**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• App crashing continuously
    In-Game Name: Lord_Kendall
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Device Operating System: IOS
    OS Version : 14.7.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: ?updated yesterday
    Game modes: Alliance quest
    Took three times to log in due to crashing. When I get in, I have lost half health in AQ due to crashing. Phone is Hot now. Started occurring after last update. By end of March, beginning of April, could not get into any fights due to over heat and crashing.
  • The_only_leaderThe_only_leader Posts: 112
    In-Game Name: DowntownMonster
    Device and Model: iPhone 12 Pro
    OS Version : 15.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular & really good Wi-Fi
    Game Version Installed: most recent update
    Game modes: Alliance quest, quest, side quest, event quest, arenas
    Description:

The game has gotten way worse with this new update. Control are not allowing to do anything sometimes yet the AI and keep going. For instance, when trying to block my champ will not be able block or dash back and just stands the and takes a punches to the face. Or on a 4th light or medium ending combo my champs stall giving AI an open window to attack me which they do every time. These control inputs issues are getting very frustrating and preventing me from moving forward in certain content. When will this be fixed?
  • The_only_leaderThe_only_leader Posts: 112
    This is seriously messed up! I can’t dex back when I need to and taking mass damage from heavies! When is this going to get fixed????
    Please explain why our champs are only affected and not AI? AI works just yet we are suffering!
  • MSJMSJ Posts: 8
    @BaDMiTTeNs Yes, all iphones
  • What a mess. Lags. Dropped inputs. Crashes. I can’t take much more. I’ve been saying that for a while but it’s really real this time.

I know this post doesn’t follow the format for bug reports but honestly I’m tired or making the effort. The game is broken. That’s all. :(
  • Velvet3lvisVelvet3lvis Posts: 5
    iPhone 13 pro max latest game and iOS.
    Aq:
    1. Parry doesn’t work. Same issue as always
    2. Blocking doesn’t work. New this week. I can block and the defender hits me like I’m not blocking
    3. New to me, dexing is sporadic
    4. During a fight with spidy, section 3 path 1: I had him down to 15% health. I used apocalypse and had gained 100% evade failure. I timed out. When I attempted to fight again, spidy was full health and apocalypse evade failure was at zero.

I’ve dealt with all the issues for months without speaking up, but this is beyond ridiculous.
    These issues are also occurring on my iPad.
  • KznKzn Posts: 23
    Version 34.1 is by far the worst update yet for ongoing issues. Stop releasing new content and put everyone on fixing the game. Enough is enough!!
  • In-Game Name: Hassle the Hoff~1
    Device and Model: iPad Pro (10.5 inch), Model Number MQF52LL/A
    OS Version : 15.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi only
    Game Version Installed: most recent update (shows 1210961 under settings)
    Game modes: Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Side quest, Variant Quests, Event quest, arenas (essentially all mode when fighting)

Description:

Controls go unresponsive at random times and are not allowing me to do anything. For example, today when going through Polar Opposites Chapter 3.2, it would not register when trying to dash back, block, or hold down the block button while the AI continues to fight as usual. The issues seem MUCH worse over the past 7-10 days and I have burned through many Revive potions and even Units on content when I was having these issues late into some of the Monthly Event quests. In the later and much tougher content where one mess up (or in this case, the game not working properly), will cause you to lose a Champion.

Questions -
    1) When will this be fixed?
    2) When will I be compensated on the lost units and revive potions?
  • Bio_boostedBio_boosted Posts: 27
    U/N “Cheeky Third”
    iPhone 8+
    Latest os
    Cat n mouse heroic, BW enemy C3 Q2
    My champ 5* Jubilee

Fight crashes every time at the first parry opportunity. 5 times in a row so far. 14000 health penalty.
    AQ currently not affected.

General obs; creeping lag getting worse as the days pass. To the point where frames are missing, then frames are stalled. Often at the parry point. This causes the game to recognise a pause and the restart button appears. At a bad moment this gives the enemy the advantage where they were at a disadvantage. This IS affecting AQ and all other parts of the game.

Also, AQ hulk enemy stun (M7) is something like 6+ seconds long. This gives the AI a chain and effectively an auto kill. Despite my mastery vs stun at max.
    And now the game logs straight into arena with no menu displayed, there is no way to exit this. Once a round of arena is played the menu returns.
    Most odd!

Just got the new iPhone 13, thought going from android to apple would make a difference, but it’s not for better. Nothing but dropped inputs for all content. Parry is not registering, dashing back fails and you always get clipped. Constant issue with punishing a special attack, simply whiffs through the champ, yet they can annihilate you immediately after a special. Incursions mechanics are buggy, I’ll tap the screen and sometimes the champ just stand there and gets slammed. Is anyone else having these issues?

With iPhone 8+ I’m just not getting this severity of issue. I did months and months ago but it went away. Intermittently it’ll play up like this but rarely.
    What I’m getting is described above. It’s bad but not unplayable

