**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Reward a perfect fight, reward proficiency, reward being a bad*ss

Rewarding fighting proficiency seems non-existent. Yes, you get AW gold now if you kill more nodes, but that's about all I can think of. Everyone who isn't awful at this game can move forward & progress, which is a good thing, but the **** player getting the same reward as the guy can go an entire AW without being KO'd, getting hit, blocking, losing health, etc. is not equitable. I know not getting hit has its own rewards, but I think there is an opportunity here.

There are many players who can grind for 1.1M points & not get hit. I'd imagine, many of those players could go days & not get hit, only losing health to blocked attacks. I am not that good but I do find myself tricking up my fight technique (only using heavies, only using specials, etc) just to stay interested.

So, it'd be nice to increase or create new rewards for things like taking no damage, pitching a no-hitter, evading war machine's first special attack, etc. etc.

It would essentially be an extension of Vanquishing Blow, where things like finishing with incinerate increases awards. Example, if you complete an AQ run of at least 5 cleared nodes without getting hit, you get alpha cat shards. Win a war without using a revive or potion in your alliance & get a t4 cat. Something! I would assume Kabam has an issue with losing top flight players due to boredom. Boredom is setting in for this guy, so you guys have to think of something.

I know this would possibly cannibalize other potential moneymakers for kabam, like those folks who normally use potions in War would try not to use them, etc. but it's still something to consider. Thanks!

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    While I agree with the premise, I think there needs to be scaleable rewards based on the level of the opponent relative to the player. This is to prevent big players from farming rewards from areas they are way over-skilled to play. Should you receive a prize for a "perfect fight" if it's over with one combo?

Imagine a Summoner level 60 with a R5 team going through Act 1. However, if that same player took a team of 1* champs through Act 1, then the prizes would be ramped up.

Maybe tie the prize to the amount of hits needed to finish the fight? Anything under 30 hits would have to be minimal, something like 100 gold. Those fights are against equally-matched champs (attack & health) and you're barely getting to an SP3. This accounts for 90% of the fights you'll face between the daily events, basic & normal monthly events, and arenas.

The "perfect fight" rewards should be tied to the fights where you genuinely need some legit skill to get decent hit streaks.
  • HMLewisHMLewis Posts: 46
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    While I agree with the premise, I think there needs to be scaleable rewards

Of course. Thanks for clarifying!

• K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Some alright ideas in theory there.

However, Kabam can't fix bugs that have been around for a year. I do not think anyone should try to give them ideas about things to implement which they would surely screw up, and break the game more with.

We need to get them to get the game working before suggesting more content...Case in point: The valor missions STILL aren't working properly for my alliance. STILL. We received compensation at the beginning for it, but STILL it screws up.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I like the reward you get for going 3 minutes on a miniboss or boss on Day 5 of AQ.
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Some alright ideas in theory there.

However, Kabam can't fix bugs that have been around for a year. I do not think anyone should try to give them ideas about things to implement which they would surely screw up, and break the game more with.

We need to get them to get the game working before suggesting more content...Case in point: The valor missions STILL aren't working properly for my alliance. STILL. We received compensation at the beginning for it, but STILL it screws up.

Hopefully they can chew gum and walk at the same time!

I searched and didn't find yours. Good to hear! They also need to do something for the folks who have logged on for almost three years straight.