**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Wow Great timing to demotivate players like us. Yes I am not in High tier Aw ( P3 currently) and Aq( top 100). Have done all the challenges except Carina which I am working my way on. So F2Ps or players who don't spend money straight up screwed. There's difference between making said resources available slowly than having thake resources available only locked behind skill wall.
    TB came when people could achieve it without spending money. Because content had enough to give you one.

But 3 r4s is total bs. Because If this new event is like Summer of pain then only very few people will get benefit from that title and it's exclusive objectives. Now remember how much gap there was between CAV rewards and TB rewards due to the point and objective system. But I coud understand that as game still offered to get you TB title with your skills and content availability.
    But this new one does not give at all.it straight up BS to say have 3 r4s but when realistically players like me have at most 2 r4s at hand.
    Exclude the deals and look at the all events and content till now. There's no way F2ps and very low spenders have chance to have 3 r4s anytime soon.

I know now some people jump at me saying that SPENDERS DESERVE SUCH ADVANTAGE BLA BLA BLA BLA. In reality it's rich getting richer with really no scope for other players to catch up. let me clear one thing, don't say that people will get r4 materials eventually etc etc. It's still rarest resources ( not including gifting event and 10k unit deals)in game and it will not be available in big chunks. And if this new event as I said structured like SOP, it will be a straight slap to players like me as like SOP, we may get some chunk of r4 material ; after the event ends. I am still hopeful how that event turns out. But as usual it's kind of predictable how it will come out .
    Constant bugs, lags, Aw controversy and now this.

I don't understand how this is demotivating at all.
    I can only speak for myself here and my feelings towards this, but yes, after thinking about this for a bit, I find it rather demotivating.
    Currently, I'm in a position where all content in the game is open to me, there's nothing I'm not allowed to do on principle. With Paragon that will no longer be the case. That itself is not really a big deal, I'll eventually be a paragon and that barrier will be para-gone, and I'll be able to participate in the more insteresting content again.
    Problem is, to get there I need to do something that is very wasteful and ultimately useless for my account/roster strength. 6r4 are either too weak or too expensive and the only reason I even slightly care about them is the content gated behind having them. So gotta collect catalysts and inhuman amounts of iso-8 and use them on those guys instead of rank ups with actual, noticeable effect on my roster (such as getting a wider 6r2/5r5 roster).
    And then, sometime next year, when I'll be done with this pointless paradise bird-esque mating dance, I'll be back in exactly the same position I've already been in for the last year, except my roster will be weaker than it would've been at that point in time had Paragon not existed had I been allowed to use that t5b/t2a to get an actually stronger roster.

Yeah, that feels kinda terrible.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 149
    edited April 2022
    MCOC Team said:

With that in mind, we made sure that on day 1, it was possible to do for a Summoner that has:

• Completed all of the Story Content in-game
    • Completed all of last year’s Summer of Pain objectives
    • Completed Carina’s Challenges (Volumes 1 and 2),
    • Plays in a higher tier competitive Alliance
    • Purchased the Unit offer at the end of Act 7 Chapter 4
    Again, we want to reiterate that this is meant to be a difficult title to obtain, but we wanted to ensure that we’re making a road for all Summoners to make their way to Paragon.
    I rarely post in this forum, but I am very upset with this announcement. Like others have said, the timing of this announcement is not right. You acknowledge that we have to purchase the Unit offer at the end of Act 7 Chapter 4 to obtain this title on day 1. I already completed 7.4. After much consideration, I decided to pass on the Unit offer because there was not much benefit other than one additional R4. Why couldn't you announce this before 7.4 was released? I am a F2P player, but had almost 45,000 units saved up. Had I known that the new title was coming, I would have bought the offer. Now like other players, I missed the opportunity to obtain the new title on day 1. I don't care so much about day 1, but it will be a long time for me to obtain it because I did not buy the offer. Those who completed Act 7 should be given the opportunity to buy the offer again - at 10,000 Units if completed before the discount ended. The timing is bad for business, too. I think more players would have bought the offer if the new title was announced with the 7.4 release.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    Reading though the comments I realised that the sadness I am feeling with this Title is for the EOP objectives alone.
    I couldn't care less about money offers, but I want to pursue content like Para Objectives and be rewarded for my effort. I don't require high end rewards handed out to me freely.

