**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is Blade overrated?

So I believe that blade is overrated and the only reason people like him is due to youtubers hyping him up.

I think Blade is reliant on his synergies and/or bleed to be a “god tier” champion. Yes he has good regen, if your opponent bleeds. His danger sense only works on 3 champions that I know of without any synergies.

The only good thing he has going for him is his regen and we don’t even know how it is at the 5* level since it is bugged.

What are you thoughts? I want to go for him as a featured because I have sparky but I don’t really see why he is so hyped.

Comments

• ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    wish i had him as a fie star
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    edited November 2017
    I love him at 4/55. He is my favorite champ. The only issue with Blade is that aggressive AI will corner you quickly if you try to heal up to 70%. I'm not complaining, just stating why his regen is less useful than many people would have you believe. You can make the argument that the hp recovered while blocking more than makes up for this. He is a god send when fighting Magik/Dorm/Mephisto/Jugg and/or villians in war.

Edit: Against defensive AI, you can stay at 70% HP.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I have my unduped 5* blade at r3, and a buddy of mine has his duped 4* at r5. I put him in almost god tier after fighting a magik boss in war. rest of his abilities solidify god tier
  • I love him at 4/55. He is my favorite champ. The only issue with Blade is that aggressive AI will corner you quickly if you try to heal up to 70%. I'm not complaining, just stating why his regen is less useful than many people would have you believe. You can make the argument that the hp recovered while blocking more than makes up for this. He is a god send when fighting Magik/Dorm/Mephisto/Jugg and/or villians in war.

For villain champs you need that synergy with ghost rider. That takes up a slot for war and I may need a power control champ or poison immune not bleed.
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    I think he's amazing and in an AW attack team of Blade, GR and Stark Spidey...there isn't much that can stop that team.

The villain Danger sense is insanely necessary. So many villains on AWD that he can slice thru. Ultron doesn't regen, no limbo for Magik, Dorms degen doesn't proc, etc.

And as one other said, sometimes it's actually tough to heal him when you want due the the aggressive AI.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Yea he’s extremely overrated. He’s hyped up because most people playing loved the Wesley Snipes portrayal, and because he destroys magik (the actual most overpowered champ in the game) with little to no skill/strategy required.

Good overall champ. Big advantage over a few champs. Disadvantaged against all immunes. Pretty good against the rest.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Blade is too overpowered. He needs to be adjusted.

Why? Usually people that don't have him complain!!! He is perfect to counter villains with the synergy with Ghost Rider, which some people use for AQ.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Why? Usually people that don't have him complain!!! He is perfect to counter villains with the synergy with Ghost Rider, which some people use for AQ.

Pro-tip: The ignore feature is glorious
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Rektor wrote: »

Pro-tip: The ignore feature is glorious

I tried.... I couldn't resist lol
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Wrong.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I think he's amazing and in an AW attack team of Blade, GR and Stark Spidey...there isn't much that can stop that team.

The villain Danger sense is insanely necessary. So many villains on AWD that he can slice thru. Ultron doesn't regen, no limbo for Magik, Dorms degen doesn't proc, etc.

And as one other said, sometimes it's actually tough to heal him when you want due the the aggressive AI.

I don’t run stark with him but degen still triggers vs dorm war boss with just ghost rider. Magik still procs limbo maybe 2-3 times against a war boss though it is incredibly easy to solo her now. I’ve done so 4 times in the last 2 weeks with a 5/35

As an aside to people saying his regen is bugged and too op, I’ve onle seen the infinite regen occur a couple of times. My power drains accordingly.
    Osteotome wrote: »
    I love him at 4/55. He is my favorite champ. The only issue with Blade is that aggressive AI will corner you quickly if you try to heal up to 70%. I'm not complaining, just stating why his regen is less useful than many people would have you believe. You can make the argument that the hp recovered while blocking more than makes up for this. He is a god send when fighting Magik/Dorm/Mephisto/Jugg and/or villians in war.

For villain champs you need that synergy with ghost rider. That takes up a slot for war and I may need a power control champ or poison immune not bleed.

I take path 6 in tier 1 so I usually bring Voodoo, Blade, Dorm. If I do any other path I bring GR. For AQ I bring Voodoo, Blade, GR (when war attack isn't happening).
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    he sucks if you play against him. With iceman, a few hits and he's dead. no armor
    zero7 wrote: »

to have danger sense active against juggernaut, don’t you need the synergy with dormammu?

Someone else would have to confirm since I always use a synergy.
  • pooldeadpooldead Posts: 10
    edited November 2017
    do it
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    zero7 wrote: »

to have danger sense active against juggernaut, don’t you need the synergy with dormammu?

Dorm synergy makes danger sense active against mystics
    GR synergy makes danger sense active against all villains.

So either would work
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★

he's also the guy who thinks SL is op and needs to be nerfed. better to just ignore these type of comments.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Can we please stop trying to get useful champs nerfed? It's insanely annoying. Don't forget, there has to be counters to all these nodes that kabam comes up with, such as node 24 in war. Also new content will probably be much more difficult.
    This is not the same as pre 12.0 scarlet witch that could kill anything with a crit team with 1 sp2.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I have him as a 4-star, awakened.

I don't think he's overrated in the sense that his abilities are really effective against the characters a bleed-based champion can encounter. Regen is always useful, and his is reliable to proc. Also, his ability to shrug off debuffs is good utility. A player who wants to use Blade can be effective.

But my thing is this: I think the meta of this game right now is either maximum burst damage or power control. Blade doesn't deal enough damage to be insanely useful in all endgame content, IMO. Doesn't mean you can't use him -- again, the regen is useful. Means that Star-Lord or AA's DPS is still something i'd prefer if I need significant damage done, and Magik's nullification and power lock are also more useful
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    “Only regen” plus bleeds better than Gwenpool and mystic god defender counters? Okie dokie
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    edited November 2017
    OP yes he is totally overrated , so no need to change him he is perfectly fine as is
  • OsteotomeOsteotome Posts: 51
    edited November 2017
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    “Only regen” plus bleeds better than Gwenpool and mystic god defender counters? Okie dokie

Lol why don’t you read the entire post. He’s reliant on synergies (for your mystics) and bleed. Without those on a bleed immune node or champ he only has regen. Lmao

Edit: you must be high on taking your unduped blade to r4
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    The only people who make the case that Blade is overrated are those that don’t have him.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Osteotome wrote: »
    DHCVoLt wrote: »

Lol why don’t you read the entire post. He’s reliant on synergies (for your mystics) and bleed. Without those on a bleed immune node or champ he only has regen. Lmao

Edit: you must be high on taking your unduped blade to r4

Ah so that’s why you trolled my other thread, you sure must feel sore for not getting Blade. I already completed LOL by the way - with Storm. Good luck with your run.
  • Fluffydragon2Fluffydragon2 Posts: 109
    To sum up blade:

Blade is a better version of x23 and wolvie!!!!!
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    You're crazy.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Yeahhh how anyone can say Blade is overhyped is beyond me.

Solid bleed, powergain on bleed, danger sense , shrug off debuffs, regen if duped and stun off l3....

Good all around balanced champ. The only reason i can think of someone wouldnt like him is because they dont have him.