**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Storm buff is *Chef’s Kiss*! Thanks, Kabam!

ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
Hi, folks! Just a quick commentary on the return of the buff program — hopefully — with the OG Storm buff!

This buff is exactly what I would have dreamed for this character: Omega Level-mutant DPS, but basically no immunities.

I understand that some people don’t like that, in a game with nodes. But personally, I only care about lore accuracy. I don’t want Storm being immune to bleed or poison, for example, stuff like that.

I understand stuff like Slow and Glancing, other attributes, make characters more attractive. I get it. I like utility, too…but not always.

Storm in the comics is a textbook Glass Cannon. I am totally fine with the kit being much the same, with Shock immunity. (I would have put some Coldsnap resistance in there on the base kit, but it’s not a dealbreaker.)

But yeah. I freaking love this buff, the revamped animations, and I hope that others do as well — if we can get just a few more OG buffs like this, I will be soooooooo happy.

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

I agree. Just threw her into a Caltrops quest and she did great even at r1. Might have to rank her up
    https://youtu.be/hTk1wtY9DjI

I agree. Just threw her into a Caltrops quest and she did great even at r1. Might have to rank her up

There is Big Boi DPS in that kit, for darn sure
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 263 ★★★

I do that with Cable. He just doesn't stop the degen. Got the idea from Karate Mike.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm impressed so far.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,480 Guardian
    Aleor said:

I'm very disappointed they didn't change her basic hits except heavy (wich basically nerfs her as horseman with less hits, lol).
    Also I believe she did have some magic skills, so they could give her something like nullify on specials, if utility is an issue. Or at very least make her prowess immune to nullify or passive or increase special attack vs buffed opponent. Just anything. I see this like a moderately lazy buff

Storms sig ability at sig 65 gives 135% shock potency, and her heavy is 2 hits. This means that the 2 shocks you can put on will do more damage than the 4 previously you could put on before. The only thing worse about the heavy rn is that you can't chain heavies in the corner.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Wait is she buffed yet or not ? I am confused because my storm is the same she has always been
    JessieS said:

Wait is she buffed yet or not ? I am confused because my storm is the same she has always been

New update is out now, at least for iOS
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Aleor said:

I'm very disappointed they didn't change her basic hits except heavy (wich basically nerfs her as horseman with less hits, lol).
    Also I believe she did have some magic skills, so they could give her something like nullify on specials, if utility is an issue. Or at very least make her prowess immune to nullify or passive or increase special attack vs buffed opponent. Just anything. I see this like a moderately lazy buff

Storms sig ability at sig 65 gives 135% shock potency, and her heavy is 2 hits. This means that the 2 shocks you can put on will do more damage than the 4 previously you could put on before. The only thing worse about the heavy rn is that you can't chain heavies in the corner.
    For that you need to have buffs, wich may be difficult with many opponents or nodes.
    And yes, not being able to spam heavy in the corner is disappointing. I also have some issues with her heavy spacing. Overall I'm less likely to use her after the buff mostly because of her new heavy
    Beewee said:

I don't know maybe its just me but her kit seems bugged cause her heavies dont pause the prowess a lot of the time. Really making me enjoy her a lot less

I haven’t had that issue, but I do know that sometimes, stuff like that does happen. I would maybe ask about it in the Bugs forum, see if anyone else is noticing it — totally serious. Some people have had real problems with input and lag, for example, while some people didn’t

ESF said:

Omega Level-mutant DPS, but basically no immunities..

She's immune to shock - and can also be immune to incinerate & cold-snap with the Stormx Synergy -

With the possibility of being 100% resistant to bleed as a horseman - AND possible poison resistance with Prof x / Colossus.

That's the possibility of 3 immunities + 2 resistances in the perfect setup - on top of all the damage.

Nutty.
    Ha! Yes. I usually try to offer kit feedback without Synergies, but you are absolutely correct, obviously — and people can/will take advantage of those, to be sure.

