**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My thoughts on Paragon Title + Actual F2P

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,196 ★★★★★
Hey Guys I am actually F2P. If you can call $1 community 4* crystal "spending" back in I think 2018 (mephisto update).

So I 100% Act 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

I hadn't started Carina V2 and Carina V1 is 4 done. (ill get to this).

I did all of summer of pain.

I did not do Grandmasters Gauntlet.

I do not play in high war ally.

Ok now I have 1 R4 which is the R4 gem from Act 7.

I did not buy the 10k deal at the end.

My catalysts are

1 full t6b and like over 30k frags
36k t3a (the sq gives 9k so ill form 1)

If I do all V2 Carina challenges Ill have

2t6b + 1 from do all v2 = 3T6b
1t3a + 1 from do all v2 + the bit frags = I think around 2.5t3a which is like 18k or a bit more frags away from forming the 3rd.

Carina v1 should in theory give me enough to have the 3rd.

Now this is where I am at.
If you DIDN'T buy the offer and did both Carina 1 + 2 + explored Act 7 + did SoP you will ONLY have 2 R4s at max as an actual F2P.

Now the Carina Challenges

First off the 3 LoL challenges with 4*s isnt a skilled challenge. Its spend till you finish , enrage gonna hit no matter what.

3* cyclops vs Collector (I did this 1) and while skill is involved. You can't do this itemless if you are skilled. Still gotta revive.

V2 Carina's now. Theres a few of them that you just can't do if you don't got champs. Example is the thor , korg 1. If you dont got 1 of the 3 champs. You just can't do it and gotta wait for RNG to get it. Some of the abyss challenges aren't that bad. But actually having those champs AND ranked is whats needed. If you don't grind hard in arena which I know most hate. It is statistically impossible to have 3 R4s as a genuine F2P.

You already need 10k units for completion offer. A few k for each LoL challenge. Gotta do Abyss 3 times and the other challenges.

This title isn't for "Skilled Summoners who didn't want to purchase the materials" its still behind a paywall in my opinion.

These people that say are F2P but buys Collector cards doesnt feel the effect of actual f2p players that are forced to farm revives or units from arena to get this title.

So this is my thoughts and my opinion and others can disagree but its still my opinion

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Claims to be 'actual' F2P(in contrast to fake F2P?) ,
    Admits to spending money.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,196 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

Your opinion is yours to have but the facts are you could have ground it out without paying a cent.

Grind or what not. Having 3 r4s isnt possible for f2p
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

Saw this earlier on Discord. It doesnt factor the t3a from this sq i think and it doesnt factor any offers aside from the 10k deal. Keep in mind they said you needed some high tier alliance stuff too.

So while its a stretch, technically it is possible for f2p.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Still not F2P regardless of how "little" you spend on.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

Saw this earlier on Discord. It doesnt factor the t3a from this sq i think and it doesnt factor any offers aside from the 10k deal. Keep in mind they said you needed some high tier alliance stuff too.

this is from @CloudOfContempt

what is missing here though is that you can also get some shards from playing higher tier aw and aq too
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

Your opinion is yours to have but the facts are you could have ground it out without paying a cent.

Grind or what not. Having 3 r4s isnt possible for f2p
    False, the only money I have ever spent on t3a or t6b was on Black Friday for which I got 19000 t6b and 15000 t3a. I have more than that currently in rank ups and materials for 3 rank 4 champions.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Claims to be 'actual' F2P(in contrast to fake F2P?) ,
    Admits to spending money.

Yes as if $1 4* crystal WAAY BACK THEN helped me in progression...
    Oh I didn't say it did. Just your very weird wording
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★

Now this is where I am at.
    If you DIDN'T buy the offer and did both Carina 1 + 2 + explored Act 7 + did SoP you will ONLY have 2 R4s at max as an actual F2P.