Btw I'm expecting few 6* shards thrown at us just like from free doubloons last year... 😁
  • airmundoairmundo Posts: 145
    Crys23 said:

Kerneas said:

I just think 3 r4s are simply too much.

1 is guaranteed from Act 7, that's fair
    1 is in Carina's let's say, that's also fair (although some are incredible cashgrab for f2p players, looking at you LoL)

And the third is nowhere to be found...yet. As it is now, I think 2 r4s would be more fair, unless they release Abyss 2 that will give it. But as of now it is literally impossible without paying (correct me if I am wrong please)

But thats the idea. It has to be something you still have to work towards, not handed out on day1 to thousands of players, like TB was
    Work towards if you’re not a whale. Get right off the bat if you spend money**

IMO there would be zero argument here if the requirement was just 2 R4’s. A third is where the math breaks
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Pussaley said:

thepiggy said:

Everyone critical of the requirements should be willing to post their roster, AW/AQ rankings, and all endgame content progress (Story, Abyss, Carinas).

Most won't:

Haven't played long enough
    Skip content
    Don't 100% content
    Think Abyss and Carina's are 'cash grabby'
    Don't do Alliance Wars
    Don't do Map 8

I play about 6 years.
    Did SoP and Gauntlet
    Act 7, LoL and AoF 100%
    1 path left of Carina’s vol2. (which will be done next weak)
    Pl1-master alliance.
    Doing map8 since it came out

But me still need 0,5 T3A for third R4. If I didn’t buy Act 7 10k offer then it would be 1,5 T6B and 2 T3A to get the third R4 champ.

What else can you say ?

I can say - what we can talk about players who’s playing less than some players like me when even I can not do the third rank up? And yeah, I don’t buy deals. So the problem, once again, is F2P vs. P2W :)
    Then you missed a unit deal somewhere.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    neb said:

Question, what will people think if Deadpool sells a r4 for his spring cleaning?

I'm sure people will complain an forget that during the 4th and cyber monday they were also sold
    Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

This 100%. The ones that are doing the most complaining are the ones that won't be Paragon day 1 so because of that, they think it's a garbage decision….

FOMO is all it is…

People have decided that the title is right and proper if they have already got 2 Rank 4s, or are close to getting them. They haven’t realised that the title is for the future of the game, not for today.
    To contribute to the discussion, do you both think it’s fair to base a progression title in a game on a promise of more content, without knowing what the rewards are or with what frequency they will be dropped?

Do you both believe that it is fair to say that a valid route to get to this new progression title would have been to do five different steps, including spending 10,000-12,000 units, without any knowledge of it being linked to a progression title?

What do you define as a campaign progression title? Because I don’t believe the majority of the player base’s idea lines up with what the team has announced.

And lastly, do you both think that new content, such as EOP, should have exclusive objectives and rewards for these new title holders within a month or two after release, especially when considering there’s no feasible method (permanent content) to get you to that benchmark?
    Sorry but it's possible to have 3 R4's at this point without having spent real money. Just because it's not "feasible" in your head, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And yes, its fair to base a title on future content. This title isn't meant for everyone to have on release, its meant to have something to work towards. If you had 3 R4's right now, you wouldn't be of this opinion. You can't base a new title on story content alone because it doesn't hold enough weight in terms of difficulty. It's leagues easier than Act 6 even after the nerf plus they increased paradox charges from 8 to 12 which decreases the difficulty even more.
    I agree with you that it is possible without having spent real money, that was never in question - the developers even laid out how it was possible, which I’m taking at face value. I’m disagreeing that a day 1 Campaign progression title is being based off of deals (and seemingly everything from alliances to temporary content). It’s not feasible to attain now, because there’s no permanent content or deals available now.

If you believe that it’s fair to base a title on future content, that’s alright. People disagree, and I think from your previous posts I see your point. I’m always okay with something I have to work towards; I’m of the opinion there just needs to be something to work towards when announcing it. When Thronebreaker came out, I didn’t qualify day 1 or even month 1. I worked hard to get there by taking on content that was available just to rank 3 a 6* Wasp. And I don’t regret it.

I haven’t been on the forums much for you to know me, but I still would be part of this opinion with even 3 r4 champs. It’s not because it affects me personally, it’s because it’s a complete change in the trend and a different set of requirements. I have no clue what will come after this, but I don’t like this trend and I don’t want it now or in the future.

