**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Deadpoolooza variant venompool boss tips please

Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
edited March 2022 in Strategy and Tips
He looks terrifying for me. Can anyone pls send a picture or video comparing both pre and post nerf venompool boss. Also any tips will be appreciated.
Thank you :)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    He's not that scary anymore. I think I solo'd him (or nearly did) with a 5r4 Masacre. The trick is to just stay aggressive and place as many debuffs on him as you can. They'll be instantly purified but with enough purified debuffs he'll take degeneration damage every X seconds instead of healing up. In addition to that, if you have one of the Deadpool champions, they'll heal continuously throughout the fight. That'll keep you topped up as long as you don't get hit too much.

It's hard to give any more specific advice than that without knowing precisely which champions you're thinking of bringing in.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    I used bwdo. Don’t hit him after his sp2. That is about it.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,208 ★★★★★
    Use Whags preflight with a debuff heavy counter
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    My team @Ercarret . Tips according to them?

6 star r1 WS
    5 star r4 KM
    5 star r4 domino and the trinity remaining
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Are you using Killmonger for his synergy with Winter Soldier? Because KM is, himself, not a merc.

If you're using Domino, keep in mind that you can't actually use heavy attacks vs. Venompool. At least not without being a master at heavy-intercepting since he can't be stunned. But if you have Masacre in the trinity, I recommend using him. As long as your bat is ignited, he steadily puts a lot of debuffs on VP. I didn't throw any special attacks except for the odd SP3 to reignite my bat if it ever cooled off, so he healed constantly.

I have also heard that Domino can win the fight - I think she could even before the nerf - but she relies a lot on, well, luck. I think the tactic with her is to build up to an SP3 and throw it after you've scored A LOT of critical hits since its attack rating increases by 56 per critical hit either champion has landed during the fight (up to 100 hits/5600 extra attack rating). I also think her increased ability accuracy/the opponent's lowered ability accuracy makes it so that her bleeds can stick despite the shrug-off node on VP. You just need to time the SP3 so that you throw it when you're lucky (and possibly when the opponent is unlucky, but that's less important since the attack increase comes from you being lucky).

All of that being said, I haven't actually used her myself in that fight so I'm mostly just speculating here.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    I went into the fight with a r3 Domino, red hulk, r5 Masacre, r2 Venompool and ???

I found Masacre to be the best for me out of who I brought/had Try to ignite his bat as soon as possible, play aggressive to place those debuffs and then repeat. He's also more forgiving than Domino since he regens as a Deadpool. I didn't ever throw my specials so I could keep the Regen going.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    @Ercarret no, i cant use massacre because he is 4 star rank 1. And i won't level him up as a 4 star because i know he won't be of much use in future endgame content too
  • ScreaminghawkScreaminghawk Posts: 63
    Deadpool xforce, I did it with 4 star r3. Bleed almost every hit and being deadpool, he heals in this variant due to the node
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 222 ★★
    Sunspot works wonders