**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How's Shang-Chi in current meta

Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
Since the skill class is very good now with gr8 Champs like nick, aegon, kingpin, falcon, moleman and hitmonkey, what would you say about shangchi. He has slow which is unique for skill Champs and cleanse, which other skill Champs kinda do it better. His damage is awesome but I don't know where he would be useful per say. Is he still worthy of a r4 as a 6* or would you prefer another skill over him.
I recently pulled him as a 5star and was wondering if he would be a good champ since my skill roster is pretty stacked(all 5stars tho).

Comments

• Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 513 ★★★
    He is good pretty much anywhere you take him. Outrageous damage, with very useful and relevant utility. I r3d my 6* then maxed my 5* too so I could still use him while he's tied up in other things. I use him in war very often.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    IMO he's a top 5 skill champ
    Where in top 5 depends on the match-up
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Extremely useful in current meta and in every game mode, esp. with the present defender tactic (UA). I pulled him recently and have learned a lot about his vast kit. Everyone knows about his slow, but here is a playlist where he is also a great counter to autoblockers (e.g., Peni, MODOK) and to debuff timers (e.g., encroaching stun, now you see me, Void, etc.).

• Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★

Best skill in the game lol. Can counter an absolutely absurd variety of matchups and his only real weaknesses are miss (very rare) thorns (even rarer) and an abysmal heavy reach (just use his stun strike). Busted character, surprised no one talks about him tbh

That is what. I created this thread because almost Noone talks about him now a days. I thought is there anything that I am not seeing.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    He's a swiss army knife definitely. I feel though that if you can't parry/stun and knockdown, he isn't very usable for fights that will take more than one SP2. definitely used him in 7.4 a number of times but that's all that I've really completed since I got him as it hasn't been too long. I find some of his best uses are against champions where it is really difficult to consistently get an in against. He's not the best Skill champ but I'm certainly glad I ranked him up. I think most of the other champions mentioned are better more often than him but he's a little more versatile. I wish his Cleanse mechanic was better like getting a Chi Charge each time a Debuff is cleansed.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    RicoShay said:

If anything with the current war tactic he's seeing more use in modes he previously didn't. Shang chi is a swiss army knife that can do a lot more than meets the eye

This.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

He's a swiss army knife definitely. I feel though that if you can't parry/stun and knockdown, he isn't very usable for fights that will take more than one SP2. definitely used him in 7.4 a number of times but that's all that I've really completed since I got him as it hasn't been too long. I find some of his best uses are against champions where it is really difficult to consistently get an in against. He's not the best Skill champ but I'm certainly glad I ranked him up. I think most of the other champions mentioned are better more often than him but he's a little more versatile. I wish his Cleanse mechanic was better like getting a Chi Charge each time a Debuff is cleansed.

note that once you use his sp2, all his wushus get reset so you can activate them again w/o a heavy. But be careful b/c sp2 will also make you lose any unused cleanse charges.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

Since the skill class is very good now with gr8 Champs like nick, aegon, kingpin, falcon, moleman and hitmonkey,

He's only behind mole and nick the rest you mentioned are below him

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    I think the reason why people don't use him much even tho he is an excellent champ is because of his ramp up time , not that it takes too long but many other champs can finish the fight in less time.

He is busted no doubt and has a ton of damage and utility but i personally think his ramp up is the main reason . Same goes for Guardian .

Ramp up champs aren't the first choice for anybody , unless they are the best option for that fight.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Love him. Has a ton of use's and is incredibly fun to play.

Anything but a slow champ
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

I think the reason why people don't use him much even tho he is an excellent champ is because of his ramp up time , not that it takes too long but many other champs can finish the fight in less time.

He is busted no doubt and has a ton of damage and utility but i personally think his ramp up is the main reason . Same goes for Guardian .

Ramp up champs aren't the first choice for anybody , unless they are the best option for that fight.

This is true for a lot of people. My first consideration when putting together a questing team is whether Apocalypse, Cable, and AA can do the path. If so, I'm taking them as they're usually the fastest option. There are a lot of great champs that I'm just only going to choose when I feel their specific kit is excellent for the matchup. Shang-Chi fits in there for me but is still regularly used.