**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena AI Parry not from Well time Block

FrydayFryday Posts: 654 ★★★
edited May 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Since the new update and testing out the Beta Input, I have came to this new bug.

In Arena, when I hit into an opponent who is holding block, I get Parried. This is not from the AI preforming a Well Time Block. They were actually holding block and continue to do so when I hit into their block, but the Parry still activated.

This have happened in a number of fights, I have upload some frame by frame screenshoot. Can the Kabam team look into this please.

Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• The_Chump said:

these screenshots are really helpful, but they're not going to do a thing about it. they don't care about how the AI is doing. there was a thread with 100+ comments about an AI change and they went silent. this isn't a bug, but it also might not be intended. but i'll tell you that they're going to do absolutely nothing about it

How is it not a bug. Since when does holding block trigger parry?
    I have to agree. Not sure how this wouldn't be seen as a bug and a pretty significant one
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    The_Chump said:

these screenshots are really helpful, but they're not going to do a thing about it. they don't care about how the AI is doing. there was a thread with 100+ comments about an AI change and they went silent. this isn't a bug, but it also might not be intended. but i'll tell you that they're going to do absolutely nothing about it

i might be confused from the screenshots. i thought that the defender was releasing block then re-triggering it when you went in to attack. a similar thing happens after you whiff an attack, you just always get parried
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★
    It's not a new bug. The AI performed reparry just like we're able to do. It has happened to me a couple of times before but this update. I'm not sure if this AI behavior is normal but should they be able to do that at all. I don't think so. We've seen so many weird AI behavior for months now and called them out several times but Kabam has said nothing about it.
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    Looks like the AI has learned how to re-parry. Working as intended.
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 654 ★★★
    So I get occasionally Parry by Arena AI, but the last run I did in Arena had an unusually amount of Parrys, hence why I decided to record a couple of fights.

I have take a closer look at these video again, and the def is definitely holding block consistently. So I don't think this is a Reparry.

I have taken frame by frame screenshoot of it, these frame are literally one after another with no missing frame in-between, and we can see the AI is holding block constantly.

This isn't a big deal in Arena, we can get these fights done either way. However if this bug appear in Battleground, it could have massive impact.

Really hope the Kabam team would look into this @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

• PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    J0eySn0w said:

It's not a new bug. The AI performed reparry just like we're able to do. It has happened to me a couple of times before but this update. I'm not sure if this AI behavior is normal but should they be able to do that at all. I don't think so. We've seen so many weird AI behavior for months now and called them out several times but Kabam has said nothing about it.

Reparrying is what we are able to see because of animation. When you release a block - it’s noticeable. Or at least it has to be.
  • PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    edited May 2022
    Fryday said:

Since the new update and testing out the Beta Input, I have came to this new bug.

In Arena, when I hit into an opponent who is holding block, I get Parried. This is not from the AI preforming a Well Time Block. They were actually holding block and continue to do so when I hit into their block, but the Parry still activated.

This have happened in a number of fights, I have upload some frame by frame screenshoot. Can the Kabam team look into this please.

Did some arena fights, everything’s fine, no parrying through the block. Changed speed a little bit but it’s still okay. Write in bugs and known issues with device information.
    My device is IPad Pro 11. Works fine.
    edited May 2022
    @Pussaley

I just did another to test and this it didn't seem to happen as much, there were still a few fights I manage to capture.

Hopefully it is just a server thing rather than an coding bug (but I know nothing about these things).

• JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    The_Chump said:

Maybe don't work as itented but it's s possible, kabam eventualy switch the AI to asemejate more to player gameplay style. Parry between blocks works if you use Doom or if you don't want that the Opponent launch specials.
    https://youtu.be/floJxKzu5_A

This si so annoying, a couple of days ago I post something similar and kabam never gave an answer.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    AI becomes smarter and smarter
    Many thanks @Kabam Miike

Hopefully whatever it is get sorted before Battleground start properly.
    edited May 2022
    Yep it is definitely still happening in Arena, which isn't a big deal. However I'm quite concern if this bug appear in Battleground (which is starting).

I watch Vega MCOC video yesterday (regarding Storm buff) and one of the voice chat also mentioned this same problem.

Really hope the Kabam team is looking into this, otherwise BG will be messy.

Well it happened in BG,

Was doing quite well, both champs was holding block, I then hit into the def's block, they were still holding block, and got Parried. Lost the fight and lost the match.

Do we have an updated on fix for this bug @Kabam Miike ? As this is going to mess up so many matches
  • MollinaryMollinary Posts: 64

AI becomes smarter and smarter

That true, I was in situation when IA start special 3,after My Special 2 attack started. So I was impressed of that special skill. Seen many times special in special because Kabam is blocking only attackers specials IA is able to run own.