**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New paragon challenges in ‘Pain is Eternal’

Hello everyone,
I am an average player who’s in a plat 1 ally and does map 8 aq and spends occasionally (eg I only spent £13.50 on spring cleaning for a generic 6* awakening gem). I would like to say how happy I am with the game so far apart from excluding content from those who don’t spend money or don’t have the time to grind arena for units and be in a top ally but have completed all the hardest challenges of the contest (eg carina’s challenges, abyss and 7.4 100%). I would like to ask you kabam to maybe not change how to obtain paragon but change how to obtain the next progression titles in the future. As you said you want to test summoners not just by story mode but by other hard content as well to obtain the titles so I would like to suggest you make the requirements different. I think it would be better if you made the requirements not by having a certain rank of a 6* champion but by completing certain content. For example instead of making paragon for people who have 3 rank 4 6* champions you should make it that summoners should have to do x amount of carina challenge and/or complete/100% the abyss. This will allow all summoners to be able to complete this without spending huge amounts of money or units so there is no ‘pay wall’ to new content because if you exclude people they will stop playing.
Thank You for reading
Dtom456

Comments

• ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Op's solution sounded oddly specific, I'd have to guess it fits where he currently stands in the game.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

Op's solution sounded oddly specific, I'd have to guess it fits where he currently stands in the game.

Exactly what I was saying!
  • DtomDtom Posts: 6
    I see what everyone is saying and it makes sense but to complete abyss and do most carina challenges doesn’t require a big roster it just takes some revive farming. I just thought that it doesn’t matter how much you spend it will still be a challenge to get but it’s just a suggestion and if everyone doesn’t like it I’ll take back what I said
  • redsoxpatsfan89redsoxpatsfan89 Posts: 162
    Personally from my experience, 100% abyss would be significantly more daunting than 3 6* r4. The amount of units you would need if your not rev farming, could probably get a lot of rank up mats going forward to progress. And if 100% abyss was the requirement, i probably wouldnt get paragon for a few years as im probably waiting for 7* before i try to 100% it lmao. Its too much of a commitment for me. Now thats just my personal opinion though
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Dtom said:

I see what everyone is saying and it makes sense but to complete abyss and do most carina challenges doesn’t require a big roster it just takes some revive farming. I just thought that it doesn’t matter how much you spend it will still be a challenge to get but it’s just a suggestion and if everyone doesn’t like it I’ll take back what I said

I think what you and many are missing is that this title was purposefully aimed at a very small portion of the playerbase intentionally. There are players who literally only have alliance stuff to do month to month because they have caught up on all content. This title was meant to have others' who don't fit that criteria right away, to grow into it as DNA3000 said.

Many people have said they want this or that to be the requirements, mostly because it fits their progression level and it would make them Paragon day 1. Kabam wants to give people something to work towards. Yes people could have paid their way to 3 R4's but that's besides the point. We rarely see people claiming that TB is and RNG money grab like when it was announced because materials are more and more available. We'll see that happen with Paragon as well.
    Then again im not ftp either by any means. So definitely a bit biased here. But if i was ftp, even less likely i would touch abyss (outside of my initial run i already did)
    It’s just that they’re blocking out content and rewards for those who aren’t paragon next month and me and some people I know have no way to get this new content next month
    Dtom said:

It’s just that they’re blocking out content and rewards for those who aren’t paragon next month and me and some people I know have no way to get this new content next month

No content has been blocked out. There are some objectives that will only be available to Paragon but that's it. EoP is for TB and up.
    I will agree it is behind a paywall for the average or even above average player to get there day 1. Longer term its not. The only 2 ways to get there is ofcourse be one of the ones that has been able to grind for it without spending (very few players) or spending to get there. But thats just for early on. If you have the average or any large amount of players get there on day 1, then at that point is there really a point to the title. Just my view on it
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    The only thing I'd change is 2 r4s instead of 3. Act 7 exploration gives 1 r4 and players can find a way to gather the other r4. Three is just too much and an exploit. The title is for conquerors and imo they are many that I believe have proven themselves in the game with Abyss exploration, story content etc but won't qualify because it's 3 r4s. It favors the spenders whether they are hardcore players or not. But I get OP to some degree...in my books if you earned your Abyss Collector profile pic, completed all the story content you're a conquerors no matter what Kabam says, you just don't have the money and paragon title to show for it yet lol.
    I would agree with that, if they had something like either 3 6* r4 or 100% abyss. That definitely makes sense to me. Because i agree if you 100% abyss, then in my opinion, you have done more than enough for it.
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Dtom said:

