**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can high tier alliance and unit deals not be a mandatory step for the next title

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
Kinda lame that at least for the next couple months (maybe not depending on EoP rewards) that you need to buy unit deals and be in a high tier alliance for the next progression title. It is what it is but I hope this trend does not continue with future titles.

Comments

• Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

So you think that an account that’s less than 6. Months old should be able to obtain the paragon title? I don’t think so.

You guys just want everything handed to you and not have to put in the work to get it.
    This is a game that you grind. No account should be able to obtain the highest rank in a few months.

Why are unit offers awful? You get units free in the game and can grab a lot if you put the time in to generate those units. Between story content, daily objectives, side events and arena.

So you think the account which have done all story content 100% or content which gave r4 mats like SOP,act 7and gauntlet 100% should not get paragon because they chose not to spend????? My own account is more tha 2 years old(mini) and my lot of friends and Ally mates have 5-6 years old account. Ans they are in same boat.

Units comes through various means in game. Many people don't even bother to do arena due to how it has been ruined by bots and how boring it is. Who said we wanted things to handed over in plate.

Act 7 100% don't give that much of r4 mats what a single UNIT DEAL gives by doing a single completion of 7.4 gives. Amping up end game rank up materials in Deals than actual content looks like you good sign ?????Many FTP don't even kee 10k units.

As you said that no account should be able to obtain highest rank in months meanwhile spenders straight up Paragon on day 1. What a irony. There is difference between having advantage and taking out the ability to even compete with.
    Yea I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Kabam to require a unit deal or two to be purchased in order to reach a progression level only suited for the top 1% of the game upon release. Why else are these unit bundles offered? They are incentives for users to purchase for a slight advantage over others who choose not to. I can see your argument as valid if it was strictly cash purchases, but the fact Kabam gave 3 opportunities for unit purchases for r4 mats leading up to the release of the title, and you not taking advantage of them isn’t their fault. EOP arrives this month which will most likely net you the final materials you need to obtain the paragon rank.

That essentially gives folks who spend or unit grind a few weeks head start on the title. I see nothing wrong there.

Maybe I’m biased because I am a paragon title holder on an account that took advantage of two unit deal offerings leading up to paragon.

Thronebreaker was the same way when released. Sure it’s only 1 r3 but back then you didn’t see more than 2 r3s on big accounts.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

2 r4s was too little but 3 is too much imo. I definitely think they should have gave more opportunities to get r4 materials in the last few months that would have made the requirements more realistic

Probably 25% more (i.e. 1.75 t6b and 1.75 t3a) in 10k offer would have balanced things atleast for hardcore game grinders.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

So you think that an account that’s less than 6. Months old should be able to obtain the paragon title? I don’t think so.

You guys just want everything handed to you and not have to put in the work to get it.
    This is a game that you grind. No account should be able to obtain the highest rank in a few months.

Why are unit offers awful? You get units free in the game and can grab a lot if you put the time in to generate those units. Between story content, daily objectives, side events and arena.

So you think the account which have done all story content 100% or content which gave r4 mats like SOP,act 7and gauntlet 100% should not get paragon because they chose not to spend????? My own account is more tha 2 years old(mini) and my lot of friends and Ally mates have 5-6 years old account. Ans they are in same boat.

Units comes through various means in game. Many people don't even bother to do arena due to how it has been ruined by bots and how boring it is. Who said we wanted things to handed over in plate.

Act 7 100% don't give that much of r4 mats what a single UNIT DEAL gives by doing a single completion of 7.4 gives. Amping up end game rank up materials in Deals than actual content looks like you good sign ?????Many FTP don't even kee 10k units.

As you said that no account should be able to obtain highest rank in months meanwhile spenders straight up Paragon on day 1. What a irony. There is difference between having advantage and taking out the ability to even compete with.
    Yea I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Kabam to require a unit deal or two to be purchased in order to reach a progression level only suited for the top 1% of the game upon release. Why else are these unit bundles offered? They are incentives for users to purchase for a slight advantage over others who choose not to. I can see your argument as valid if it was strictly cash purchases, but the fact Kabam gave 3 opportunities for unit purchases for r4 mats leading up to the release of the title, and you not taking advantage of them isn’t their fault. EOP arrives this month which will most likely net you the final materials you need to obtain the paragon rank.

That essentially gives folks who spend or unit grind a few weeks head start on the title. I see nothing wrong there.

Maybe I’m biased because I am a paragon title holder on an account that took advantage of two unit deal offerings leading up to paragon.

Thronebreaker was the same way when released. Sure it’s only 1 r3 but back then you didn’t see more than 2 r3s on big accounts.
    And now you have said it and contradicted your own point.

No title is meant for only specific player base. Rather it's an open opportunity but with with road full of hardships like UC&CAV. Game progression title reflects what a player have achieved and how far one have come. There are lot of obstacles. Not everyone can get to a certain level like others. Everyone have different approach. Getting UC , defeat the Collector. Same for every player. Same goes for Cav.

