**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Science Champs - Most benefit from R4?

10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
edited March 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have the following as my contenders for my first R4 6*. Which would benefit the most from the additional rank and levels? I use all 4, and I know where they shine. What I'm struggling with is determining who will get the most bang for the buck with the rarity of these resources.

Science Champs - Most benefit from R4? 76 votes

Void (Sig 160)
30%
danielmathzuffyChovnerKennadoMalreck04FloorKillerRockypantherx_Sham_Hector_1475phil56201EtjamaFilledPizzaMaxwell24FiiNCHRenaxqqZan00casual0DarkKnight646Noise72JoshKosh557 23 votes
Immortal Abomination (Sig 60)
30%
Raganatorheruheru511SpeedbumpcausticLiquidkoldSnakepKappa2gDeaconDarkEternityDes99UvoginTheWolfFenrirAouxWouxDkcody42Rouger4rajonBigManOnCampusScaroladipoCaptain_MonticaGrassKnuckles 23 votes
Spiderman Miles Morales (Sig 87)
11%
Spity68EazyDC69RakeYoungHoitadoCeltic1981LBN1Barri8LucifireRiptide368 9 votes
Human Torch (Sig 40)
27%
BrokenJuggerNotColonaut123B_Dizzle_01Reaper2823KRANꓘTimeGenesisEwell65SSS69AMS94H3t3rBe_SomebodySkyLord7000Erik_BloodaxeRiptideFinal_Orderwillrun4adonutShad0wMightyDKevinwild424RatedSViper 21 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• ibom/Miles/HT all benefit immensely. There is no wrong answer here.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    Immortal Abomination (Sig 60)
    Now I understand that this is not a option but spidey2099 is the best option since his damage is on the lower side
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Can you give us any more info on your account? Do you run suicides? Any content you prefer (eg War, Battlegrounds, solo questing) or have to do still (specific Carina’s challenges or AOL) ?
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Sure. I have Spidey 2099 currently at R2. I also have Anti-Venom unawakened at R3; not sure if he needs the sig ability to be worth R4. As for my account, I still have Act 7 exploration ahead (haven't explored Act 6 fully either, but no rush on that). My alliance does low tier AW and AQ. hooded. I haven't done AoL yet as I don't have time for the Everest fights (so haven't done any of the Carina's challenges for AoL or LoL). I don't often run suicides, but will occasionally turn them on.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Unlike other classes like tech or skill, science actually has a champion that the majority of people can agree on of which deserves r4 the most - and thats Spidey 2099.
    @Polygon I'm curious, if I don't do high tier AW (which is where I hear the nost buzz about Spidey2099), what is it 2099 offers above Miles, for instance?
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Void (Sig 160)
    I guess if it were me, I'd pick Void, since his signature ability is at a very high and usable level. It's not easy to get 6*'s sigged up this high, and it would feel rewarding to take him up after all the work getting him there. But again, that's just me. They're all great options.
  • @Polygon I'm curious, if I don't do high tier AW (which is where I hear the nost buzz about Spidey2099), what is it 2099 offers above Miles, for instance?

Spidey > Miles, and it isn't even close imo

The best passive power control in the game -
    No buffs (immune to buffet, power snack, spite, all mystics who counter buffs, etc) -
    The easiest access to exhaustion on heavy -

Spidey & Torch create a wonderful 1-2 punch to completely counter every mystic in the game, in different ways.

Plus, his damage is nowhere near low, especially at a high sig - I still don't understand how that was ever a thing.
    edited March 2022

@Polygon I'm curious, if I don't do high tier AW (which is where I hear the nost buzz about Spidey2099), what is it 2099 offers above Miles, for instance?

No buffs (immune to buffet, power snack, spite, all mystics who counter buffs, etc) -

Spidey & Torch create a wonderful 1-2 punch to completely counter every mystic in the game, in different ways.

Plus, his damage is nowhere near low, especially at a high sig - I still don't understand how that was ever a thing.
    @Karatemike415 Sounds like Torch may be my best bet of these, and then my next science goal should be bringing up S2099, huh?

Edit: or would it be better to get S2099 up to R3 and see what my next class will be to have 2 T5cc? No need to rush the R4 if not the best move.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★

@Karatemike415 Sounds like Torch may be my best bet of these, and then my next science goal should be bringing up S2099, huh?

Edit: or would it be better to get S2099 up to R3 and see what my next class will be to have 2 T5cc? No need to rush the R4 if not the best move.
    Torch doesnt need r4, go with spidey 2099. Even if you dont do high tier war, his easy access to power control, and counter to buff nodes or champs brings him huge versatility
  • Shad0wShad0w Posts: 87
    Human Torch (Sig 40)
    I don't see why you have mile morales, he kinda trash, not saying he's the worst but sucks... I would say human torch or immortal abomination, or even someone different like captain America Infinity war, or immortal hulk, void is questionable now that theirs better science champions
    Thanks for all the input. Ended up taking Torch since I use him all the time, amd will definitely be getting Spidey 2099 up to R3 next.
  • EazyDC69EazyDC69 Posts: 33
    Spiderman Miles Morales (Sig 87)
    Miles is getting no love.. I have a sig 200 r4 6 star Miles and the difference in performance from r3 is crazy noticeable
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Human Torch (Sig 40)
    Personally I think if you are going to use Void for a fight he's going to be the best option anyway, you know what I mean? HT has so many good matchups
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Void (Sig 160)

Sure. I have Spidey 2099 currently at R2. I also have Anti-Venom unawakened at R3; not sure if he needs the sig ability to be worth R4. As for my account, I still have Act 7 exploration ahead (haven't explored Act 6 fully either, but no rush on that). My alliance does low tier AW and AQ. hooded. I haven't done AoL yet as I don't have time for the Everest fights (so haven't done any of the Carina's challenges for AoL or LoL). I don't often run suicides, but will occasionally turn them on.

Void is your answer. Plus you get 160 sigs to use on someone else.

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Void (Sig 160)
    ShadowOG said:

I don't see why you have mile morales, he kinda trash, not saying he's the worst but sucks... I would say human torch or immortal abomination, or even someone different like captain America Infinity war, or immortal hulk, void is questionable now that theirs better science champions

Literally no truths were told here but everyone has an opinion so I can't knock it.