**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing the next Campaign Progression Level: Paragon!

Comments

• BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

That is not the same case as this new title.

I've been running this train steady without a hitch for well over a couple years now, that still doesn't' change the fact that a 2 r4 requirement will be healthier progression in my opinion and at least give some players a buffer. Because 2 r4 champs material is available in game without a question, no need to spend or buy an offer.
    Is that really because you only have 2 ? 😏
    I have 2 t3 alphas and 2 t6 basics. I will have 3 r4's by tomorrow with spring cleaning. This isn't about me. I've actually done all the content in game outside of two carina's. I said that already lol. If you spend and complete content like me its not a big deal. lol

I literally do not think 3 r4's is reason because someone like myself who has basically done everything and spends barely qualifies. So I think it is more reasonable to have 2 r4's because all of the material is there within permanent content and not having to buy offers.
    Kabam gives players one R4 for free in Act7 , so it really shouldn't be any crying..
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Mackey said:

Bottom line is no matter how they set the bar, someone is going to be offended. This isn't something that a great number of people are meant to have the day it comes out. It was the same for Thronebreaker.

Clearly you are missing the point here... it shouldn't be available to everyone, I agree there BUT when they introduced thronebreaker title they had TWO pieces of content that gave the rewards to make 1x r3 6*, meaning people was able to obtain TB on day 1 with some hard work.

That is not the same case as this new title.

I've been running this train steady without a hitch for well over a couple years now, that still doesn't' change the fact that a 2 r4 requirement will be healthier progression in my opinion and at least give some players a buffer. Because 2 r4 champs material is available in game without a question, no need to spend or buy an offer.
    Is that really because you only have 2 ? 😏
    I have 2 t3 alphas and 2 t6 basics. I will have 3 r4's by tomorrow with spring cleaning. This isn't about me. I've actually done all the content in game outside of two carina's. I said that already lol. If you spend and complete content like me its not a big deal. lol

I literally do not think 3 r4's is reason because someone like myself who has basically done everything and spends barely qualifies. So I think it is more reasonable to have 2 r4's because all of the material is there within permanent content and not having to buy offers.
    Kabam gives players one R4 for free in Act7 , so it really shouldn't be any crying..
    If you want the title I can understand the complaints. Especially because we know Thronebreaker offers will be nerfed by a good amount.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

I am totally ambivalent to the new title, and i wont have it day1. I like working towards it.

I think the major sticking point with most players on the cusp is that Eternity of Pain/ July4 offers may be locked behind the new title, with very few/ no way to bridge that gap before that timeframe.
    That said, it is what it is and eventually we wil get there.

One fix could be to make the offers + prizes objectives-based (like Carina’s) that are triggered when a player hits Paragon. Offers trigger on completion of specific content already. That kind of thing would be incentivizing. Of course, you could always follow the BF/CM approach that was so popular when TB was introduced. ;)

Dr. Zola
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 216 ★★
    The issue here is the difference between 2 and 3 r4's. 2 is "too little" and 3 is "too much" but my main criticism towards this title is that you needed to complete content that isn't available anymore to get the title. So many players became TB through that event and after that many of those players have completed major milestones in content that contribute to r4 materials. But I'm no time traveller. I can't get the resources I need because I didn't do something a year ago. I can't go back and fully explore SOP. I can't go grind 10k units before act 7 so that when it came around I could buy the "exploration" package which is more or less a rank up package. I can't qualify for a top alliance for months because my prestige gate keeps me from doing that so I get bottlenecked for the resources. even still I'm sitting in a fairly competitive alliance and have little to no chance of getting another rank 4 any time soon.

Another thing that boggles my brain is some people deny that it isn't heavily benefitting spending players and shafting FTP players. Yes, advantage should be paid out to those who contribute real money towards it but the advantage of the purchase is why people will buy what they do. If I want a 6* nexus and I have the will to spend my money I go buy it because I get a 6* nexus. The advantage is the nexus NOT a progression towards a title. If you're buying something you should only be buying what you get and not some add on BS that comes out later. Essentially you either shaft your players by making r4's too hard to earn and bottlenecking the title or you increase the chances of getting an r4 and shaft players who spent their hard earned money. The real solution here in my opinion is make EOP permanent. Make the prerequisites EOP completion and act 7 completion with 2r'4's for the title. That way if you 100% both act 7 and EOP you have access to the title and it is a display of skill. I know nothing will come about it but regardless of situation there will be disagreement. Going to reiterate it's pretty pathetic if you think fairness should be bought and not provided to players. I don't think everyone deserves the title from day 1 but I do think that if you put effort into this game and you use your precious time that you deserve some payout too. And that doesn't mean 100% of the entire game to get access
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

Another thing that boggles my brain is some people deny that it isn't heavily benefitting spending players and shafting FTP players.

I haven't seen a single person deny that spenders benefit from their spending and no, F2P is not being shafted.