I agree you cannot base a progression title on story content, but basing it on the metrics the game team has used, specifically temporary content and deals, I disagree with. I agree with the team it should be roster dependent, but it should be doable with the content in the game as it currently stands. That is why many say 2 rank 4’s are fair, because it means it is attainable via permanent content such as both Carina’s + Act 7. If there were variants or other permanent content that offered drops of r4 materials, I would say that 3 r4’s are fair.
    The people saying 2 are the ones who are only doing the content they wanted to get to 2 r4s. They aren't doing everything in game that could net them 3 r4s.

Some of those with 2, couldn't do SoP when it came out or Gauntlet because they weren't ready or weren't the right level. That's not Kabams fault as they specifically said this title is aimed at those who have done everything the encompass in their calculations. They know this severely limits the pool of Paragons and that's fine. We all can still work to this title.

This isnt any different than the people that claim there's a gold shortage in game but won't do arena to sustain their gold reserves.

There are ways to get R4 mats but it boils down to that most don't want to do some of those things like top 45 AQ and p1/masters AW.

People want Kabam to fit their own personal progression and that varies for everyone.

Like I said before, new titles going forward should be ones no one can get day one. Put to rest all this mess for the future.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

Some players want to have the title now and not work for it.

NO
    some players worked their ass off on every piece of content and have progressed FAR beyond anything TB rewards currently offer, yet only have 2 r4s and have instantly become second rate.

How dense can you be?
    So what if the requirement was 2 and the people with 1 were complaining that it's too hard to have 2 R4's. What would your response be?
    They still have content left to do, as oppose to people who have 2 but aren't possibly able to get 3 despite everything being done
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Some players want to have the title now and not work for it.

NO
    some players worked their ass off on every piece of content and have progressed FAR beyond anything TB rewards currently offer, yet only have 2 r4s and have instantly become second rate.

How dense can you be?
    So what if the requirement was 2 and the people with 1 were complaining that it's too hard to have 2 R4's. What would your response be?
    They still have content left to do, as oppose to people who have 2 but aren't possibly able to get 3 despite everything being done
    But they will have stuff to do very soon to get their 3rd.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

This 100%. The ones that are doing the most complaining are the ones that won't be Paragon day 1 so because of that, they think it's a garbage decision….

FOMO is all it is…

People have decided that the title is right and proper if they have already got 2 Rank 4s, or are close to getting them. They haven’t realised that the title is for the future of the game, not for today.
    To contribute to the discussion, do you both think it’s fair to base a progression title in a game on a promise of more content, without knowing what the rewards are or with what frequency they will be dropped?

Do you both believe that it is fair to say that a valid route to get to this new progression title would have been to do five different steps, including spending 10,000-12,000 units, without any knowledge of it being linked to a progression title?

What do you define as a campaign progression title? Because I don’t believe the majority of the player base’s idea lines up with what the team has announced.

And lastly, do you both think that new content, such as EOP, should have exclusive objectives and rewards for these new title holders within a month or two after release, especially when considering there’s no feasible method (permanent content) to get you to that benchmark?
    Sorry but it's possible to have 3 R4's at this point without having spent real money. Just because it's not "feasible" in your head, doesn't mean it can't happen.

And yes, its fair to base a title on future content. This title isn't meant for everyone to have on release, its meant to have something to work towards. If you had 3 R4's right now, you wouldn't be of this opinion. You can't base a new title on story content alone because it doesn't hold enough weight in terms of difficulty. It's leagues easier than Act 6 even after the nerf plus they increased paradox charges from 8 to 12 which decreases the difficulty even more.
    I agree with you that it is possible without having spent real money, that was never in question - the developers even laid out how it was possible, which I’m taking at face value. I’m disagreeing that a day 1 Campaign progression title is being based off of deals (and seemingly everything from alliances to temporary content). It’s not feasible to attain now, because there’s no permanent content or deals available now.

If you believe that it’s fair to base a title on future content, that’s alright. People disagree, and I think from your previous posts I see your point. I’m always okay with something I have to work towards; I’m of the opinion there just needs to be something to work towards when announcing it. When Thronebreaker came out, I didn’t qualify day 1 or even month 1. I worked hard to get there by taking on content that was available just to rank 3 a 6* Wasp. And I don’t regret it.

I haven’t been on the forums much for you to know me, but I still would be part of this opinion with even 3 r4 champs. It’s not because it affects me personally, it’s because it’s a complete change in the trend and a different set of requirements. I have no clue what will come after this, but I don’t like this trend and I don’t want it now or in the future.