Hello everyone,
    I am an average player who’s in a plat 1 ally and does map 8 aq and spends occasionally (eg I only spent £13.50 on spring cleaning for a generic 6* awakening gem). I would like to say how happy I am with the game so far apart from excluding content from those who don’t spend money or don’t have the time to grind arena for units and be in a top ally but have completed all the hardest challenges of the contest (eg carina’s challenges, abyss and 7.4 100%). I would like to ask you kabam to maybe not change how to obtain paragon but change how to obtain the next progression titles in the future. As you said you want to test summoners not just by story mode but by other hard content as well to obtain the titles so I would like to suggest you make the requirements different. I think it would be better if you made the requirements not by having a certain rank of a 6* champion but by completing certain content. For example instead of making paragon for people who have 3 rank 4 6* champions you should make it that summoners should have to do x amount of carina challenge and/or complete/100% the abyss. This will allow all summoners to be able to complete this without spending huge amounts of money or units so there is no ‘pay wall’ to new content because if you exclude people they will stop playing.
    Thank You for reading
    Dtom456

Yes for act 8’s title they should make it 10 r5 6*s
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    edited April 2022

Dtom said:

I just love it when FTP players say things like “ you can just grind for potions and revives” as if everyone has hours upon hours to grind the game. News flash the average player has neither the abundance of time or wealth to invest in this game in order to be anywhere near the top.
    I absolutely agree with this. If the OP is in plat 1, running map 8 and has fully explored abyss then he is miles ahead of an average player and is indeed a beast of a top tier player. It does suck that he is not able to get a new progression title when it drops but it is just a game and he will get there. Albeit that the spenders will get a ahead a bit in the meantime but the game has been progressing that way for a while now.
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Disagree strongly. The rank up requirement is fine, just make it more reasonable, like 2 instead of 3 rank 4’s

2 would of been the sweet spot

Polygon said:

Disagree strongly. The rank up requirement is fine, just make it more reasonable, like 2 instead of 3 rank 4’s

2 would of been the sweet spot
    And some would say 1 is. Others would qualify if it was 4.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    It's not perfect, but progression requirements based more on rank ups are theoretically more inclusive compared to content gating.

To get TB (or Paragon), need rank up materials that players can get from (a) complete permanent content, (b) buy offers, (c) do AW, or (d) complete special events, all over different time scales. Having a bare minimum act completion and level requirement, ensures that players can't entirely just achieve it by completing (b).

FTP can maximize (a) and (d), over a longer time scale.
    Whales can maximize (b) and (c), on a shorter time scale.
    High skilled players can maximize (c) and (d), potentially in a medium time scale.

If a player hates Abyss or other content, they can minimize that and replace it instead with more (b) and (d).

This method theoretically makes the funnel into the next progression level the biggest it can be.

Side note: I know people are going to point out the lack of R4 rank up material at the moment, but that is something that is solved by time.

People not wanting to complete content is not something that will be solved by time or offers.
    While players can argue that only those who 100% Abyss deserve this progression title, that makes no sense from Kabam's standpoint to completely block the progression of players who won't 100% Abyss ever. That would lead to player disinterest, loss of players, and loss of revenue.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★

i'd go so far as to say "average" players aren't sitting around in Plat 1 alliances doing Map 8 smh.

Yeah, isn’t Platin 1 like Top 50 Allies? He‘s pretty much Top 1% of the players and not considered „average player“. Up there it’s almost impossible to compete without spending … if he doesn’t, maybe his Alli mates spend for him.

I personally think Act 7 + 3x R4 is more fair and average than 100% Abyss + Carina Challenges as requirement.
  • CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 275
    "you should make it that summoners should have to do x amount of carina challenge and/or complete/100% the abyss. This will allow all summoners to be able to complete this without spending huge amounts of money or units"

In what universe can you 100% abyss and dona bunch of carinas challenges without spending huge amount of money or units?
  • A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    Creeseaz said:

"you should make it that summoners should have to do x amount of carina challenge and/or complete/100% the abyss. This will allow all summoners to be able to complete this without spending huge amounts of money or units"

In what universe can you 100% abyss and dona bunch of carinas challenges without spending huge amount of money or units?

You can grind revives and potions. This has been done by competitive FTP summoners.
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    When Paragon title was announced i thought i'd like it more when there was like a threshold of a certain prestige level instead of specifically 3 R4 champs. Meaning if for example you can only form 2 R4s but have some sig 200 high prestige R3s you can also get there...but maybe this would be too complicated.
    For me it will take a while to get 3 R4, i have the rank up gem from 100% Act 7 but only 1T6B and 1T3A, but thats fine, other players are simply further in the game, i still have to do some carina challenges and 3 paths of abyss. I see it more as a motivation to finish this content faster. Anyway those rank up materials will get more available in the future so more players will get to Paragon
    edited April 2022
    When I said 100% the abyss that was silly of me because not many people will complete it and I just thought that an alternative way to get the new title would be better so if you did everything kabam threw at you you would be able to receive the title as well. But as I can see everyone disagrees so maybe they should keep it how it is. However I think they should hold off releasing challenges and extra rewards for paragons until the controversy of it is over.