**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mystic awakening gem: Who to use on?

Ola,

I got myself a mystic awakening gem during cyber monday and I have no idea who to awaken, mainly because I have zero sig stones to put in the champ. I already have a scarlet witch at sig 70. I have rank up material for another mystic r5. Here are the options:

Voodoo
Magic
Dormammu
Strange
Iron Fist

I want to use the champ to clear act 5 and other special content. I already have a strong attack team for AQ/AW, but I could use a good AW defender. If I had loads of sig stones I would go for Voodoo, but now im thinking about Magic. What are your thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 107
    q25e97bjbdfv.png

I forgot GR is also an option
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Definitely do not use that on Iron Fist. DS should be avoided too at this point. I would use it on Voodoo personally.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Voodoo is good even with out a ton of Sig ability but idk how he is as a defender.
    I don't have magik awakened but I know she use to be the go to Boss before the AW changes and diversity.
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    Magic would be your best bet for awd. They releasing more champs to counter her but she not obsolete and she is also really good for attack and use in story. Voodoo is good but he's not a good defender at all.
  • Magik or Voodoo all day long
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    magik or voodoo
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Voodoo, unless you intend to put one of the best attackers in the game (Magik) on defense.
    Thanks for the replies people! Obvious its between voodoo and magic. I like them both, but as far as i understand voodoo needs a high sig level to be amazing and what i read here is Magic very good in attack and defense. I think its a difficult choice and as the gems are hard to come by I want to make the most out of my awakening. Champ wise, but also as game changer in my current situation. Maybe ill wait a month to see what happens..
  • MrBirnixMrBirnix Posts: 71
    where do you read that Vodoo needs a High Sig level?
    Magic does need many Sig levels to be an amazing defender.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I still stand by Voodoo if you are going for Act 5 completion. Magik is solid though too for questing with. However, if you want a good defender for war then Dormammu or Magik are better options. But I think you are right in waiting a month. You could pull a lot of sig stones in the mean time and see who you like better and who to use it on.
    IJsmuts wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies people! Obvious its between voodoo and magic. I like them both, but as far as i understand voodoo needs a high sig level to be amazing and what i read here is Magic very good in attack and defense. I think its a difficult choice and as the gems are hard to come by I want to make the most out of my awakening. Champ wise, but also as game changer in my current situation. Maybe ill wait a month to see what happens..

MrBirnix wrote: »
    where do you read that Vodoo needs a High Sig level?
    Magic does need many Sig levels to be an amazing defender.

Im not sure, its just in my head that i think i heard this somewhere, maybe seatin on YT. I know that awakening him is changing him like day and night and always assumed he needs high sig level to get the best from him. But good point, ill check his sig level
    Thawnim wrote: »
    I still stand by Voodoo if you are going for Act 5 completion. Magik is solid though too for questing with. However, if you want a good defender for war then Dormammu or Magik are better options. But I think you are right in waiting a month. You could pull a lot of sig stones in the mean time and see who you like better and who to use it on.
    IJsmuts wrote: »

Thanks, ill surely consider voodoo. I just pulled magic and stil need to rank her up. Ill play with both this month to see who i like most, good one.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Coming from someone who has both at 4/55, Magik sig 40 and VD sig 80,
    (My 4* versions are both R5 sig 99)
    I think Voodoo is the better one to awaken IMO.
    Unless you need or want magik for defense. Limbo is beneficial for attack, but not necessary.
    However, Voodoo awakened is night and day. Even at low sig.
    Voodoo in my opinion is the best champ in the game. He can do so many different things.
    edited November 2017
    Stewman wrote: »
    Coming from someone who has both at 4/55, Magik sig 40 and VD sig 80,
    (My 4* versions are both R5 sig 99)
    I think Voodoo is the better one to awaken IMO.
    Unless you need or want magik for defense. Limbo is beneficial for attack, but not necessary.
    However, Voodoo awakened is night and day. Even at low sig.
    Voodoo in my opinion is the best champ in the game. He can do so many different things.

Thanks, appreciate your input as a voodoo/magic veteran post!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Bro u need to at least rank Magik up! If I could have a team of just her as 4* (even unduped), I would only play with her. The power control is unreal.

If it were up to me, I would wait to see if u get a dupe from your next 4-5 4* crystals, then decide. Voodoo duped is actually reliable sonewhat, and Limbo has helped me a lot in questing believe it or not. The only thing that stinks about her ability is that it means she gets to spend AW time on defense which means she doesn’t get to quest or attack
  • JeepettiJeepetti Posts: 79
    Bro u need to at least rank Magik up! If I could have a team of just her as 4* (even unduped), I would only play with her. The power control is unreal.

Agreed. Love the power control

If it were up to me, I would wait to see if u get a dupe from your next 4-5 4* crystals, then decide. Voodoo duped is actually reliable sonewhat, and Limbo has helped me a lot in questing believe it or not. The only thing that stinks about her ability is that it means she gets to spend AW time on defense which means she doesn’t get to quest or attack

Thanks bro! Just pulled magic a few days ago and im short of t3b 😭 she will be ranked up soon. I will wait what happens next 4* crystals. If i not pull one of them i think ill awake voodoo and rank 5 him. But i do really like them both so i hope i can dupe one of them and awake the other