**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Add new difficulty level to back issues?

Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
edited May 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
We have classic and variants back issues but there is nothing in between. It would cool to have an in between with better rewards then classic but not as good as variants.

Add new difficulty level to back issues? 74 votes

Add new difficulty level?
39%
GK_23Duo_KulioGoddessIliasANGRYEAGLEDenslo500Dart1981phil56201OGAvengernOuxEtm34Ironman3000MauledSwarmOfRavensBe_SomebodyPhillip14233LpooAgent_X_zzz0casual0BigManOnCampusSparty6 29 votes
Keep back issues as is?
47%
GroundedWisdomxNigCarnage313zuffyWakandas_Finestjdrum663Total_Domin01Panchulon21CupidCap366RockyshockyDenzel116doctorbPikoluSnakepMobile_P0tat0Dwhalen8554KnordyJollyHawkmgj0630 35 votes
Make classic reward better and content a little more difficult?
13%
TendersquadKennadoGmonkeySunRiceEwell65SSS69Carracho01Ace2319AdjeriusBarri8NihalFayaz 10 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Deder80Deder80 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Also, I think the new difficulty level would a good warm to the variants as well. We go from super easy to pretty hard. If you compare to event quest. Players get used to playing lower level content before jumping into uncollected or especially cavalier content. It would awesome to have back issue content that get us ready for variant content.

You should only see Variant content as having one difficulty. The "classic" one is just there for nostalgic purposes, and is not really a difficulty level of that content.

You’re Missing my point. And classic and variants are a level of difficulty all in its own. I do appreciate your input.
    OGAvenger said:

I totally thought about this post all wrong when I first read it

I think there should be a new difficulty level but not in-between classic and variant. Now one above variant….

That would be cool. However my thought process in the creation of the new content was for a lot of the summoners who can not do variants yet the classic is far to simple. We need a back issues that comparable to masters or uncollected event quest with appropriate rewards for back issues to help the summoners progress in the back issues. Good think none the less @OGAvenger and thanks for your input.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Deder80 said:

OGAvenger said:

I totally thought about this post all wrong when I first read it

I think there should be a new difficulty level but not in-between classic and variant. Now one above variant….

That would be cool. However my thought process in the creation of the new content was for a lot of the summoners who can not do variants yet the classic is far to simple. We need a back issues that comparable to masters or uncollected event quest with appropriate rewards for back issues to help the summoners progress in the back issues. Good think none the less @OGAvenger and thanks for your input.
    What if I told you master or uncollected event quests are the in between back issue content you're asking for.

If you can't do variants yet I guarantee there's content you've got available to complete that puts you closer to being able to.
  • The_only_leaderThe_only_leader Posts: 112
    I for one would love to have some back issue content that’s comparable to uncollected event quest with different rewards. Classic is way to easy and I’m not ready for variants yet. So something in between would be rad! Great idea @Deder80
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Keep back issues as is?
    They’ve said this a million times. There is no middle because that’s not what variants are for. It’s nostalgic and the variant for more endgameish players. It’s not really for end game end gamers. But it’s the bridge to help you get to end game.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

But Variant's aren't targeted for those type of players. It is, supposely, targeted to endgame player's.

If you want content to progressing players, Variant's are likely not it, and that's not the intention.

Variants definitely aren't targeted at endgame players, if they are then it's pretty poorly targeted.

I'm sure they may have started that way but they've pretty much been getting progressively easier to the point where endgame clearly isn't the focus anymore, which isn't a bad thing.

They’ve said this a million times. There is no middle because that’s not what variants are for. It’s nostalgic and the variant for more endgameish players. It’s not really for end game end gamers. But it’s the bridge to help you get to end game.

I get that. And and I am saying is add new content that is harder then classic and easier then variants to help players warm up to variants. They did for special quest, It would be nice to have 3 back issues.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Deder80 said:

I get that. And and I am saying is add new content that is harder then classic and easier then variants to help players warm up to variants. They did for special quest, It would be nice to have 3 back issues.
    It’s called story content and monthly EQ
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    I wouldn't mind a new difficulty, but would rather see it be a higher difficulty with rewards geared towards 6*'s. The current 5* based rewards have pretty much lost relevance with my account.
    phil56201 said:

I wouldn't mind a new difficulty, but would rather see it be a higher difficulty with rewards geared towards 6*'s. The current 5* based rewards have pretty much lost relevance with my account.

I can dig that to… I didn’t think of that before making this post. Good think Lincoln😁
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Keep back issues as is?
    If there's a new difficulty, I'd hope for something harder than Variant and not easier.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    A new difficulty above variant would be awesome.

There’s little point in one lower than variant as accounts it would be aimed at still have Act 5 and 6 that still need to be done, alongside fully being able to complete UC MEQ.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Keep back issues as is?
    A harder difficulty with better rewards, absolutely, but I don't believe that is what is being asked here. This subject comes up often in forums and has been answered in last as variants meant for players late in the game to end game content to have something to do. The in between level already has tons of content they can do.

A harder difficulty with better rewards, absolutely, but I don't believe that is what is being asked here. This subject comes up often in forums and has been answered in last as variants meant for players late in the game to end game content to have something to do. The in between level already has tons of content they can do.

I get there is “other” content that is in between… however that’s not back issues. I’m strictly talking about back issues content. It would give players more content and access to more champion rank up material. Honestly if they make a harder back issues or something in between variants and classic, I think it would be awesome and fun to see some new back issue content.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Wait I assumed we were adding something above variant not in between classic and variant disregard my vote lol this is a terrible idea
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    There’s a thing called act 5 of story mode. It’s exactly what you need. You get shards, 5-star AGs and all kinds of catalysts. Enjoy.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    Deder80 said:

I get there is “other” content that is in between… however that’s not back issues. I’m strictly talking about back issues content. It would give players more content and access to more champion rank up material. Honestly if they make a harder back issues or something in between variants and classic, I think it would be awesome and fun to see some new back issue content.
    What even would the rewards be for this in between difficulty? Do you mean 3* rank up gems and few 4* shards? Who will this help? It’s only going to take developers time and have people complain that kabam is out of touch with player base for such bad rewards. If any they can just buff the rewards of current variants.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Deder80 said:

You should only see Variant content as having one difficulty. The "classic" one is just there for nostalgic purposes, and is not really a difficulty level of that content.

You’re Missing my point. And classic and variants are a level of difficulty all in its own. I do appreciate your input.
    I'm not really. I understand you want an easier version, which has been discussed multiple times. Bascially, it's an endgame content, meant to be hard. If anything, it can likely become harder just to have a rewards increase as well.

But as I explained, the classic difficulty isn't a real difficulty of that content. You shouldn't see it as one
    Variants haven't been end game content since V1. They're basically stuff for people in between UC/Cav/TB. The last one was a weird outlier in difficulty but every other one is basically just treading water cake.
    Deder80 said:

People at this level already have a plethora of things to do. You're likely not done with act 6, act 7, LoL, Abyss, and the Variants themselves. You don't need something new, you need to finish what you have.
    Deder80 said:

You don't need more if you haven't finished what's there already. That's ridiculous.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★
    Voted Yes before reading cause I assumed that after so much time you would be asking for a harder version with better rewards.

No, you don't deserve to get an easier version.