**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Whom to awaken with generic 4 star gem?

Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
edited November 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I have a generic 4 star awakening gem. At the moment I have only quake sig20 at r5. Got few R4s. I would like to know if I should use generic 4 star AG on my champs or should I wait. Kindly input your views with your reasoning as it would really help. Thank you

Whom to awaken with generic 4 star gem? 57 votes

Iceman R4
26%
CapWW2Danicb94Mrbeast6000XillymanZane22CallmelaFleurThawnimRavenrob_33MasterTroller42TheOneAndOnlyNanimal79TurbulentUrFaceKUROLanceRu28Brandonraps 15 votes
Rogue R4
3%
FrossstTheMarauder53 2 votes
Wolverine R1 (just got him)
54%
StavelotXotestakKML15WrongswordGround_Round1TheLazyKingSpity68mum_m2Saiyanvg2782buffajrAfridYouCantSeeMe2K1lltasticSuperman69AjisdopeStark78AlfaIAmNotUrMomGreenstrokeThecurler 31 votes
Vision AOU R4
1%
Cassy 1 vote
Thor R4 (older thor)
5%
FilmScorpionSixJaydubs611 3 votes
Angela R4
1%
CoderKnight69 1 vote
Green Goblin R4
1%
DOKTOROKTOPUS 1 vote
Yondu R4
0%
Elektra R4
3%
BigTrump2017adqqedfyvr 2 votes

Comments

• K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Wolverine. Rank him up, and you're good.

I still use him as one of my mains for AQ/AW. His regen is beastly. You can use him to smash bosses like nothing, even if they're bleed immune, you can just fight until timeout, lose half health, jump back in, and have his regen get you back to full health for the kill. Just never use his specials. Always maintain a full special meter for best regen.

• Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I haven't added an option of- wait on using that generic awakening gem. You can write in comment if you feel waiting is better. I'm not very compelled to do it. I need the best for the gem. Thank you.
    In the hindsight just a brief info. I have completed act 4 but not yet explored. RTTL stuck at chapter 3.5. could explore master monthly event God Of Arena 100% (this month was my 1st master exploration). Do arena grinding sometimes.
    edited November 2017
    I'd suggest using the gem now, to be honest. You do have a nice roster to choose from there, and 4* gems are going to start appearing more frequently as they move more forwards with rolling out 6* champs. The fact that it's a generic gem helps you right now, though. Food for thought.
    Guys it would be really helpful if you could post your reasoning as well. I'm confused between Wolverine, ice man and rogue and even waiting for someone even more worthy. Please post your insights along with voting. Thankyou
    I have Rogue at r4 4*, and I also have a mutant awakening gem I've been sitting on, so there's that. Her sig really just allows her to heal more potentially landing a critical on her sp1. It's not really that big of a game changer. Wolverine awakened gets another heal which triggers (I think. I've had him duped for AGES).

Wolverine gets the most use out of that list if you awaken him, and rank him up. Iceman doesn't require being awakened to be a beast.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    Wolverine because he is a sustainable champ for aq and questing, he keeps regenerating health and that is of great value when you consider the price of health potions.
    I take the debuff immune path from Map 5 and even on day 5 it is a breeze with wolvie because you can block some hits and he regenerates the damage taken.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Wolverine all the way.

Please dont waste it on Ice man. I feel like I have to repeat this over and over again, but I can't stress it enough. Ice Man is amazing unawakened, and you can literally awaken him in every fight by landing an L1.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Wolverine is the only champ listed that is worthy of a generic gem. They are pretty rare. Use it wisely.
    I'm still surprised you have wolverine at only rank 1... The instant I got him I ranked him up as high as possible. Unduped he's still a monster with his regen, the second you dupe him, he's just crazy.

Blown away
  • Iceman R4
    Iceman is more worth it than Wolverine. You're lucky to have him so I would awaken him
    Iceman is more worth it than Wolverine. You're lucky to have him so I would awaken him

NO.

Just because people want him for his incinerate immunity does not mean he is worth an awakening gem, especially a generic one, at that. Wolverine is the best choice.
  • Thor R4 (older thor)
    If you decide to awaken Iceman, you should wait until December 4th, at least. IF the game gets a million facebook likes... and IF you plan to buy the 4-star crystal for a dollar... then you might get an Iceman. He'll be one of two mutants in it, along with Archangel. There's a one in twelve chance of getting Iceman. That's why I'm not awakening my Archangel right now, with the generic gem I just got. Now that I think about it... you should just wait, and hold the gem until December 4th. (If you plan to buy the crystal that MIGHT be offered). You might get someone even better than Wolverine.
  • Wolverine R1 (just got him)
    Wolverine is by far the best for someone at your level. He has the best regen in the game and very good bleed damage (especially if you have deep wounds mastery), and that makes him your best bet for finishing the long paths of Act 4 and use in AQ which is crucial to improving in the game.

I noticed you didn't mention anything about AQ/AW but you basically need to be in an alliance pushing AQ and AW to improve significantly and Wolverine will be your go to AQ champ for a long time. Higher level players that already have good regen champs value iceman highly for all his utility like immunities and coldsnap preventing evades but wolverine is better to dupe first, and iceman still gives you a lot of value un-duped.
    Wrongsword wrote: »
    Wolverine is by far the best for someone at your level. He has the best regen in the game and very good bleed damage (especially if you have deep wounds mastery), and that makes him your best bet for finishing the long paths of Act 4 and use in AQ which is crucial to improving in the game.

I noticed you didn't mention anything about AQ/AW but you basically need to be in an alliance pushing AQ and AW to improve significantly and Wolverine will be your go to AQ champ for a long time. Higher level players that already have good regen champs value iceman highly for all his utility like immunities and coldsnap preventing evades but wolverine is better to dupe first, and iceman still gives you a lot of value un-duped.

Thank you for your advice for my problem. I'm in an alliance which play map 5 twice a week rest map 2 or 3. I use hood R4 (duped), ice man R4 (unduped), GG R4 (unduped) or rogue R4 (unduped) for regen as my primary attackers in aq and aw as well. I do pretty ok, scoring almost 400k+ in map 5. I'm really torn between rogue, ice and Wolverine to awaken plus I'm sure I would do 1 round of SL in forthcoming arena. So 4 characters and 1 awakening gem. Would like to hear more advices.

Thank you all for taking out time to read and reply.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Iceman R4
    Wolverine would be better for AQ, but unduped he is still viable if you are running Map 5 only twice per week.

I think Iceman is your best choice. He has a higher prestige when awakened than Wolverine when awakened.