**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why does Kabam not follow theories of supply and demand?

It just doesn't make sense to me how the price of some item goes up when I want to buy more of it.

i.e. If I want to buy 5 alphas from the glory store, it should be at most 1750 or less. Instead its 3750!

When you buy in bulk, your supplier gives you a discount... no?

Comments

• Answer is simple really. It's because this game is a Marvel game. Kabam knows this so they can abuse it as much as they can. You think anyone would play a game like this if it was some generic i don't know contest of fantasyland or whatever? Course not lol especially the way kabam handles things. That's why you see a lot of their games follow the product life cycle and in the end shut down.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Answer is simple really. It's because this game is a Marvel game. Kabam knows this so they can abuse it as much as they can. You think anyone would play a game like this if it was some generic i don't know contest of fantasyland or whatever? Course not lol especially the way kabam handles things. That's why you see a lot of their games follow the product life cycle and in the end shut down.

Um....what?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'd say it has to do with limitations on the flow of Resources in the game. Everything is accounted for. There are limits to the availability of Resources, and a pace that the currency for those Resources is earned.
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    I'd say it has to do with limitations on the flow of Resources in the game. Everything is accounted for. There are limits to the availability of Resources, and a pace that the currency for those Resources is earned.

I get that... unfortunately I feel Kabam is under pressure from something or someone. Whatever it is, i think it is making them try to slow down the progression of the game so they can maybe keep up? I'm not sure... just what I feel
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Coz that would make sense that’s why
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    You're looking at supply and demand like a shop with unlimited supply, yes if you buy in bulk you get a discount.

You should look at these items as more like stocks and shares in a company with a limited supply. The more you buy, the more popular the item (and also now fewer left available so slightly rarer) and therefore the price goes up.

Now I'm not saying I agree with this model just explaining that this does exist in the real world.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Grufty wrote: »
    You're looking at supply and demand like a shop with unlimited supply, yes if you buy in bulk you get a discount.

You should look at these items as more like stocks and shares in a company with a limited supply. The more you buy, the more popular the item (and also now fewer left available so slightly rarer) and therefore the price goes up.

Now I'm not saying I agree with this model just explaining that this does exist in the real world.

Uh, not really. Literally none of that is true. Stores have a very finite supply. It's why they receive product deliveries every so often. And stock prices don't increase because stocks are rare, they increase because the company is churning out profits. Companies can always split their stocks to increase the number of shares available for purchase.

There is an infinite amount of items in this game. The game will never run out of T1 Alpha cats because they aren't a tangible product that actually needs to be manufactured. Each item is nothing more than a piece of code that is regenerated over and over and over. You think we're gonna log in one day and see a sold out sign over T4B cats? Of course not.

The reason why stores offer bulk discounts is because they still turn a nice profit even at the reduced price and that clears shelf space which allows them to restock with more inventory to sell....and make more money.

The reason the price goes up with each additional purchase is because of convenience. You can either wait a couple of weeks to form 5 T1 Alpha cats or you can purchase them immediately and rank up your champ today. So you can either be patient or pay a premium. Your choice.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Consider the game saying "they want more? lets make more profit and increase the price" instead of buying in bulk. From experience, the bonus for buying in bulk is because they cant sell what they have.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Simple answer kabam wants every penny they can get their greedy little Hans on. Plain flat out simple