**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champion Attributes: Live on Scorpion, Black Cat and More!

Greetings Summoners!

We have recently announced a new Champion Attribute system that we will be implementing on all of our Champion Spotlights in the coming months. If you need a refresher on what that is, take a look at this post here.

The main goal of Champion Attributes is to help Summoners, new and old, have an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of a Champion at a glance. In order to do this, Attributes are broken down into 5 separate categories:
  • Damage
  • Survivability
  • Ease of Use
  • Utility
  • Defender Strength
We also want to take this opportunity to clear up some misconceptions that have been floating around:
  • These ratings are based on Data collected from multiple sources in-game. Your opinions may vary on individual Champions, but we are going to portray these ratings in relation to some of the most competitive content in-game, and won't be able to take individual or niche cases into account.
  • Champion Synergies are not accounted for in these Ratings. While Synergies can certainly make Champions more powerful (I'm looking at you Cable and Apocalypse), we want these to represent the Champion as is.
  • Champion Buffs are not going anywhere, but they may be less frequent. We said it in the original post, but we're going to repeat it here. Regardless of if this rating system was introduced or not, there would have been a chance to the Cadence in Champion Buffs as we get closer to a point where we need more overhauls and fewer value updates.
  • You should expect more Buffs than Nerfs. If we applied this program historically to the last year, you would have seen a lot more Buffs to underperforming new Champions. We have historically tuned down overly potent Champions in the past, and rarely have those ever been seen as a major nerf. Our goal here is to show you right off the bat what a Champion should be capable of.
Read all about Champion Attributes and check out some of the Samples on the site now.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Let's see how many 5/5 will that Maw get
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Will this be able to be seen in game?

Ok but how does Domino have the same utility rating as BWCV, Shang Chi, Cap IW and Warlock?

Besides AAR I honestly can’t think of any utility she has. Granted I don’t have her but still
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Malreck04 said:

I still fail to see the point of this. Before act 5, it doesn’t matter which champs you use. Act 5 and beyond, you need champions with specific abilities, not just 3 points or above in utility.

This system is not helping anyone, not even the beginners.

How would you be able to differentiate between 2 champs where both have the specific ability your looking for? With more and more characters being released and, less so, buffed overlapping utilities are going to become more common. Knowing how different champs compare in other aspects of their kit like damage/ease of use and not just their utility is more important now than ever.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

why is Hyperion a 2 in ease of use? His kit is super simple

Why is Sunspot a 5? I really don't find his playstyle all that simple, unless I'm missing something

I might be horribly wrong, but I consider 5/5 ease of use to be something like... Deadpool X – no fussy mechanics, just hit the opponent and hope for the best.

Ok but how does Domino have the same utility rating as BWCV, Shang Chi, Cap IW and Warlock?

Besides AAR I honestly can’t think of any utility she has. Granted I don’t have her but still
    Her AAR is terrible 💀
    Yes but to Kabam terrible utility is still utility
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    So, using a 5 pt scale .. then deciding that wasn't enough, and using .5 pts ? Seriously, just simplify it and use a 10 pt scale .. use whole numbers .. simpler/cleaner ...
    not hard to "fix", just x2 your numbers ... "done"
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,476 ★★★★★
    Rating Nick Fury only a 3/5 in survivability told me all I needed to know about this. I’d like to know what they think a 5/5 is
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Isn’t really useful, it’s simply not necessary in my opinion. I comprehend what kabam is trying to accomplish with this but it doesn't get to the heart of the matter
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    The rankings are really ungood.
  • Maratox said:

Rating Nick Fury only a 3/5 in survivability told me all I needed to know about this. I’d like to know what they think a 5/5 is

As a reminder, all of the ways that we are calculating these are found in the Article linked above.

"For Champion Survivability, we’ve identified a few major things that will help the character stay alive in the average fight. Examples of abilities like Regeneration, a Champion’s average damage taken, and what their average health loss versus health gained in a fight is."
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★

Corvus easy of use a 2? The only thing you have to do is MLM SP2, he automatically gets his charges just by fighting certain champs, maybe the only thing is knocking down an evade champ. Pretty easy to use, so hyperion is just heavy and Specials, he has the simplest kit.

With every added example here, the rating system becomes more weird 😅