**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So far, who are your "Instant Bans

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
By instant bans, I mean if you see these champs on your other team's deck, you ban them without question immediately. Who are your most common or instant bans so far. What are your strategies for banning? So far, I've been focusing on the tough defenders that I don't have in my deck (Korg, Terrax, Mojo, Maw, etc.). Since bans affect both people, I never have and probably never will ban someone who is also in my deck. I'd rather ban someone who's just in my opponent's deck rather than someone who I might have.

So, who have you guys been banning the most? I'm interested to see if more people have been banning tough defenders like Dormammu and Mojo or if they're banning great attackers like Torch, Ghost, Kitty, Quake, etc.

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Domino
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Domino, Magik, and Peni because I don’t want to take the damage, plus I don’t have them
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    Random, I’ve only played twice
  • Korg, Thing, peni. However, it seems like everyone is always banning my knull!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Human Torch, Doom Thing/Kitty
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Torch Terrax and Herc.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Only played twice, and I’ve banned Mangog, Peni, Dormammu, Domino, Torch, and Magneto. Don’t want to deal with the chunky champs. Mags I banned for fun
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    THING

Stop queuing up with him!!!
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Nick fury because one time he died and then fully healed up and then I promptly died so I did absolutely nothing

Sometimes Dr doom cause I don’t have him so they don’t get to use him either
  • Cap45Cap45 Posts: 419 ★★
    Ban ibom, he can be annoying on masachosim, cause he keeps putting debuffs on himself. I’m a proud r3 owner and he’s helped me get victories
  • ExergisExergis Posts: 29
    Haven't been able to use my Peni yet :(
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian
    Domino if shes duped. But mainly terrax and warlock.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Void, Domino and Kitty (sometimes HT and NF too)
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    They always ban my penny Parker😞
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Apoc, nick fury, ghost, torch, doom, archangel
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 450 ★★★
    Mostly tough defenders I don’t have - thing, korg. Though the few times I’ve seen quake I banned. Assumed the other person was skilled enough to use her
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Peni, Thing & Weapon X are causing a lot of trouble in the upper mid tiers (1600-1700 ranks)
    Good thing many people don't have Maws ranked up so I haven't yet had to ban him
    My R3 Maw has got a kill every time except against Torch or AA
    Battlegrounds will surely shift the meta & make people rank up a lot of those champs that we don't usually look at
    Currently Maw, Mojo, Bishop, Peni, Fury, Doom, Torch, Ibom, Manthing, Sasquatch & Warlock seem to be necessary parts of every deck just to trouble the opponent's bans & selection process
    The ones with a Weapon X will also have an advantage
    5* KM is not that great but high rank 6* KM is troubling people.....same with Mysterio
    I reckon Terrax, Havoc & Sauron cn also be beneficial in upcoming days
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Mostly tough defenders I don’t have - thing, korg. Though the few times I’ve seen quake I banned. Assumed the other person was skilled enough to use her

Quake is slow & not that great against masochism....u don't need to ban her in current meta
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Pretty much any champ that can cause (almost) unavoidable damage.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Domino kitty and thing emma.. If they don't have those i go for attacker bans like herc cgr hm doom ghost
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 358 ★★★
    Generally my Maw, Kitty and Herc get banned.
    I ban Torch as I have a number of mystics. I also am gonna start banning Knull
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    I have a weird deck so who they ban of mine is always random.

As for my instant bans, Apoc, Bishop and Thing. WPX / Peni occasionally.
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 132
    edited March 2022
    People haven't really ranked him up yet, but if we start seeing people with Electros that'd be an instant ban for me.
    Terrax, Peni and Spidey2099 are my instants, spidey just so they don't have a free Mojo counter and have to actually play around him.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Korg, Kitty, Aarkus, for now. Got majorly screwed by an Aarkus once, even with coldsnap immunity. And they always ban my Doom. My list of counters isn't long enough, especially with maso