I agree you cannot base a progression title on story content, but basing it on the metrics the game team has used, specifically temporary content and deals, I disagree with. I agree with the team it should be roster dependent, but it should be doable with the content in the game as it currently stands. That is why many say 2 rank 4’s are fair, because it means it is attainable via permanent content such as both Carina’s + Act 7. If there were variants or other permanent content that offered drops of r4 materials, I would say that 3 r4’s are fair.
    The people saying 2 are the ones who are only doing the content they wanted to get to 2 r4s. They aren't doing everything in game that could net them 3 r4s.

Some of those with 2, couldn't do SoP when it came out or Gauntlet because they weren't ready or weren't the right level. That's not Kabams fault as they specifically said this title is aimed at those who have done everything the encompass in their calculations. They know this severely limits the pool of Paragons and that's fine. We all can still work to this title.

This isnt any different than the people that claim there's a gold shortage in game but won't do arena to sustain their gold reserves.

There are ways to get R4 mats but it boils down to that most don't want to do some of those things like top 45 AQ and p1/masters AW.

People want Kabam to fit their own personal progression and that varies for everyone.

Like I said before, new titles going forward should be ones no one can get day one. Put to rest all this mess for the future.
    Then they should make a solo objective goal…
    “Rank 3 6* to rank 4 to earn the paragon title”

Meaning no matter what you’ve ranked in the past you have to do it again. Then probably no one would get the title on day 1(unless someone saved the materials) and everyone starts at zero. The goal never ends and you get it once you achieve thronebreaker.
    Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

. What r4 mats can I get right now? Whatever Carina stuff I haven’t done, and some scraps in act 7. If I got every bit of available r4 materials right now, I might barely have enough for two, but nowhere near a third.

In short, the problem is that they’ve announced a title with no way to get it besides waiting for content or spending.

Unless you have actually done EVERYTHING, then you get no sympathy from me. The title is made for people who are the very best and have done everything to prove it.

That's not true. Even if you have everything done, and bought all offers, the title still isn't for you. Because you would still not be able to get it
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,
    doing everything in game doesn't give you 3 r4
    I did SoP/Guntlet/every single content that gives r4 materials/act7/abyss/carina.
    and I'm half way throw the 3rd one, so the ONLY possible way to get the title day 1 is buying the 1st bundle of act 7 completion, which was optional, and no hints of new title the REQUIRE the bundle, so people could act accordingly (wait until they got the unit before completing the act).

so before saying same thing over and over again replying to every single one with valid argument, learn how to do math and double check before saying BS.

P.S. I'll not reply, just to stat facts rather than stat crab just to be kabam white knight.
    I don't care that much to waste tons of hours waiting to respond to every single counter argument to my opinion, since either ways, I don't give that crab about 10% more chance for l3 potion and 0.05% for t6 basic fragment from daily crystals.
  • MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 157 ★★
    Kabam I think this title should require 2 rank 4 6 stars, we cant go back in time and do those events.
    The community would be more happy this way and it is still hard to get 2 r4.
  • DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,
    I did SoP/Guntlet/every single content that gives r4 materials/act7/abyss/carina.
    and I'm half way throw the 3rd one, so the ONLY possible way to get the title day 1 is buying the 1st bundle of act 7 completion, which was optional, and no hints of new title the REQUIRE the bundle, so people could act accordingly (wait until they got the unit before completing the act).

so before saying same thing over and over again replying to every single one with valid argument, learn how to do math and double check before saying BS.

P.S. I'll not reply, just to stat facts rather than stat crab just to be kabam white knight.
    I don't care that much to waste tons of hours waiting to respond to every single counter argument to my opinion, since either ways, I don't give that crab about 10% more chance for l3 potion and 0.05% for t6 basic fragment from daily crystals.
    Well he is technically correct. If you did all the content and got every act7 deal, cyber/july4 deal you would have 3 r4s.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I only passed up on the 7.4 10k unit offer. Other then that I’m also not playing in high tier aq/aw with a 14.6k prestige and 150+ 6* I’m 1 r4 from the title with no way to earn what I’m missing. It’s not like I’m leaving my ally of 2 years to chase after fragments. Unacceptable for a company to treat their players like this.