Add all the other offers there, as well as Grandmasters Gauntlet. Even still not enough for a 3rd one
  • n2obronxn2obronx Posts: 2
    To be completely fair you don't HAVE to be paragon right away they have it set this way so that it is something to work for over time you will get enough to have all three R4 6 stars eventually, and so far all the title gets you is new free crystals/ daily crystals, a new log in calendar and 7 day calendar that give extra cav shards like how UC to Cav did with the gmc shards, and some better unit offers during july 4th, cyber weekends etc etc
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    What people need to realize is this is not meant for everyone, especially for people who have content released a year ago still unfinished !!!
    This is meant for the very very top top players now and for the rest to climb towards it. It is not supposed to be handed out on Day1 to thousands and thousands of players, like TB was.

• GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Mathematically yes but realistically no. It's impossible to get 3 rank 4 6* as FTP, maybe if you were a certified fortune teller.

It's just Kabam wording skill to excuse their Spring cleansing money grab Grand Plan.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    n2obronx said:

To be completely fair you don't HAVE to be paragon right away they have it set this way so that it is something to work for over time you will get enough to have all three R4 6 stars eventually, and so far all the title gets you is new free crystals/ daily crystals, a new log in calendar and 7 day calendar that give extra cav shards like how UC to Cav did with the gmc shards, and some better unit offers during july 4th, cyber weekends etc etc

Yeah, I don't feel the rush to get in in day 1. Maybe after 8.1.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

airmundo said:

Well said. Carina challenges can still be done by F2P players without using units but just requires a ton of farming and planning two weeks ahead. But even after all that, it still doesn’t get players to that 3rd R4.

If the requirement was for just 2 then I’d shut up and stop complaining. But to say having 3 R4’s is for skilled summoners regardless of monetary investments is false precision.

Given the length of time Carina v2 has been out and it’s overlap with 7.4 release, how realistic is that? You’re talking about unicorns. (I know one guy and he played top-10 war last season. He’s an animal) The consensus is really that the bar should’ve been 2 champs, not 3. I understand that’s self-serving for those of us in the community, but it does beg the question of Kabam’s motivations and what “earning it” really looks like. Friday will definitely warp that perspective too.

The great thing about SOP was that it offered a straight line path to Thronebreaker. If they release the eternity of pain stuff and the milestones somehow do that, great, but I really doubt they’re handing out that much t6b and t3a. I did the gauntlet and 27/27 SOP. I’m nowhere near a r4, much less a second.
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    I feel like the few f2p players that have 3 r4 6*s only got the 3rd from gifting crystals, either getting extremely lucky from the few gifting crystals they could get, or just by being in a big spending alliance and getting tons of crystals from them.
  • Lets just enjoy the game its fine if we cant paragon immediately we'll get there in a year or few months hehe
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

What people need to realize is this is not meant for everyone, especially for people who have content released a year ago still unfinished !!!
    This is meant for the very very top top players now and for the rest to climb towards it. It is not supposed to be handed out on Day1 to thousands and thousands of players, like TB was.

They have also stated that it was meant for those that did and completed everything. Which has proven to be wrong, since alone is still not enough.
    I'm personally more bothered by the way they have advertised it. Saying one thing, that was immediately be proved to be wrong, refused to elaborate, leave it to be like that.
  • PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    So buy something and support the game. It’s not a charity.
  • CloudOfContemptCloudOfContempt Posts: 97 ★★
    edited April 2022

My goal with this was only to show what was possible through events we’ve seen. In another thread somebody mentioned what you could get for units from other large deals, but I only included the 10k 7.4 deal as an addendum because that’s exactly what Kabam did. The other past deals + the 9k T3A from this SQ would get you exactly the amount of frags for 3x r4. Keep in mind that I also accounted for Grandmaster’s Gauntlet which isn’t something that they mentioned in the announcement, but it’s content that is supposedly returning, so it only seemed fair to include it.

So realistically you’re looking at a 40k (15k+15k+10k) unit total you would have needed to grind over the last nine months if you didn’t play any high tier alliance events. There’s varying degrees of those rewards so the range would be difficult to total and express regardless.

In short, it is/was possible to do it FTP, but incredibly difficult and required very specific play and foresight.