**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who regrets finishing 7.4? (10k unit offer)

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
I had the resources to push an easy first clear of 7.4, so I did. I haven’t used the 2-3 gem. I haven’t used the stones. The crystals were garbage. I’ve got 4000 units now, and a huge pile of regret over this 10,000 unit offer. I fully expected 1-2 r4 champs to be the requirement.

I 100%ed the gauntlet and got all 27 SOP points. I only did one finale path. I have 1.15 of each catalyst, and some of that came from gifting and Valentines.

I never would’ve let that 10,000 unit offer go by with the knowledge that inferior July 4 offers were coming, or that a progression title was so far from reach.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

I had the resources to push an easy first clear of 7.4, so I did. I haven’t used the 2-3 gem. I haven’t used the stones. The crystals were garbage. I’ve got 4000 units now, and a huge pile of regret over this 10,000 unit offer. I fully expected 1-2 r4 champs to be the requirement.

I 100%ed the gauntlet and got all 27 SOP points. I only did one finale path. I have 1.15 of each catalyst, and some of that came from gifting and Valentines.

I never would’ve let that 10,000 unit offer go by with the knowledge that inferior July 4 offers were coming, or that a progression title was so far from reach.

Exactly the opposite. I saw the exploration bundle, thought about it, then pushed to complete 7.4 specifically to get it while it was still 10k. And now that Kabam has announced Paragon - six months at least ahead of when I thought the earliest we'd see the next title would be - I know I made the right decision.

That bundle was trying to tell me something about the game economy and the game progression, but I didn't hear it clearly. But I heard enough to know I should be getting it. And that was definitely the right decision, even though I do not have three R4s yet. I'm way *closer* with that bundle, and I don't regret that decision at all.

I play the long game. That bundle was a long-game gamble, and I believe most long-game players like me jumped at it if they could, and I will bet most don't regret doing it.
    Same as me when I’m sow it I’m was like definitely. Need to pick it op so slow play 7.4 only need 7.4 kang so now I’m having planned. And with the spring clen I’m maybe be even my closest that’s normal I’m be having 2 r4 after
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

K00shMaan said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Exactly the opposite. I saw the exploration bundle, thought about it, then pushed to complete 7.4 specifically to get it while it was still 10k. And now that Kabam has announced Paragon - six months at least ahead of when I thought the earliest we'd see the next title would be - I know I made the right decision.

That bundle was trying to tell me something about the game economy and the game progression, but I didn't hear it clearly. But I heard enough to know I should be getting it. And that was definitely the right decision, even though I do not have three R4s yet. I'm way *closer* with that bundle, and I don't regret that decision at all.

I play the long game. That bundle was a long-game gamble, and I believe most long-game players like me jumped at it if they could, and I will bet most don't regret doing it.
    The regret isn't about spending an extra 2K to get the bundle. The regret is already completing the content and electing not to get it because at the time I valued the units more than what was offered. I didn't need any of the potions, revives, energy, and boots so it felt like I was overpaying a little bit for the Catalysts. Now I am definitely second guessing whether not it was a good long term decision and unfortunately have no way to rewind that decision - even at the cost of 2K extra units.
    Did not think of that angle. Given the huge amount of r4 mats in that offer, it dwarfs gauntlet and gm challenge rewards.

Someone doing a first pass of act 7.4, with this knowledge even months from now, can get far closer to a first or second r4 than those who completed 7.4 shortly after release but didn't get the offer.
    I did the Gauntlet and got all 27 SOP points (not the finale). I have 1.15 of each catalyst and I’m seething right now.
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 398 ★★★
    I had the units to buy, but I elected to wait until July. I don't necessarily regret it, but if the paragon objectives in EoP are bonkers I may end up regretting it.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I’m glad…

Now I won’t tell myself to do arena. 😅
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,490 Guardian
    Thronebreaker offers in July will likely be no worse than cyber weekend (because that's what happened to cav players) so you can grind extra units to get the t6b and t3a offered to TB to hopefully get paragon and then buy paragon offers.

When doing 7.4 myself I had almost 10k units and did the unit paths to get myself to 10k so I could buy the catalysts. My reasoning for that was I wanted 2 r4 champs by the time I explored, but I definitely wanted Nebula to be my first one so that offer completed my cats for me.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    No regerts here .. i looked at the offer and it just wasn't worth 10K .. regardless of if they had mentioned Paragon or not I still wouldn't have pulled the trigger on it.
    Pikolu said:

Thronebreaker offers in July will likely be no worse than cyber weekend (because that's what happened to cav players) so you can grind extra units to get the t6b and t3a offered to TB to hopefully get paragon and then buy paragon offers.

When doing 7.4 myself I had almost 10k units and did the unit paths to get myself to 10k so I could buy the catalysts. My reasoning for that was I wanted 2 r4 champs by the time I explored, but I definitely wanted Nebula to be my first one so that offer completed my cats for me.

Cavalier offers in 2020 were absolutely worse on Cyber Weekend than July 4. 5000 units got you 3000 6-star shards, no t5cc to progress towards TB, and a bunch of 5-star stuff. Even if you spent another 10k, you didn’t get any t5cc and only got 20,000 shards.

5000 units on July 4 2020 got you 12500 6-star shards and 25% t5cc (10-10-5).
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Just look at those downvotes:

DNA has been telling us again and again that TB requirements were originally 3 R3s. Looks like they just shifted that to this new one.

And did you went through 14,000,605 futures to know this?
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    Can someone clarify what this offer is. I’m nearly through act 7 and am wondering if it’s worth it
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    Toj37 said:

Can someone clarify what this offer is. I’m nearly through act 7 and am wondering if it’s worth it

1.5 both of t6b and t3a
    10 refills
    10 l2 rev
    5 l2 team rev
    15 t4 team potions
    Maybe I missed something, that's all I remember.
    Google it, you'll find it.
    It's the offer when you complete 7.4 for the first time.
    Toj37 said:

10,000 units gets you 1.5 t6b and 1.5 t3a and some other nominal goodies.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,877 Guardian

I regret whaling out on Omega Sentinel instead of buying the unit offer.

Same....
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Toj37 said:

The revives and pots aren’t here, but this is what it was

• Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    Me too.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Toj37 said:

Basically you have the option for 1 of the following
    - 3 T3A
    - 3 T6B
    - 1.5 T3A and 1.5 T6B

So they're all 3 Catalysts total. You also get a ton of very high level potions and revives, some energy too. I forget if there are 30% Champion Boosts as well.

That's why it's such a polarizing offer because there are 1,000's of units worth of value in those potions and a lot of players straight up don't need them. I include myself here as well because I had to purchase the offer after 7.1 to get a T5CC fragment selector to become Thronebreaker so I already have a stash full of those Level 6 Potions (the Teal ones).
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    The only reason I did 7.4 was to get the bundle.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Yeah really, If I knew I would have waited. That offer should be permanent if you completed Act 7 or something.