**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds delayed, champion charges are dropped to 3, mastery costs are back. Any positive news?

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
There have been multiple threads on when battlegrounds is coming for weeks now after the announcement of having the entire month of April to play it and we get told the day before we should expect it that it’s not coming. One step forward, 4 steps back.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    There's no crying in Battlegrounds.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

There have been multiple threads on when battlegrounds is coming for weeks now after the announcement of having the entire month of April to play it and we get told the day before we should expect it that it’s not coming. One step forward, 4 steps back.

So... You want them to release content you'd be unhappy with instead of fixing it?
  • fitenitefitenite Posts: 17
    I see they've added rewards this time. Perhaps to try and entice the more general population of the game. But at what cost? Has the energy cost per match been reduced?
    Do you have any details on the energy cost per match for the upcoming Beta? @Kabam Miike
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    Ah yes, energy costs and champ refreshes. Squeeze every penny possible out of a new mode that is supposed to breathe new life into the contest.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yes. There are rewards
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Ah yes, energy costs and champ refreshes. Squeeze every penny possible out of a new mode that is supposed to breathe new life into the contest.

We got 5 big refills just for beta testing and they were also in all the rewards. They stated there were refreshes from the get go so why are you acting surprised now? There's refreshes in arena and incursions as well. You don't even really know if you can pay a cost to refresh because it was 99 in the last beta.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Raganator said:

What makes you think the goal is to extract as much money out of the players as possible? How much are *you* intending to spend on refreshes and energy refills? I know I wasn't planning on spending cash on either of those things. I was planning on throttling my play to be consistent with how much those resources will allow without spending.

Maybe, and here's a crazy thought, the game mode is designed to allow most players to play it casually, and only those who want to push it harder than that and are willing to spend to subsidize it. Like every other part of the game.
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★

Raganator said:

We got 5 big refills just for beta testing and they were also in all the rewards. They stated there were refreshes from the get go so why are you acting surprised now? There's refreshes in arena and incursions as well. You don't even really know if you can pay a cost to refresh because it was 99 in the last beta.
    I think its mainly an issue with the champ refreshes
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Any good news? I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

On a more legitimate note though, the milestone rewards for play testing this beta include I think 4 of the monthly event cav crystals plus 5,000 6* shards, which is pretty neat.

Ooh 5k 6 star shards. Hope it's doable to get them in 1 day (they are in the final objective) for a last 6 star featured.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Any good news? I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

On a more legitimate note though, the milestone rewards for play testing this beta include I think 4 of the monthly event cav crystals plus 5,000 6* shards, which is pretty neat.

Ooh 5k 6 star shards. Hope it's doable to get them in 1 day (they are in the final objective) for a last 6 star featured.
    Maybe if you're willing to spend on refreshes. I saw this coming in the open beta, 99 charges was the only reason people were having so much fun. Now, 5-6 matches and all your most consistent picks will be gone. For mid-level players at least. If you have an endgame roster with lots and lots of champs ranked up then you should be alright
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Delay and less time doesn't matter , if I can play it
    Rather than sitting all dag complaining about content which broken/unplayable for a month

Also bear in mind, this beta will also be a stress test too, so keep expectations low and rewards with are pretty neat tho
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Considering how much we have all complained- myself included - about content that hasn’t been properly tested like V8, I can’t believe we’re having a debate about whether they should release content that is not fit for wider consumption.

They shouldn’t be releasing content that’s not ready. Their first beta brought up problems which they are addressing before releasing their next beta to test their fixes. What would be the point of releasing a beta with the known flaws still in that version? Answer: none.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

I hope there is a non ranked type where we can play with the champs all we want. I don't care about the ranks and stuff I just wanna enjoy the game mode.
    don't put champion refresh on non ranked at least
    and for friends mode don't put any energy recharge and champion refresh to it.

otherwise I don't think I can get my not too interested friends to play more than even 1 or 2 matches. (plz don't tell me to play with friends who are interested I don't have an abundance of them in this game and I wanna enjoy the game mode with the few I like to talk)

I believe that they will be in the future but their priority is the ranked mode at the moment. Either way they need one version smooth before a general release so one will feed into the other.