Oh, forgot. If I’m playing on a charging phone it affects the game. Frames stagger and parries are corrupted due to this and lag.
    Arena largely seems unaffected to bugs, for me. Can’t see why this would be but to a coder maybe it means something.
    I agree with the recent posters, Kabam I think most of us wouldn’t cry if you took new content away for a while and just threw everything at this issue for a month or two. Just rerun some of the early themes for fun while it’s seriously looked into.
  • 달음악달음악 Posts: 2
    edited April 2022
    In-Game Name: 달음악
    Device and Model: IPhone 13 Pro Max.
    Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) :iOS 15.4.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellullar
    Game Version Installed: Latest game version
    Game Mode: Black ISO Market
    Description of the Issue: I bought 1 Tier 5 Catalyst for 3 Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts on the Black Market. However, the Tier 5 Catalyst was not in the inventory. It was the same last week. Tier 5 catalysts are very difficult to obtain. I am so angry at this situation.
    Please take action.
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
    I wouldn’t put my email up in public like this. This isn’t the right place to ask Kabam for a refund
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 632 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike recent update has really gotten worse with the control issues. I can not do anything while the AI beats me to death. Very unfair and beyond frustrating.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: v 34.1.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? I am having troubles with my game crashing at random points. Either I will load it up and during the logging in/loading it crashes, or I get in the game start a quest and fight one fight then it crashes, Sometimes I get in three fights then it crashes. It also does this during arena, champion upgrading, or AQ. There seems to be no mode which it doesn't happen in. This has become more of an issue and started around the time Psychoman came into the game and wondering if there is any checking into this.
    Is anyone else receiving extra long stuns? I’ve got all the possible stun reduction masteries but this month it’s like I’ve got them all turned off. I’ve been playing this game seven years, I’ve only seen this at much lower levels or against specific characters or nodes.
  • Tmanner_18Tmanner_18 Posts: 1

In-Game Name: Tmanner_18
    Device and Model: IPhone 12 Pro-max
    Device Operating System: IOS 15.4.1
    Cellular or wifi: using WIFI
    Game Version Installed: 34.1.1
    Game Mode: Arena- Specifically the event Deliciously Maple one
    Description of the Issue: I was fighting with Taskmaster vs. Black Widow D.O. And the game crashed at the beginning of the fight when I went to parry. Then I restarted the game and it let me pick the fight back up and it did the same thing the second time. The 3rd time I opened the game it didn’t let me fight and counted it as a loss. This is frustrating as I am unable to earn Rewards (specifically Doubloonies and gold pool crystals).

Please resolve ASAP.
  • Sammy0421HSammy0421H Posts: 92
    edited April 2022
    Hey there Kabam, I got directed here after making a post about battlegrounds crashes

It was pretty interesting actually, it only crashed after I was a good 15 seconds into a fight, made me pretty mad sometimes, and it didn’t happen for the first beta, or even the first half of this one. Happened probably 10 of the 30 or 35 fights i did

iPhone 7 (S?)
    Latest iOS a 7 can get
    AT&T
    I only play BG on WiFi,
    Latest game version
    edited April 2022
    In-Game Name: KzN
    Device and Model Iphone 12 Pro
    Device operating System: iOS 15.4.1
    Cellular or wifi: Cellular and wifi
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest and incursion
    Description of Issue: Opted-in to the New Input system - Beta version, all was going well while testing in story mode on wifi.

Tried alliance quest fight on cellular internet Black Widow Claire Voiyant versus Ronin and experienced input issue again. BWCV dashed backward in the middle of a 5 hit combo which gave Ronin enough time to throw Special 3 and destroyed me.

Tried an incursion on wifi, blade vs magneto red, held block in the middle of a fight and blade dashed forward. That error was enough to lose my remaining health. New input system has helped issue but more work is needed yet.
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Device and Model: Iphone 11
    Game Mode: Everywhere
    Description of Issue: Framerate and Beta input system

Game framerate has been terrible for past few days, from inconsistent frametime to flat on fps drop below 5fps. Please take a look at it.

Plus this new input system works only worse compared to old one. Not only parry is not consistent but sometimes heavy attack and special button does not register at all.
    edited April 2022
    Kzn said:

In-Game Name: KzN
    Device and Model Iphone 12 Pro
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest and incursion
    Description of Issue: Opted-in to the New Input system - Beta version, all was going well while testing in story mode on wifi.

Tried alliance quest fight on cellular internet Black Widow Claire Voiyant versus Ronin and experienced input issue again. BWCV dashed backward in the middle of a 5 hit combo which gave Ronin enough time to throw Special 3 and destroyed me.

Tried an incursion on wifi, blade vs magneto red, held block in the middle of a fight and blade dashed forward. That error was enough to lose my remaining health. New input system has helped issue but more work is needed yet.

To add to this, input issue seems worse in harder content because the number of inputs per fight is higher. For example AI in Uncollected event quests will charge at my champ allowing 1 input to parry and then required number of inputs to attack. (I like to stun and attack rather than intercept)

Where as Cavalier AI will hold block meaning I have to use one input to block to get the AI to charge then and then another to input parry (2 inputs) and then the inputs to perform attack. Sometimes before using block input, I have to create a decent amount of distance to gauge the AI charge to time the parry correctly by dashing back first and then blocking and parrying resulting in 3 inputs before attacking.

Fighting in this manner requires a lot of inputs and it seems the game engine falls behind the amount of inputs to the point where does a random movement in order to catch up on the inputs.
  • PochitoPochito Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Chris1794
    Device and Model: Iphone8
    Device Operating System: IOS 14.8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: BOTH
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Alliance War/ Alliance Quest/Arenas
    Description of the Issue: About 2 Months now, during fights it gets very laggy most of them during specials and intercepts, also im getting random crashes most of them during the arena spring event.
  • Mr_heckerMr_hecker Posts: 19
    edited May 2022
    IGN: Mr_hecker
    Ipad 5th gen
    4g, WiFi
    Game version: 35.0.0
    When ever I play aw my game crashes and when I log back in i either die or loose big amount of health.
    And there are still parry issues in aw
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    In-Game Name: Belphégor
    Device and Model Iphone Xr
    Device operating System: iOS 15.3.1
    Cellular or wifi: Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 35.0.0
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of Issue: Opted-in to the New Input system - Beta version. My opponent was able to break my block (on hold)

https://youtu.be/hIgWu922eH0