**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Please can we have a place to practise against bosses?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
Honestly, whilst i found act 7 for the most part to be fun and rewarding, I’m getting a bit tired of these one time champion bosses such as the Grandmaster, Gwenmaster and Kangs. Why? Well because it’s getting boring going through the same formula of spend units to learn how to dodge specials, spend units to learn how the fight actually rewards and punishes you, finally complete the fight. At least with the act 6 bosses like The Champion you knew to bring in a certain type of champion and you knew what his specials would be and what he could do in terms of unblockability and his phases (which didn’t completely re-write his kit every time)

I know a lot of people find these fights fun and I think a good compromise would be to simply give us an area where we can practise against these champions. Almost every other boss fight/node has a way in which to prepare against by practising against other champions, why can’t that be the case for these newer bosses?

TL;DR it’s annoying having to spend units to fight the new bosses, can we practise against them elsewhere like any other champion?

Comments

• ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    You don’t have to spend units. There are plenty of guides you can check on how to farm revives and potions. So that one is on you.
    Also, curious how you say you knew all about the Champion fight but not Kang. YouTubers had guides out within a week of 7.4 dropping.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    You can refer to guides online or restart quest if you are doing paths itemless. Dexing might also be an issue due to the inputs issue going on.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    No
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★

You don’t have to spend units. There are plenty of guides you can check on how to farm revives and potions. So that one is on you.
    Also, curious how you say you knew all about the Champion fight but not Kang. YouTubers had guides out within a week of 7.4 dropping.

I watched the videos, but the main problem with the boss I have is The Champion acted like any other champion in the game, his interactions with unblockable, unstoppable etc were all the same, yet with this new kang he slows down time and speeds it up. Watching videos doesn’t dex specials for you, and it seems like every time he throws a special or dodges you his timings are different.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

I watched the videos, but the main problem with the boss I have is The Champion acted like any other champion in the game, his interactions with unblockable, unstoppable etc were all the same, yet with this new kang he slows down time and speeds it up. Watching videos doesn’t dex specials for you, and it seems like every time he throws a special or dodges you his timings are different.
    I see where you’re coming from but I don’t think your suggestion is ever going to happen.
    I also watched the videos and it still took a few revives to get used to the specials and fight mechanics.
    It’s all part of the challenge and I honestly would not have it any other way.
    Best thing you can do is load up on revives and quit out if things go sideways.