**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Wars Season 33 Changelog, Rewards Update, Loyalty Store and Glory Store Updates!

Comments

• Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Happy with the war reward updates for sure
  • Options
    Seely32Seely32 Posts: 11
    I dont understand why kabam decided to do this. Literally no one asked for this, in fact most people asked for an update to the potion healing and qn easier way to get them. I cant wait to watch my team/ community of 50+ daily active players which ive spent 2 years building quit. War is what keeps us here spending money, sad to watch another game mode like AQ and arena turn into a whale fest.
  • Options
    JJ4JJ4 Posts: 41

That glory store update is pretty nice

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Mdub_14 said:

Seely32 said:

I dont understand why kabam decided to do this. Literally no one asked for this, in fact most people asked for an update to the potion healing and qn easier way to get them. I cant wait to watch my team/ community of 50+ daily active players which ive spent 2 years building quit. War is what keeps us here spending money, sad to watch another game mode like AQ and arena turn into a whale fest.

They clearly don’t care about any of us. There silence speaks volumes about what kind of people they are
    Aight, these are bad takes and I don’t just mean grammatically. This potion change is objectively awful, I wholeheartedly agree with the community consensus here, but I really wish people would stop trying to read motives into this kind of thing.

There’s an old saying that goes like “never assume malice when ignorance is an option.” Somebody goofed in a very big way. Kabam is now taking the time to (hopefully!) properly understand and address the problem before making another announcement. Nothing about that is evil or malicious, so just take a minute to breathe.

If they come back and say “lol new potion system here to stay, also we hate you and your dog is ugly,” then yeah, it’s torch and pitchfork time.

But there’s time before next season and I don’t think people are using items in the off-season. If you are, then what are you doing? Stop that, ya silly goose! Let’s see how this plays out. Maybe they’ll fix it, maybe they won’t. But right now we’ve gotten the message across that the community thinks this new system is hot garbage and that’s really all we needed to do for now.
  • Options
    thepiggy said:

Wicket329 said:

Mdub_14 said:

Seely32 said:

They clearly don’t care about any of us. There silence speaks volumes about what kind of people they are
    Aight, these are bad takes and I don’t just mean grammatically. This potion change is objectively awful, I wholeheartedly agree with the community consensus here, but I really wish people would stop trying to read motives into this kind of thing.

There’s an old saying that goes like “never assume malice when ignorance is an option.” Somebody goofed in a very big way. Kabam is now taking the time to (hopefully!) properly understand and address the problem before making another announcement. Nothing about that is evil or malicious, so just take a minute to breathe.

If they come back and say “lol new potion system here to stay, also we hate you and your dog is ugly,” then yeah, it’s torch and pitchfork time.

But there’s time before next season and I don’t think people are using items in the off-season. If you are, then what are you doing? Stop that, ya silly goose! Let’s see how this plays out. Maybe they’ll fix it, maybe they won’t. But right now we’ve gotten the message across that the community thinks this new system is hot garbage and that’s really all we needed to do for now.
    These changes can't be accidental. Players have asked about potions for years and I can't remember Kabam ever responding. Contest Creators have talked to them about it behind the scenes too.
    Right, but Kabam isn’t just one person. The process involves the items person and the in-game economy person and the war person and the communications person and all of their teams plus whoever else is involved. Changes that impact multiple facets of the game are like playing telephone. If one person messes up along the way, it has knock on effects.

All I’m saying is we can afford to wait for a bit and see how this plays out. I’m hopeful this will not be the final iteration we see before the beginning of the season. Hopefully we get an update long before then, but I’ve been around long enough to know that it could be a while.
  • Options
    caustic said:

Wicket329 said:

thepiggy said:

Wicket329 said:

Mdub_14 said:

Seely32 said:

These changes can't be accidental. Players have asked about potions for years and I can't remember Kabam ever responding. Contest Creators have talked to them about it behind the scenes too.
    Right, but Kabam isn’t just one person. The process involves the items person and the in-game economy person and the war person and the communications person and all of their teams plus whoever else is involved. Changes that impact multiple facets of the game are like playing telephone. If one person messes up along the way, it has knock on effects.

All I’m saying is we can afford to wait for a bit and see how this plays out. I’m hopeful this will not be the final iteration we see before the beginning of the season. Hopefully we get an update long before then, but I’ve been around long enough to know that it could be a while.
    If what you say is true, then it's even worse. That means it went through multiple peoples hands and no one thought for a minute to question what a bad idea this was.

Also, it looks like they went through and deleted a bunch of comments. They have the time to do that, but not provide a response to all the criticisms with this change.
    Again, I agree this change is bad. And obviously so, to the point that it should have been realized before it went live. But it didn’t. There are a million possible reasons for why it didn’t, and not all of them are worth burning down Kabam HQ over. If they stick with this system, then we can start the riots. But doing it now, when we’ve been told that they are aware of the community sentiment and are discussing it and next steps internally, isn’t productive.

As to the second point, the community management team and the dev team are extremely different. Community management cleans up the forum and announces what the dev team decides. There hasn’t been a decision yet, so the community management team hasn’t made an announcement.

