**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dead Gwenpool [Not A Bug]

SmirkyhSmirkyh Posts: 19
edited November 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
So I just had my Awakened Gwenpool ko'd by a special. It’s like she has lost her powers. Is there a dampening mutant loose in the realm?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I believe her signature ability accuracy can be reduced by certain champs with defense ability reduction.
  • SmirkyhSmirkyh Posts: 19
    It was Hyperion.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    If it was his S1, it may have been the first tick of his Incinerate damage that finished her off.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    With Hyperion, he does not have ability accuracy redction, so there’s 2 possibilities i can think of.

First off, if it’s in arena/AW, your opponent might have assassin, which would cause a large chance her sig fails to protect her if spread over multiple hits.

Second, if it’s his s1, then, like Magrailothos said, it might be part of his incinerate dealing that final tick of damage.
    Special 3. Pure ko. Took my 4* rank 5 from half life to KO. I just thought that was not supposed to happen.

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Smirkyh wrote: »
    Special 3. Pure ko. Took my 4* rank 5 from half life to KO. I just thought that was not supposed to happen.

Who killed her?
    Hyperion
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    I think he means which player did the Hyperion belong to
    I didn’t think to screen shot it. May have been Bartlok or Mastuh D in an AW.
    On node 14 if that matters. Is didn’t see an ability nullify on that node.
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    I think he means which player did the Hyperion belong to

No i meant champ… GP is all KINDS of bugged tboufh
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    If it’s in AW or arena/duels it’s probably assassin mastery. Reduces ability accuracy so it won’t always work. In quests and AQ champs like black widow or crossbones just to name a couple could have a similar effect. Basically if there’s any possibility that your ability accuracy is being reduced don’t rely on her sig from saving her.
    If it’s in AW or arena/duels it’s probably assassin mastery. Reduces ability accuracy so it won’t always work. In quests and AQ champs like black widow or crossbones just to name a couple could have a similar effect. Basically if there’s any possibility that your ability accuracy is being reduced don’t rely on her sig from saving her.

Except if it was a L3 from half health Tiffin Hyperion then there’s an issue
    So I brought this up before...
    Is this happening to anyone else? My GP still is at risk facing specials. (Hela SP3 took her out). I just ko’d a duped GP with mordo’s SP3. I thought this was plot armour was supposed to prevent this.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    I know she can't die from specials but I re-read her awakened ability, and at level 99 it says

Gwenpool's read enough comics to know that the main character doesn't die, preventing her from losing more than 65.03* of her current health per hit from special attacks.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-gwenpool/

So technically, if they are below 65%, then she has a chance to die from special attacks
  • adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45
    65% of current health... means if her health it below 65% of MAX health, she can only lose 65% of CURRENT health.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    This exact thing happened to me earlier this year. My gp vs a hyperion in arena. I was not under the affect of sp1, had high enough health that assassin shouldn't have come into play, and was ko'd by sp3
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Gwenpool should NOT die from any specials, i don't know if this ability can be reduced by some champs / assassin mastery or not. But right now it's bugged.
    Earlier if i hit GP with a multi-hit SP and she was near death, each hit of that SP would do '1' damage and she would stay alive. But now she can be killed with a SP even with over half her hp remaining.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Assassins range DOES reduce Gwen Pools Ability. I want to say Kabam Mike verified this a month or two ago but I can't find the thread.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I've attached her in AQ and have seen crits from an L1 do 1 damage even with my assassin maxed, while in arena I kill her easily. We've put her on the node in war where only specials do damage and she got walked over. There has to be a bug in there somewhere.
  • Assassin should only kick in once you're under 18% though.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    The thing with Gwenpool is that off course she can be killed by a special attack, but that should only be the case if its a multihitting special, since she can only lose x% of her health starting from the activation of the special, that % shouldnt be applied during her special, so she should be able to take Hulks L2 to the face and survive but could be KO:d by Hulks L1. But the problem here is that L3 should count as 1 hit which doesnt seem to be the case here. + Direct damage specials will neglate all safeguard effects like Visions specials for instance
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. Just wanted to hop in here and let you know that Assassin can definitely make it so Gwenpool can be killed by a special. I hope this helps!
  • Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wanted to hop in here and let you know that Assassin can definitely make it so Gwenpool can be killed by a special. I hope this helps!

Even if she is above the 18% mark prior to the special?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Chris_L_H wrote: »
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »

Even if she is above the 18% mark prior to the special?

If 1 hit takes you below 18% then assassins kicks in I believe. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought this is how it works.
  • Hype himself cannot reduce an opponents ability accuracy, and I don't know of a node in AW that would give Hype the ability to reduce ability accuracy, and I don't know of any team synergy that would give Hype ability accuracy reduction abilities.. Assassin can do it if you were under 18% health. The only possible way I can think of (unless this is a bug) is if Hype had Parried you, if the player had Pacify maxed and you were parried by Hype and he triggered his lvl 3 he would have 30% chance to reduce GP ability accuracy to stop her preventing a killing blow from special attack.

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Were you stunned? Could be pacify mastery at work.