**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Superior Kang was fun.

firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
Once I got his patterns down, it gave me similar vibes to the Grandmaster.
These type of boss fights in MCOC is what I love.
All skill, no Collector or Power Stone Champion shenanigans.
Not gonna lie, when I watched the news video that vaguely talked about him and heard "can regen his health fully" I got fearful and thought he was gonna be like that Kang fight from one of the variants except a thousand times worse.
I'm glad to be wrong and really hope this skill based boss fight layout continues going into Act 8.
Now to prep for my next big challenge... the arena grind for Scorpion.

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Oh I can't wait till I can fight him. in 7.4.4 now.
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    He is super fun once you learn the fight. Look forward to fighting him again
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I went through the first two phases without bothering to comprehend the icons for banned attacks 😂 after I understood what was going on, that was a very fun fight with the right amount of challenge.
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 195
    edited March 2022
    I need help fighting him, any got video on how to beat him
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Lpoo said:

I went through the first two phases without bothering to comprehend the icons for banned attacks 😂 after I understood what was going on, that was a very fun fight with the right amount of challenge.

Hey don't feel bad.
    Took me the fourth phase to figure that part out.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

I’m excited to fight him. Also, 6.2 champion is a skill fight

you really need a counter of some sort for that fight
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

I’m excited to fight him. Also, 6.2 champion is a skill fight

Not really.
    When I say "skill fight" I'm referring to fights you can do without having specific counters.
    6.2 champion requires a nullify champ for 90% of it and a high block profiency champ for 10% of it.
    Grandmaster you could do with anyone if you play well.
    I'd argue the same for Superior Kang.
    You can't do the 6.2 champion with anyone without spending tons of units on revives.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    He's also have cutscene when he almost K.O too, like Prof x intro, we need more champ/boss have extra cutscene.
  • HunkyRangerHunkyRanger Posts: 78
    Do me a favor rank these fights according to skill needed Grandmaster, Gwenmaster and superior Kang
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 554 ★★★
    Who is the best counter? Sp2099, Knull? Torch?
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I think the main reason it was enjoyable was because you could still fit it into your own play style. I'm not of a fan of the shout-out prompts where you must do a specific thing - here you could put in a bit of your own flavour and do the counters how and when you wanted them.
  • 30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    It’s all about practice, once you had the rhythm/pattern; it’ll be a piece of cake. I try torch, wolvie & CGR mostly
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Once I got his patterns down, it gave me similar vibes to the Grandmaster.
    These type of boss fights in MCOC is what I love.
    All skill, no Collector or Power Stone Champion shenanigans.
    Not gonna lie, when I watched the news video that vaguely talked about him and heard "can regen his health fully" I got fearful and thought he was gonna be like that Kang fight from one of the variants except a thousand times worse.
    I'm glad to be wrong and really hope this skill based boss fight layout continues going into Act 8.
    Now to prep for my next big challenge... the arena grind for Scorpion.

I've heard Black Cat is gonna be a great champ
    Apparently the CCP members like her a lot
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I had a great time with Superior Kang as well. I much prefer that fight over the grandmaster. Excellent design for sure.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

Lol I did the same
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I stunk it up initially, but the fight design was enjoyable. It’s always nice to have fights where you can retain progress even if you screw up—it can get demoralizing to play well but lose ground. With UK, it was rewarding to be able to time things, then adjust for speed changes. Fun to focus on the fight mechanics and get into a rhythm with the rotations.

Dr. Zola
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    The best boss fight in the game had alot of fun.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I think he was better than 7.3 Kang, but I liked the masters more. Maybe it's just been too long since I've done those or something.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Kang...once I figured him out, and keeping charges, was way better than the GM fight. It was the right difficulty for someone like myself.