It’s a pretty neat buff
    (That wasn’t me who dropped the Disagree, @Karatemike415 — not sure why anyone would)
    Wicket329 said:

ESF said:

She's immune to shock - and can also be immune to incinerate & cold-snap with the Stormx Synergy -

With the possibility of being 100% resistant to bleed as a horseman - AND possible poison resistance with Prof x / Colossus.

That's the possibility of 3 immunities + 2 resistances in the perfect setup - on top of all the damage.

Nutty.
    Especially so when you consider that all of those are good champions. Like, there’s no dead weight in that team. When your worst champ is Storm X, who will also be benefitting from multiple powerful synergies herself, that’s some bonkers breadth on that team.

Only downside to it being that both Apoc and Prof. X would need multiple fights to ramp up on for best results. Not many opportunities for that with the current 6 fights + Boss questing standard.
    The funny part to me: You can legitimately get Big Boi DPS with the old Mutant Crit team.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,900 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

I understand people play the game how they play it, and when something changes that they are used to, it’s not always everyone’s preference. I get it, and I am sorry for those who don’t like the animation changes/spacing.

But I absolutely hated those spinning kicks from the original game — they make absolutely no sense, to me. I wouldn’t complain at all if they get rid of them for OG Captain Marvel and OG Scarlet Witch, and the sooner the better. They just make no sense to me other than they were the original animations for the game itself

I need somebody to make one of those big Predator handshake memes with arms that read “reality warping chaos witch,” “weather-controlling mutant,” and “planet-busting space ranger” with all the hands coming together on “awkward little spin kicks.”
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Hi, folks! Just a quick commentary on the return of the buff program — hopefully — with the OG Storm buff!

This buff is exactly what I would have dreamed for this character: Omega Level-mutant DPS, but basically no immunities.

I understand that some people don’t like that, in a game with nodes. But personally, I only care about lore accuracy. I don’t want Storm being immune to bleed or poison, for example, stuff like that.

I understand stuff like Slow and Glancing, other attributes, make characters more attractive. I get it. I like utility, too…but not always.

Storm in the comics is a textbook Glass Cannon. I am totally fine with the kit being much the same, with Shock immunity. (I would have put some Coldsnap resistance in there on the base kit, but it’s not a dealbreaker.)

But yeah. I freaking love this buff, the revamped animations, and I hope that others do as well — if we can get just a few more OG buffs like this, I will be soooooooo happy.

... How do u start a post saying "with no immunities" and then say she is "shock immune"...
    Wicket329 said:

ESF said:

I understand people play the game how they play it, and when something changes that they are used to, it’s not always everyone’s preference. I get it, and I am sorry for those who don’t like the animation changes/spacing.

But I absolutely hated those spinning kicks from the original game — they make absolutely no sense, to me. I wouldn’t complain at all if they get rid of them for OG Captain Marvel and OG Scarlet Witch, and the sooner the better. They just make no sense to me other than they were the original animations for the game itself

I need somebody to make one of those big Predator handshake memes with arms that read “reality warping chaos witch,” “weather-controlling mutant,” and “planet-busting space ranger” with all the hands coming together on “awkward little spin kicks.”
    Ha! Yes!
    Wicket329 said:

ESF said:

LOL For the record, the only thing I would get rid of faster than the spin kicks are the Cyclops/Winter Soldier/Captain America/etc. flip kicks. AAARRRGGHHH
  • That new sp1 animation clipped me good
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    How is it good my max rank three star storm is lower then a ranked3
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

ESF said:

Nutty.
    So storm, apoc, another storm, prof x + colossus/x23/wolverine. They "perfect set up" would require you to bring extra 4 champs, all of wich are overall better then storm. That doesn't look practical at all.
    You do get that the whole theme of mutants is to actually run a whole mutant team so that way they're constantly benefiting each other?
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact her kit feels like it has a major flaw because of the low reach on heavy.

For someone that needs to rely on heavies for refreshing, she will struggle whenever she cant heavy, as heavy countering will not work