Unit deals are different than nature cash deals. But that does mean DEALS are better than DOING ACTUAL CONTENT. Deals give a advantage but not a total dominancy (but I'm long run it dominates tho). Many players don't have have 10k units all the time. So you are saying that keeping rank up materials in DEALS than ACTUAL GAMEPLAY is fair for PROGRESSION??
    When TB was announced, Spenders do had ways to get t5cc fast then FTP. But did that take their ability to compete with day ??? No, it did not. There was abyss, act 6 , variants to do. Spender can do one of them or just buy some deals here n there and collect some bits to form a t5cc. FTP have content to do reach the same. Spender had money to reach same goal doing some content and purchasing the way out. Meanwhile FTP and skilled players had content with hardships to reach the same

Do Paragon offers the same?? The day 1 acquirement arises the question of direction of game.

You wanna talk about EOP??? there's no way without spending one can become Paragon. And the introduction of that title and event have like 10 day difference!!! In SOP cavs had ( I was TB already at that time tho) chance to acquire TB to compete in those extra objective rewards.
    Do EOP is same??? No it's not.

There will be a gap between certain player base. Which is totally understandable and acceptable. But remember that gap was mainly dominant in competitive mode I.e ally events . Solo mode was still defination of skill and it's reflections through title was naturally solo defined.

But this gap is widening too much from some last months which not only affects the TOP of competitive mode but also affect solo mode( like Requirements of paragon). In future this type of changes will impact in more n more

Will it be fair to say player in master alliance : Do the act 6 100% first then you will be eligible to receive rewards for your AW season.
    No it will be not fair. Ally mode and solo mode are different in nature.
    Just making it obvious that in solo mode ,you will progress more by buying deals with units or cash than playing the game itself isn't that healthy idea. And now you are suggesting that progression and reflection of solo mode for a player should be gated behind UNIT DEAL!!!!!! That's what I was saying about that there's difference between having advantage by paying your way out and taking out ability to even compete
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    This seems like a reasonable request. New progression titles really should only go live after in game pathways through permanent content are live.

In an ideal world that would have meant EoP (gonna give it some leeway as it sounds like temporary content but will run all year) should have ran for a cycle first and then the title went live next.

Once the unit deal goes live I’ll be able to achieve paragon so this isn’t a sour grapes opinion. This comes from the POV that this is the first title that does not have an ingame path through solo content available to achieve it now that it’s live and I think that’s a poor precedent. At least with TB it could have been achieved with an Abyss run, not even an option this time.
  • PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    It doesn’t have to be so but i think it will still be it, unfortunately.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    You only need to be in top tier aw and buy unit deals to become paragon on day 1. You will get there if you keep playing this game. Why is this progression title so important for you to have day 1? Why not see it as some goal to hit in the future? The title was meant for spenders or top 1% on day 1. Spenders do need incentives to spend. They do keep this game running so free to play players can keep playing new content that is released.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

You only need to be in top tier aw and buy unit deals to become paragon on day 1. You will get there if you keep playing this game. Why is this progression title so important for you to have day 1? Why not see it as some goal to hit in the future? The title was meant for spenders or top 1% on day 1. Spenders do need incentives to spend. They do keep this game running so free to play players can keep playing new content that is released.

So the main question is why Kabam announced that F2P can get this title from day 1 when it actually can not happen? I still can not understand it.
    You don't have to spend to play in a competitive alliance or buy unit offers
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I have free to play guys in my alliance that are paragon. They put more time into the game than most anyone else playing this game. It is possible.
  • PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54

Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

So the main question is why Kabam announced that F2P can get this title from day 1 when it actually can not happen? I still can not understand it.
    Of course I don’t have to. But I am in competitive alliance, I don’t spend money and I am in the bottom of prestige, I have the worst champions pool, less AW attackers, the weakest defense and I am the one who don’t let the alliance be in top20 of AQ. And all because of me and others like me who don’t have to spend :)
    So. If you wanna play in competitive alliance- you have to spend or there will be the moment when you will have to find a new alliance :) that’s the reality. Whether you like it or not.

Competitive alliance for you is?
    For me it’s AQ top30 and AW pl1-master.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

@LilMaddogHT has the title day 1 and is f2p
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 257 ★★

Kinda lame that at least for the next couple months (maybe not depending on EoP rewards) that you need to buy unit deals and be in a high tier alliance for the next progression title. It is what it is but I hope this trend does not continue with future titles.

What is considered a “high tier alliance”?

I play plat4, which I dont consider high. I did not participate in December’s gifting event at all, however, I did finish all content currently in game, and just got the Paragon title.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

What is considered a “high tier alliance”?

I play plat4, which I dont consider high. I did not participate in December’s gifting event at all, however, I did finish all content currently in game, and just got the Paragon title.

