**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Valuable is Warlocks Sig?

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have a 6* R3 Warlock after completing act 7. I also pulled a tech gem.

Should I put the gem into him? I also have around 50 generic sigs and 10 tech sigs.

I’m mostly looking at it for battlegrounds defence.

I was looking at the other tech champs, and I’m not sure who else I would give the gem too. Prolly not ghost, if I ever pull her, because I don’t play her or use suicides.

In short, how good is warlocks sig? Does it need to be high to make him a good defender?

How Valuable is Warlocks Sig? 85 votes

Don’t use the gem
84%
DrZolaSighsohardPerfectExamplezuffyallinashesSpeedbumpMagrailothosbm3eppsCropDusterpseudosaneThefire13yuwIamTryingMyBestCaptain_2goodGoddessIliasCap366Grootman1294RakeYoungSavageBreaker69Aldac 72 votes
Use the gem, but no sigs
5%
ISO8PotatoFilledPizzaEtm34KablLemon_Man44 5 votes
Use the gem and tech sigs
4%
FrostyWine_LoverBlizzard28BrickWad_TD44 4 votes
Use the gem and all sigs
4%
Spity68cx23433PowerOfACandleDilmes77 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Don’t use the gem
    not worth it. he doesnt really need it.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 216 ★★
    Don’t use the gem
    He already has so much running for him and the damage from sig isn't extremely high in all matchups. The only place it really gets use is competitive modes like war and battlegrounds but in regular content, he already shuts down healing which is more than enough. Better champs to use it on for sure
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Don’t use the gem
    One of my top three 6* wants...grats. But even with that, save it. Guardian, nimrod, ultron, etc would be better uses, not even considering Ghost.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    Don’t use the gem
    It’s not nothing, and it certainly makes him a better defender. But I would save it for a tech who relies
    on the awakening.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    Don’t use the gem
    My r3 Warlock is awakened and I have never felt like I've benefited from it. However, what I've heard is that it does affect matches vs. other summoners more than it does champions in story content or the like. I've heard that it can be useful in AW, for example. I think we all know how annoying it can be when you face a Warlock on your opponent's team.

Even so, I don't recommend you use your gem on him.

However, there is a third option: simply wait and see how Battlegrounds evolves, especially in terms of rewards. If BG becomes the place to rank highly at in order to earn a lot of great rewards, then his sig might become more valuable there than it is right now that we don't know much about how BG will finally look like or play.

I think the chances of his sig becoming incredibly valuable are pretty slim but I also don't think it hurts to wait and see. At the moment, his sig doesn't matter anyway since you're not playing for anything in particular in the beta. You might as well save the gem for now and see if it's worth putting it into him when BG finally launches in its proper form down the line.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Don’t use the gem
    I've done fights in War where the defender had Liquid Courage active. I utilized Warlock's Heal Block Mechanic along with Awakened Ability to get the defender down. My Warlock is sig 120. Even in a 0 hit fight, the Poison from Liquid Courage did 90% of the damage and his awakened ability did 10%. It is so incredibly meaningless to the outcome of a fight that it's ridiculous. Most fights it will account for less than 2% of total damage. Only do it for Prestige and probably don't do it for Prestige lol
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Use the gem, but no sigs
    Meant to vote use the sig and tech gems but clicked the wrong one. The degen is extremely valuable if you plan on playing a good amount of battlegrounds. Before that game mode I would’ve said nah, but after it I find it incredibly good
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Meant to vote use the sig and tech gems but clicked the wrong one. The degen is extremely valuable if you plan on playing a good amount of battlegrounds. Before that game mode I would’ve said nah, but after it I find it incredibly good

Was gonna say this. In majority of BG rounds you’ll be able to reverse the willpower healing from bleed or armor break, and get significant uptime on the degen.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Etm34 said:

Was gonna say this. In majority of BG rounds you’ll be able to reverse the willpower healing from bleed or armor break, and get significant uptime on the degen.
    This was similar to my thought process.

Battlegrounds is my new favorite mode (as long as the launch is good) and I play a lot of it already.

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I'd save the 6* AG for Guardian or Ghost, despite I got my Warlock duped thru crystal pull, I found no obvious weakness using him before the dupe. But like what Ercarret advised, you can wait and see when the BG is formally released.