2 r4s is more then acceptable.
  • Its just a waiting game lol. Eventually you will get there. You dont NEED to get the title day1.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Reading though the comments I realised that the sadness I am feeling with this Title is for the EOP objectives alone.
    I couldn't care less about money offers, but I want to pursue content like Para Objectives and be rewarded for my effort. I don't require high end rewards handed out to me freely.

Btw I'm expecting few 6* shards thrown at us just like from free doubloons last year... 😁

Right there with you. Long time I missed content based on title
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    I honestly don’t have any problem with the requirements for Paragon. I just finished my 7.4 exploration last night which gave me the gem that’ll be my second r4 champion. I’m going to try to knockout the rest of my Carina’s Challenges, but I think I’ll still be a few frags short of the third r4.

And I’m okay with that. I don’t *need* to be Paragon on day one. Enhanced four-hour/daily crystals, calendars, and all that other stuff will still be there when I get it a little further down the line. I don’t hate having something to work towards in this game again or that this new title is pointed at the very top of the player base , I honestly enjoy it.

Now comes the part that worries me. The idea that right at launch, there’ll be some content or objectives that won’t be available for Thronebreaker and below. I may be misremembering, and please correct me if I am, but I don’t think there was any content until Summer of Pain (maybe Grandmaster’s Gauntlet?) that barred actual content behind a title. Thronebreaker had been out for a long time at that point. People had lots of time to get the title or be on the verge of getting it, and if they were close they had the tools to get it.

I don’t know for sure that this is what will happen, it’s just a concern I have. I hope I’m wrong and it’s just the standard offers and other perks of the title, at least for a little while.
    DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,
    Just to point out, that even if you bought the offer, that wouldn't still be enough. Unless a F2P player got rank 4 materials on gifting crystals, which is unlikely, or is getting carried in P2W alliances, its not possible to do it.

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

Well he is technically correct. If you did all the content and got every act7 deal, cyber/july4 deal you would have 3 r4s.
    That isn't the case
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

TyEdge said:

. What r4 mats can I get right now? Whatever Carina stuff I haven’t done, and some scraps in act 7. If I got every bit of available r4 materials right now, I might barely have enough for two, but nowhere near a third.

In short, the problem is that they’ve announced a title with no way to get it besides waiting for content or spending.

Unless you have actually done EVERYTHING, then you get no sympathy from me. The title is made for people who are the very best and have done everything to prove it.

That's not true. Even if you have everything done, and bought all offers, the title still isn't for you. Because you would still not be able to get it
    I didn't say you'd get the title lol. I said you'd get my sympathy. But even then there's no big deal with having to wait for a bit while the whales reap their early rewards for, well, whaling.
  • PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54

Pussaley said:

thepiggy said:

Everyone critical of the requirements should be willing to post their roster, AW/AQ rankings, and all endgame content progress (Story, Abyss, Carinas).

Most won't:

Haven't played long enough
    Skip content
    Don't 100% content
    Think Abyss and Carina's are 'cash grabby'
    Don't do Alliance Wars
    Don't do Map 8

I play about 6 years.
    Did SoP and Gauntlet
    Act 7, LoL and AoF 100%
    1 path left of Carina’s vol2. (which will be done next weak)
    Pl1-master alliance.
    Doing map8 since it came out

But me still need 0,5 T3A for third R4. If I didn’t buy Act 7 10k offer then it would be 1,5 T6B and 2 T3A to get the third R4 champ.

What else can you say ?

I can say - what we can talk about players who’s playing less than some players like me when even I can not do the third rank up? And yeah, I don’t buy deals. So the problem, once again, is F2P vs. P2W :)
    Then you missed a unit deal somewhere.
    Unit deal don’t gotta be the condition for the title. Or what next? Pay Kabam 1000$ and get another title?

• DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

no where did he mention (july 4/act7 deal/cyber deals) so he is wrong
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Its just a waiting game lol. Eventually you will get there. You dont NEED to get the title day1.

In a competitive game, they have denied players information that has long term competitive consequences.

Every player who fails to reach paragon by July 4 will fall even further behind due to unit offers and cash offers being markedly different. Just like SOP had points 10-27 locked behind the TB title, they’ve already said EOP will have special objectives and rewards.

They’ve created an emergency for players who want to “keep up” by allowing them to miss the 7.4 offer then creating significance for it immediately after the fact.
    DrDrill said:

Evolves2 said:

Evolves2 said:

FOMO is all it is…

stop spreading lies,

Again, you aren't factoring AQ and AW 🤷