Just… a little patience, y’all. Not everything is an insult. Nobody’s slapping you in the face. After all this time in the game, I’ve learned patience is usually the best policy. You’d be amazed at what happens when we all dial it back a little bit.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited March 2022
    Hard truth: Don’t matter how many y’all people quit AW in response to this. There will always be more people from the bottom happy to move up to take your place. So stop dangling that in front of Kabam like some sort of threat.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If this change stuck you'd likely just see the AQ and AW leaderboards be very similar.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited March 2022
    Wicket329 said:

caustic said:

Wicket329 said:

thepiggy said:

Wicket329 said:

Mdub_14 said:

Seely32 said:

If what you say is true, then it's even worse. That means it went through multiple peoples hands and no one thought for a minute to question what a bad idea this was.

Also, it looks like they went through and deleted a bunch of comments. They have the time to do that, but not provide a response to all the criticisms with this change.
    Again, I agree this change is bad. And obviously so, to the point that it should have been realized before it went live. But it didn’t. There are a million possible reasons for why it didn’t, and not all of them are worth burning down Kabam HQ over. If they stick with this system, then we can start the riots. But doing it now, when we’ve been told that they are aware of the community sentiment and are discussing it and next steps internally, isn’t productive.

As to the second point, the community management team and the dev team are extremely different. Community management cleans up the forum and announces what the dev team decides. There hasn’t been a decision yet, so the community management team hasn’t made an announcement.

Just… a little patience, y’all. Not everything is an insult. Nobody’s slapping you in the face. After all this time in the game, I’ve learned patience is usually the best policy. You’d be amazed at what happens when we all dial it back a little bit.
    I agree with the patience part, to an extent, though I don’t believe this is a mistake. I believe it’s a spectacularly poor piece of judgement which sadly highlights the disconnect between the player base and the company. There’s potential for it to be truly frightening: regular Kabam employees have said hell no, this is awful and have been overridden by the suits, in which case we’re probably stuck. The alternative is almost as frightening: this is a mistake that was missed by the team responsible for deciding the changes, those who have to code it and those who put together the announcement.

Honestly, I’m not sure which to hope for.
  • Options
    ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    As an alliance leader of an Tier2/Tier3 AW alliance I would also like to express my disappointment in this change.

Once the compensation packs finish up, I cannot see how this will improve the AW game mode in any capacity. It's simply a matter of spending 600-800 units to heal up a champ?

Giving access to (way overdue) updated health pots allows players to spend on roster development and keep renewed interest in the game, expanding the player base.

Instead, on face value it seems that this change is a push towards not being able to explore the map in a cost effective manner unless units are spent to get there.

We already have AQ as the game mode that scaling of rewards goes hand in hand with or prestige/spending. I felt that just an update to the potion system was sufficient, and hope to see some positive changes to keeping a great game mode alive.
  • Options
    GodMan114GodMan114 Posts: 45
    qartweli said:

Hey All,

Nothing to share yet, but the team has been hard at work coming up with some ideas and improving them. Big shout out to the Commentors here and the MCOC Content Creators for giving some great constructive feedback.

In the meantime, we are pushing a fix for the AW Potions in the Loyalty store refreshing ever 2 weeks instead of 7 days, as we intended.

U can i crease that refresh to once in a decade
    Doesnt matter
    Yup - We value loyalty way more for boosts than for a pinch of health.
    The glory store is where pots should remain. Everything was fine that way. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" -- The one thing everyone desired was some sort of boost to the pots as we are getting champs with bigger health pools. This entire thing went in the opposite direction.

Those Loyalty pots. 2 per week? This doesn't even make sense. Loyalty is scarce and it's the only way class boosts and grey boosts are purchased, so we can't use those for pots anyway... and as all have said, the amount of heal from it is peanuts anyway.

I'm hoping that Kabam comes up with a proper adjustment here so that AW doesn't die out. Someone said that lower players will gladly pay to move up to take the spot of us T1 players... because they can "play to win," but even that's ridiculous. You'd be slashing a massive chunk of the population from war. I don't think Kabam wants to lose the love people have for the game.

If there was no war, I'd stop playing. I run AQ for rewards to rank up champs for war. I do content to rank up champs for war. That's me... there are many others like me - obviously not everyone, but a strong percentage of folks do feel the same way.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    Mike, if you’re still taking comments back to the team please consider this: Shuri, in Black Panther, said “Just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.”

I would strongly consider you guys look to improve things, have an impact on improving quality of life — not just introduce things for the sake of introducing things. While I understand the gesture to separate AW potions/revives from AQ potions/revives, the fact of the matter is Alliance Potions were easily accessible because of 1) their price and 2) an abundant resource (glory). If you’ve made these changes AND introduced more Loyalty as well as made the new AW potions reasonably priced?”, this wouldn’t have happened in the first place.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Hey All,

Nothing to share yet, but the team has been hard at work coming up with some ideas and improving them. Big shout out to the Commentors here and the MCOC Content Creators for giving some great constructive feedback.

In the meantime, we are pushing a fix for the AW Potions in the Loyalty store refreshing ever 2 weeks instead of 7 days, as we intended.

Since they're coming up with ideas, does that mean the current system was intended and approved?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Since they're coming up with ideas, does that mean the current system was intended and approved?
    If they announced it, then it was intended and approved. As for whether they renegotiate after the fact, that's a different story.
This discussion has been closed.