**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What should we do with three versions of "Captain Marvel"?

MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
As someone who's always talking about champions buffs and suggestions, I've been thinking about Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) recently. And not just because of that 6* Captain Marvel (Classic) that I pulled...

There are currently three versions of Carol Danvers in the game. Two are very early champions (Captain Marvel Classic, and Ms Marvel) who are physically identical re-skins that have little current application in the game. One is Captain Marvel Movie (CMM) who remains an effective and playable champion; although not necessarily a top-level cosmic champion.

CMM certainly doesn't need a buff. She's great. But what about the other two earlier versions? They must be on the 'buff list' somewhere. What shall we do with them?

I ask because if clearly the buff program has a lot to do. Should we be hoping Kabam spend time and effort doing major re-designs for both? That's going to be time-consuming: would we be better off if they put all their (finite) time and effort into just one overhaul? If so, what do we do with the other champion? Do we even keep them?

Let's give Kabam our thoughts; so they've plenty of time to put something into action before they need a tie-in for "The Marvels" movie (Release date: 17 February 2023)...

What should we do with three versions of "Captain Marvel"? 134 votes

Leave them identical; giving both the same treatment (moderate rework/overhaul)
5%
mostlyharmlessnRickGrimes_King73Thoye3Steel_Ball_RunRenaxqqMCOCHazza30ishjbxotiic 8 votes
Different reworks to make two distinct champions like the two Magnetos
76%
KpatrixSnakeEyes69DrZolaLeNoirFaineantGrandOldKaizuffyLuciusVorenusMSRDLDDarkShadowZXTerraSundance_2099Darkrider05AinyShadowstrikeThatGuyYouSaw235causticTotal_Domin01CassySyndicatedMagonus 103 votes
Remove one of them from the game and rework the survivor.
17%
SIlverProfessorChovnerThe_ChumpLogan00LibertyPrimeV1MoosetiptronicColonaut123AldacMaxGamingKappa2gEtm34ChikelKoopaKrusherDukenpukeReptoidKablThebombsquad1Beurky38Wolviman1LBN1 23 votes

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Personally, I'd favour option 2 or possibly 3.

I do think that option 3 has potential. There would be ways to make it work – there can’t be many players who have taken up both of these champions to a high rank, surely? It would surely be possible to calculate a return of Iso/Gold/Cats for the less-advanced version; and (for example) if you’ve got both Unawakened in your roster, for you to end up with a single Awakened champion.

Maybe that would be more work for the Kabam team than just doing the extra buff, though!

As regards Option 2, I've generated a couple of buff suggestions below - one moderate, one overhaul.
    Do share your thoughts on what Kabam could do with these champions; thoughts on the poll options; and buff redesigns.
  • Different reworks to make two distinct champions like the two Magnetos
    @Magrailothos i really liked the rework ideas. kudos.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    In this case instead of removing one you could turn it into Captain Mar-Vell
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

In this case instead of removing one you could turn it into Captain Mar-Vell

(with him having his own Abilities of course)
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I do think that option 3 has potential. There would be ways to make it work – there can’t be many players who have taken up both of these champions to a high rank, surely? It would surely be possible to calculate a return of Iso/Gold/Cats for the less-advanced version; and (for example) if you’ve got both Unawakened in your roster, for you to end up with a single Awakened champion.

There's a lot of reasons why this will never happen. It goes against general developer principles, more players probably care than you are accounting for, the work involved is not worth it....Too many people have to say yes, only one of them has to say no.
    Thanks DNA.

Don't misread that I was strongly advocating for the option of removing one version from the game: just making the argument that it was possible to do it without necessarily disadvantaging those who'd taken them up. I admit, Marvel oversight hadn't particularly occurred to me, though!

I'd much rather have two decent reworks; as my suggestions further down hopefully implied.

However, others have suggested just 'removing' old champions rather than buffing then, if a newer version already exists. So although that wouldn't be my personal preference either, I thought the third option could generate interesting conversation, particularly given recent announcements about the pace of the 'buff program'. Thanks for joining in, to make it so.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    May the worthy stand
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Other option: return requisite 5/6* shards for every time OGCM and Ms. M were pulled for each account before removing both as playable characters.

Rinse and repeat for several other OG champs/skins (looking at you OGIM and SIM)).

Dr. Zola
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    Merge them all into one Superior Captain marvel.
    She could either look like one of Cat Murdock's exceptional champion fusion arts or an ugly amalgamation like Ibom. Your call.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Leave them identical; giving both the same treatment (moderate rework/overhaul)

Merge them all into one Superior Captain marvel.
    She could either look like one of Cat Murdock's exceptional champion fusion arts or an ugly amalgamation like Ibom. Your call.

Ooo they could do them as a 3 for 1 trade in in the store.....
  • Regal_PantherRegal_Panther Posts: 13

Technically there’s 4 cap marvels with Kamala Khan

There are 3 Carol Danvers, 2 of which go by the Captain Marvel moniker, and one as Ms. Marvel identical to Capt. Marvel (classic)

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) isn't a Captain, and no similarity (move-set-wise) to make her technically CM, so this doesn't apply as a technicality.

That said, I'm in favor of overhauling both CM Classic and MM (Danvers) so they're actually relevant for play (and have some distinction from each other) and not turned into the movie version.

If one was to come out, I probably wouldn't even make her Binary, truthfully, I'd replace her with Moonstone, who posed as Capt. Marvel for a while in Dark Avengers. The distinction from Danvers her design would be based on would be incorporating phasing to the kit.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I'd like to point out that Captain Marvel (Classic)'s sig ability is half useless as she does not gain any real power from blocking energy based attacks. Miss Marvel does and it's very noticeable. It's always bugged me that CMC doesn't get the same amount of powergain.