**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suggestion for the Arabic language [MERGED]

CaitlynJenner1234CaitlynJenner1234 Posts: 8
edited March 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Is it possible to leave the nodes translated in Arabic and the potential of heroes ??Can you look into that??In this way, we can reach a solution that satisfies the parties. There is a large amount already translated
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Is it possible to leave the nodes translated in Arabic and the potential of heroes ??Can you look into that??In this way, we can reach a solution that satisfies the parties. There is a large amount already translated

In my experience, this is not something you can easily do. If they kept the localization option but stopped translating, you wouldn't necessarily have the old stuff in Arabic and the new stuff in English (say). You'd more likely have the old stuff in Arabic and the new stuff completely empty (or rather, you'd have hanging pointers that get displayed ID_SOMETHING_SOMETHING). That would perhaps be worse than no translation at all, because you wouldn't even be able to see the descriptions for the new stuff in any language.
  • DNA3000 said:

In my experience, this is not something you can easily do. If they kept the localization option but stopped translating, you wouldn't necessarily have the old stuff in Arabic and the new stuff in English (say). You'd more likely have the old stuff in Arabic and the new stuff completely empty (or rather, you'd have hanging pointers that get displayed ID_SOMETHING_SOMETHING). That would perhaps be worse than no translation at all, because you wouldn't even be able to see the descriptions for the new stuff in any language.
    Well, I guess they could just copy-n-paste the same English wording into the text used for Arabic for anything newer going forward. But that would be a real mess (even though not the empty text or ID_ resource names as you suggest).
    Would also play havoc with having to read the English worded sentences backwards, right to left, as that is how Arabic would display sentences still, no matter the characters/words used. And not to mention whether the English alphabet characters would even be displayable.

As to the whole Right-to-Left aspect, wasn’t there a whole bunch of other stuff in the game that was also visually backwards from rest of users. Like bottom-left CHAT button and bottom-right EVENTS button were reversed with each other when using Arabic setting, and in general the ordering of most of the graphic layout was maybe reversed as well ??? (Think I recall someone mentioning stuff like that).
    And that would potentially cause additional issues going forward as they layout more new visuals/graphics into the game.
    So, issue may not just be the text translations.
  • And for others first coming to this thread, below is link to OP's original (closed) thread asking about this, which has Kabam Miike's explanation at the end…

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/299823/why-the-end-of-the-arabic-language#latest
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Well, I guess they could just copy-n-paste the same English wording into the text used for Arabic for anything newer going forward. But that would be a real mess (even though not the empty text or ID_ resource names as you suggest).
    Depending on how the localization was implemented, that's not always an option. And you can run into real problems when you inject foreign text into something that expects to render something completely different. There was a bug in iOS a while back that had incomplete rendering rules for a language (it might have actually been Arabic) that would cause a certain string of characters to crash the phone. Not exactly the same situation, but when you're using someone else's libraries to render internationalized text, you probably don't want to do weird things the programmer didn't anticipate.
  • IPvFuryIPvFury Posts: 46
    edited March 2022
    Dear Kabam
    Today I will speak on behalf of myself and all Marvel fans who speak Arabic, clarifying some important points
    There are many Arab players who love Marvel and support the game, but there is a problem that those who speak Arabic cannot speak other than a language and only 5% maybe less of those who can understand English and even those who can speak it like me find it difficult to understand some things related to the game
    This may be due to matters related to geography, politics and religion, and that we as Arab countries, have no support for learning foreign languages, and perhaps some closure in supporting foreign languages a lot of things here doesn't supported due to politics
    and now we feel insecure that we are threatened with losing a game we love , support without reason. and its not only a kabbam or a game thing its also a way to support and express our love to marvel entertainment
    In all Arab communication groups, everyone is upset , a lot saying they maybe drop the game and I expect many will leave the game with time because it is difficult to understand
    Let me ask why you stop supporting the Arabic language, which is one of the largest languages ​​in the world, and do not stop, for example, the Turkish, Indonesian, Russian and others, which are spoken by one country. Of course, I do not mean to offend anyone and you stop supporting a language spoken by more than 25 countries
    Don't you find this unfair to us as your fans ?
    I can also say on YouTube, for example, that Marvel supports all its products and channels with Arabic versions!
    I hope that the Marvel community and youtubers will support us and help us to deliver our voice and opinions
    And I hope Marvel and Kabam officials reconsider this matter and provide a logical explanation for this decision
    thank you anyway
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The reasoning by kabam is that not enough Arab players exist in mcoc to justify the support.
  • ttt2398ttt2398 Posts: 3
    Dear Kabam Today I will speak on behalf of myself and all Marvel fans who speak Arabic, clarifying some important points There are many Arab players who love Marvel and support the game, but there is a problem that those who speak Arabic cannot speak other than a language and only 5% maybe less of those who can understand English and even those who can speak it like me find it difficult to understand some things related to the game This may be due to matters related to geography, politics and religion, and that we as Arab countries, have no support for learning foreign languages, and perhaps some closure in supporting foreign languages a lot of things here doesn't supported due to politics and now we feel insecure that we are threatened with losing a game we love , support without reason. and not only a kabbam or a game thing its also a way to support and express our love to marvel entertainment In all Arab communication groups, everyone is upset, a lot saying they maybe drop the game and I expect many will leave the game with time because it is difficult to understand Let me ask why you stop supporting the Arabic language, which is one of the largest languages in the world, and do not stop, for example, the Turkish, Indonesian, Russian and others, which are spoken by one country. Of course, I do not mean to offend anyone and you stop supporting a language spoken by more than 25 countries Don't you find this unfair to us as your fans ? I can also say on YouTube, for example, that Marvel supports all its products and channels with Arabic versions! I hope that the Marvel community and youtubers will support us and help us to deliver our voice and opinions And I hope Marvel and Kabam officials reconsider this matter and provide a logical explanation for this decision
  • I have merged the two topics from @CaitlynJenner1234 and @IPvFury - to keep discussion focused in one place.
  • IPvFuryIPvFury Posts: 46

I have merged the two topics from @CaitlynJenner1234 and @IPvFury - to keep discussion focused in one place.

i dont know why , my topic has more point and things that I need to deliver to let people know the situation for asking the support of the community as a possible advantage over you
    also the title is more helpful to us
  • imadimad Posts: 2
    If the Arabic language is canceled I will leave the game
  • Google is free. As for word alignment, you face a problem with the design technician, not with the language. As for the costs, you are talking about the highest revenue-generating game. Where did you hear about the shame saying this, this talk can be said for a small store, it seems that all excuses have a convincing answer, Also, we do not play for free. There are many Arabs who spend a lot on the game