**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Static damage Electro vs Mole Man

Hi, couldn’t find a threat regarding this. Just fought Mole Man against Electro. I chose him because I thought he is shock immune so he wouldn’t take the static damage.
But he did.

IMHO this is a logical glitch, because also Mole Man’s description says Giganto Jr. tough monster hide does not conduct electricity.“

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He isn't immune to energy damage, so therefore is logical for him to take damage
  • Options
    edricedric Posts: 61
    Mj3lnir said:

Hi, couldn’t find a threat regarding this. Just fought Mole Man against Electro. I chose him because I thought he is shock immune so he wouldn’t take the static damage.
    But he did.

IMHO this is a logical glitch, because also Mole Man’s description says Giganto Jr. tough monster hide does not conduct electricity.“

Mj3lnir said:

But he did.

Falcon
  • Options
    4Never4Never Posts: 84
    The issue here is that Electo's ability description is poorly worded, which is misleading and causes confusion.

It states:
    "Opponents that make contact with you receive a Static Shock for 38% of the damage they inflicted as Energy Damage. ..."

To say that "you receive a Static Shock", but the damage is not a really a shock (wow, really) but just "energy damage" is unnecessarily complicated, or convoluted. Simply correct the description to say "Opponents that make contact with you receive Energy Damage for 38% of the damage they inflicted." Including the preface of a "Static Shock" description of the mechanic creates the confusion, making players think that shock immune/resistance will counter it.
    Or, what might make more sense is if it was actually a shock effect dealing shock damage, and not change it to energy damage, since Electro is a shock based character.
    "Opponents that make contact with you receive instant (passive) Shock Damage for 38% of the damage they inflicted."

Here is another hypothetical example using similar wording of Blade's parry and bleed ability.
    It currently states: "Well Timed Blocks: 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing X Direct Damage over 2 seconds." This is straight forward to understand.

However, if worded like Electo's ability, it would be like: "Well Timed Blocks: 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing X Direct Damage over 2 seconds, as physical damage." Then players would think that a bleed immune character would work to mitigate/prevent, but actually it wouldn't, because the "Bleed" inflicted is not dealing bleed damage, but just physical damage. lol

Electo's description or type of damage from contact should to be corrected. @Kabam Miike

(Should this be posted in Buges and Known Issues?)
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    4Never said:

The issue here is that Electo's ability description is poorly worded, which is misleading and causes confusion.

It states:
    "Opponents that make contact with you receive a Static Shock for 38% of the damage they inflicted as Energy Damage. ..."

To say that "you receive a Static Shock", but the damage is not a really a shock (wow, really) but just "energy damage" is unnecessarily complicated, or convoluted. Simply correct the description to say "Opponents that make contact with you receive Energy Damage for 38% of the damage they inflicted." Including the preface of a "Static Shock" description of the mechanic creates the confusion, making players think that shock immune/resistance will counter it.
    Or, what might make more sense is if it was actually a shock effect dealing shock damage, and not change it to energy damage, since Electro is a shock based character.
    "Opponents that make contact with you receive instant (passive) Shock Damage for 38% of the damage they inflicted."

Here is another hypothetical example using similar wording of Blade's parry and bleed ability.
    It currently states: "Well Timed Blocks: 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing X Direct Damage over 2 seconds." This is straight forward to understand.

However, if worded like Electo's ability, it would be like: "Well Timed Blocks: 100% chance to inflict Bleed, dealing X Direct Damage over 2 seconds, as physical damage." Then players would think that a bleed immune character would work to mitigate/prevent, but actually it wouldn't, because the "Bleed" inflicted is not dealing bleed damage, but just physical damage. lol

Electo's description or type of damage from contact should to be corrected. @Kabam Miike

(Should this be posted in Buges and Known Issues?)

But Electros static shock doesn’t state it inflicts shock anywhere. So your example of “inflicting bleed” dealing physical damage doesn’t apply.
  • Options

Correct, so why label or describe the mechanic as a static shock, if it doesn't inflict shock?! Saying static shock, implies to players that it's shock damage, as well as, shock damage is also a subset of Energy damage, the same that incinerate is. It's hard to discern what it actually means without testing the fight. Also, saying that you "receive a static shock" or you are "inflicted with a static shock" would have an equivalent meaning to an average player.

It's the reason people take shock immunity against him, but fail, as with the OP. Simply change the description to remove the confusion. It doesn't need to say it's a static shock if it's not dealing shock damage.

And yes, it's the equivalent of saying you inflict or receive a (static) bleed, but the damage inflicted isn't bleed damage, but say physical only, therefore bleed immunity is non-applicable to it. It's quite a nonsensical arrangement.

My other point is that they can make his description much clearer. It would appear to me that they are trying to attract new players, and are trying to reduce the learning curve with the tutorials, player ratings, etc, and also not frustrating players with confusing descriptions would also be helpful. It's a simple improvement.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I agree that the description could get a change, but isn't as hard to understand as it currently is.

Besides, many champions have the same flavor text in their abilities page. The deadpool's for example, have plenty of them. And barely anyone is misreading them for actual abilities
  • Options

I don't see that issue with Deadpool's descriptions. He inflicts bleed and it also deals bleed damage, not something else. It's consistent.