We are talking about *f2p* players and their opportunities here.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 257 ★★
    Then it should probanly say “… you need to buy unit deals —OR— be in a high tier alliance…”, since you obvious dont have to do both…
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

I can't say for sure due to comp items but I think there is very good usage of items in high tier wars.
    Yes we don't need to spend like purchasing deals on 4th july to play war. But in reality high tier only very Few FTP survive ( in top 10 apart from BG I don't know other FTP yet)
    There is wide gap especially after introduction of r4s in Aq rankings. Even after scoring nearly 800m we are far behind from TOP 90. Let alone the 45 is dream. So who dominates them, alliances with multiple r4s essentially more 3, and according to you that is reachable for FTP. in prestige race, P2W is dominant. Then again it's parameter of "competitive ally in Aq".
    I don't think Top 10 Aw ally only use 2-3 items per war. Otherwise cost of items isn't that light to sustain
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

I can't say for sure due to comp items but I think there is very good usage of items in high tier wars.
    Yes we don't need to spend like purchasing deals on 4th july to play war. But in reality high tier only very Few FTP survive ( in top 10 apart from BG I don't know other FTP yet)
    There is wide gap especially after introduction of r4s in Aq rankings. Even after scoring nearly 800m we are far behind from TOP 90. Let alone the 45 is dream. So who dominates them, alliances with multiple r4s essentially more 3, and according to you that is reachable for FTP. in prestige race, P2W is dominant. Then again it's parameter of "competitive ally in Aq".
    I don't think Top 10 Aw ally only use 2-3 items per war. Otherwise cost of items isn't that light to sustain
    Item use varies per war. Depends what fights you take, how many you take, and how well you play. Most wars where I don't massive screw up I may use 1-4 pots at most depending on fight load for each champ.

I don't think we have anyone that's been f2p forever but we definitely have people that haven't spent in 6 months to a year at least. We're top 45 AQ and T1 war.

Never said it's easy for f2p or that there are tons of them in competitive alliances, but they do exist. That's kind of the point of a new title though. It sections off a very small portion of players at the beginning and the rest work towards it. Then eventually the group becomes too large and the disparity between the top and bottom of that group too large, and a new title is introduced that sections off the top again.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I disagree with the comment because this is a game so obviously spending factors in. Obviously unfair because its almost forcing you - but the game is still a business and needs to continue. Especially if we want the game to still be around.

I do however feel bad for people who have done everything, hasn't spent and still didn't get paragon on day 1. I think that Kabam should have provided more free opportunities for r4 materials sooner, if anything, opening EoP for just thronebreakers a month or so before introducing the title or something else along those lines.

Act 7 also did not provide enough r4 materials unless those were buying the unit deals and even then.....

Either way, introducing and executing the new title should have be conducted better.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Deadbyrd9 said:

Classic FOMO

Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

So he is like 0.1% of FTP 🤔🤔🤔🤔 scrap the unit deal and show me how much FTP can get to Paragon RN. That's the another aspect KABAM KNIGHTS CANT ANSWER. Amping up rare rank up rewards more and more in deals than content.
    Why are you trying to argue that unit deals are not ftp friendly?
    By definition spending money is not friendly to people who do not spend money. But there is nothing that says this game should be equal for both kind of players. In fact there has to be a big advantage to spending, otherwise no one would do it.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

Deadbyrd9 said:

Classic FOMO

Pussaley said:

Deadbyrd9 said:

So he is like 0.1% of FTP 🤔🤔🤔🤔 scrap the unit deal and show me how much FTP can get to Paragon RN. That's the another aspect KABAM KNIGHTS CANT ANSWER. Amping up rare rank up rewards more and more in deals than content.
    Why are you trying to argue that unit deals are not ftp friendly?
    By definition spending money is not friendly to people who do not spend money. But there is nothing that says this game should be equal for both kind of players. In fact there has to be a big advantage to spending, otherwise no one would do it.
    Unit deals and cash deals are different. I think you are missing that clarification
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

This only looks like a recent trend to people who carefully arrange the facts to make it look that way. Well, you know, in the past this was possible under these specific circumstances sort of thing. But in fact, spending has always conferred an advantage in this game, and that advantage has generally revolved around speed. Spenders get things quicker than non-spenders, all other things being equal. That's the central monetization strategy of the game, and in my opinion it is a good one. You can paywall stuff, where spenders get things non-spenders never get, or you can accelerate spenders, allowing them to get more faster, but allow everyone else to eventually catch up.

It is stupidly obvious to me, that the players who do the most content and participate in the highest alliances and spend the most money will be the farthest along. When you're doing *everything* the most, you have to get there the fastest. The idea that oh, if I complete all the solo content in the game, I shouldn't have to do those other things to reach the very top of the game just as fast as everyone else because that's how the game *should* work, is saying the ridiculous thing that participating in top alliances and spending money provides no advantages at all.

The game needs spenders to survive. What should we give them? The game needs to encourage players to pursue the top performance, both in solo content and in alliance content. What should we give them? I vote speed. Let them get there first, I'm fine getting there second. If someone can find something else to give them that they actually want to have and will chase just as much as they do now, I'm all ears.