VedisukeVedisuke Posts: 166 ★★
    Wilks said:

This has to be a mistake. How could the completion and exploration rewards be exactly the same for 7.3 and 7.4? Maybe an update was missed?

@Kabam Miike
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Xva23 said:

Seems fun, the rewards aren't as good as the leaks said, but still really good. Love the fact that you get a gem, even if it's a crystal, one question, is the 6 star nexus selector a 10 choice or 3 choice?

I guess will be 3 options. That with 10 option it's only for abyss.