**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Monthly EQ Tournament

Hi Y’all,

Been thinking on this for a few months, thought I should share my thoughts. Open to any and all constructive feedback or additions to the idea.

Proposal: Replace the main monthly EQ with a tournament EQ. New champs are introduced as final boss opponents. Summoners fight in a tournament, beating successive opponents and fighting our way to the new champ boss.

Reason: Current EQ is tired and repetitive and exhausted. Specifically, finding a new reason for us to first befriend and then fight the new champion is already getting old and I’m only 2 and half years in. New champions would be final opponents in the tournament. The reason we meet and then fight them is for the pure glory of battle, not due to overused/cliché story plots.

Reason: The format of fighting enemies on a linear path while having pieces of story dropped here and there is extremely weird. Why are all these enemies on this linear path? One possible answer is they are opponents in a tournament; they are literally lined up to fight us (a more structured battle map would accompany this format, squarish, with clear paths, similar to the battle map layout when we fought/fight the Maestro). A monthly tournament EQ would help the current 'lines on a map' presentation format make a bit more sense.

Potential Issues:
Arenas: This tournament game type may impact on the Arenas, it wouldn’t stop me from jumping in, I love arenas, but on the surface it may seem quite similar, depending on how it were actually implemented.

Stagnation: A tournament game type is not necessarily intrinsically dynamic, and may become stale.

I'm sure there is a lot more I haven't thought of.

This is just an idea, of course.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

-TrapKill :)

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i mean it doesn't necessarily need to replace the eq, but a tournament or something globally that is wider and more inclusive than the summoner showdown would be a lot of fun. give everyone the same champs and the same masteries and we'll see who's the best skill wised
  • JustAGuyJustAGuy Posts: 84
    I think it looks good, but it seems familiar to the close quarters challenge we got with Shang-Chi.