F2P mindset tends to lean to hard on your concept of "being shafted" because you don't have what spenders have. F2P and spenders are not the same. If you want to be equal to spenders, you have to a lot more work. The game needs revenue so someone will always benefit if they're willing to spend.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

DrDrill said:

for the people who comparing this to TB title introduction,
    back then, no matter where you are in the game, if you explored act 6, you will get your first r3 no matter what (main complain was about RNG factor in choosing first r3).
    in here, even if you finished everything LITERALLY, you still won't be able to acquire the title.
    if you want to make the argument similar, the act 7 offer should be permanent, not 24h offer.
    this way, doing everything will give you the title, otherwise, it won't.

also, exploring act 6 probably costed ~4k units if you don't have best counter.
    this title, it will cost you at least 40k units Act 7 offer = 10k / 7 abyss path = 24k / various challenges= 5k /
    gifting + AQ+AW+July4 ...etc
    so it better be worth it (probably not)

Before the nerf no way you could explore act 6 for 4K units. I would have put it up with abyss for spend.
    Original Act 6 was brutal. Especially when considering most rosters at the time. I'm still pissed those of us that explored it before any changes never got a separate title for that.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

DrDrill said:

for the people who comparing this to TB title introduction,
    back then, no matter where you are in the game, if you explored act 6, you will get your first r3 no matter what (main complain was about RNG factor in choosing first r3).
    in here, even if you finished everything LITERALLY, you still won't be able to acquire the title.
    if you want to make the argument similar, the act 7 offer should be permanent, not 24h offer.
    this way, doing everything will give you the title, otherwise, it won't.

also, exploring act 6 probably costed ~4k units if you don't have best counter.
    this title, it will cost you at least 40k units Act 7 offer = 10k / 7 abyss path = 24k / various challenges= 5k /
    gifting + AQ+AW+July4 ...etc
    so it better be worth it (probably not)

Before the nerf no way you could explore act 6 for 4K units. I would have put it up with abyss for spend.
    Loads of people did abyss for way less than 4k. It was a much easier path to TB than exploring act 6.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Still no word about this issue.

Tomorrow drops the money cleaning event deals, and some people will buy another rank 4 champion just for the sake of this title.

Last thing you need now is to change the requirements after selling the product. So if we don't get any news about this till tomorrow, I can assume that nothing will change and that this issue will be going forward

I have my doubts it will change. It didn't change last time, and the feedback was on par.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    maybe if next time Kabam makes it 10 R4s, so noone has it on day one... people will realize the goal is to set a bar, and judging where you are compared to that bar on day 1 isn't the poiint, but rather its a goal along the journy.

Tomorrow drops the money cleaning event deals, and some people will buy another rank 4 champion just for the sake of this title.

Last thing you need now is to change the requirements after selling the product. So if we don't get any news about this till tomorrow, I can assume that nothing will change and that this issue will be going forward

I have my doubts it will change. It didn't change last time, and the feedback was on par.
    This is a whole other issue, not comparable to the situation with the TB title.
    Literally the same. A new benchmark is introduced, people protest the requirements.

Literally the same. A new benchmark is introduced, people protest the requirements.
    The requirements that Kabam itself said aren't enough to obtain the title. Introducing the title like this would be against their own words
    I'm sorry, where did they say anything besides the requirement is what it is? If they never intended it to be 3 R4s and Act 7, they wouldn't have announced it. Bottom line is, some people will have it when it comes out, and some will have to wait. That's no different than anything else. It's not a travesty. It's how the game works when something is introduced.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

The requirements that Kabam itself said aren't enough to obtain the title. Introducing the title like this would be against their own words
    I'm sorry, where did they say anything besides the requirement is what it is? If they never intended it to be 3 R4s and Act 7, they wouldn't have announced it. Bottom line is, some people will have it when it comes out, and some will have to wait. That's no different than anything else. It's not a travesty. It's how the game works when something is introduced.
    They very specifically said "if you did this, this and that, you will get enough. So that's why we are releasing the title". Very first post, the announcement itself. And no, it isn't enough, so therefore the title shouldn't be released yet

They very specifically said "if you did this, this and that, you will get enough. So that's why we are releasing the title". Very first post, the announcement itself. And no, it isn't enough, so therefore the title shouldn't be released yet
    At the moment it's released? No. Hence the part about not everyone getting it right away. Keep doing those things and you will. Is everything a mission against spending?
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Bit late to the party. I'm a thronebreaker with 0 6r4. I understand the title and what it's trying to achieve. My expectation would have been similar to thronebreaker where if you complete all the story content then you'll have the title. Extra exclusivity I also understand but would suggest making the requirement 2 x 6r4. Am motivated to achieve it, may take me a while, but putting the message after the 10k offer wasnt good. If I knew this was coming I would have postponed my completion of 7.4. Having r4 material coming soon sounds promising but in reality it's going to be judged on how much e.g. 1 t3a or 300 t3a fragments.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    Kabam, you want to make some real money. Put out a Thronebreaker daily and include T6B and T3A shards.
    TyEdge said:

I think they should make a title just for you and your asinine view. Only requirement for you is to pay your way to the title.

This is very much like TB. People didn't like the requirements then and you don't like them now. There is zero difference.
    If you’re obtuse, there’s no difference at all. If you exercise an ounce of critical thinking, you realize that there’s an enormous difference. Thronebreaker required one champ, not three. The ability to get the resource was in-game from the moment it was announced. It was announced four months after new content and two months after July 4.

This was announced two months prior to July 4 and before summer content with gated rewards. It was announced one month after the required content, and it was never disclosed how significant the act offer might be for the new title right around the corner.

You can have a t6b and a t3a right now. If you’ve already cleared act 7, you have no way to do anything to use those two catalysts. They’re literally unavailable in any meaningful quantity.
    Saying it's prior to July 4th in the middle of April is a bit of a stretch.