**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Offer is back for everyone

Comments

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Does that mean that the only ones at a significant disadvantage are those that have already completed act 7 and passed on the offer the first time? Since anyone who bought the offer is able to get it twice and anyone who is yet to complete act 7 is also able to buy it twice.
  • CoołComsCoołComs Posts: 27

@Kabam Miike Has it been re-enabled? I am not seeing it. I've just bought it once earlier today.

If you already bought it once today (May 4th), it will not reappear.
    Yeah, this is not okay. You can’t let some people get it twice and not give the opportunity to others. If you bought it for the FIRST TIME today, then you should be able to get it a second time, so everyone who has completed 7.4 gets to have the chance at the offer twice, instead of some and not others.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★

@Kabam Miike Has it been re-enabled? I am not seeing it. I've just bought it once earlier today.

I didn’t get the offer earlier (was late to the party) but have it now. However, I haven’t completed 7.4 yet.

Obviously I shouldn’t be seeing the offer, question is will I still get it when I do actually complete 7.4? (and have had time to save 12k units).
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

Zeraphan said:

So you re-enabled the offer (and took extra time to make sure it only went to the correct people) because it wasn't fair to those who didn't buy it the first time after the Paragon announcement was made.

Then in the name of fairness you aren't allowing people to buy it second time today that bought it for the first time today but those who already bought it were allowed to buy it for a second time even though they weren't supposed to be able to purchase it.

Yes, this sounds really fair... extremely fair... so you are in essence rewarding those who bought it the first time and punishing those who passed even though the entire reason to bring it back was to make it fair for those who past the first time.

Kabam logic is at its highest right here...
    Most players don't have 20,000 units on hand at any given time, and as we mentioned before, if we need to take further actions, we'll look into it. I don't see how re-enabling the same deal at this exact moment for those that have already spent 10,000 units today is exactly fair either.
    Will those thronebreakers who got the offer today trigger it a second time when they complete act 7?

Zeraphan said:

So you re-enabled the offer (and took extra time to make sure it only went to the correct people) because it wasn't fair to those who didn't buy it the first time after the Paragon announcement was made.

Then in the name of fairness you aren't allowing people to buy it second time today that bought it for the first time today but those who already bought it were allowed to buy it for a second time even though they weren't supposed to be able to purchase it.

Yes, this sounds really fair... extremely fair... so you are in essence rewarding those who bought it the first time and punishing those who passed even though the entire reason to bring it back was to make it fair for those who past the first time.

Most players don't have 20,000 units on hand at any given time, and as we mentioned before, if we need to take further actions, we'll look into it. I don't see how re-enabling the same deal at this exact moment for those that have already spent 10,000 units today is exactly fair either.

Post Spring Cleaning, people like myself who was not in a situation at the time to get the offer post 7.4 completion, I was able to whale out and buy the deals for spring cleaning. With this I had 20k units on hand. So that when this deal came out i would have enough units to buy and 10k left over. Today i bought it for the first time, I have the units to buy it again, but i am not even getting the chance to decide if i want to? I want to buy this a second time since I am now financially able to. But I can’t because its not been re-enabled for me. Where as other people are able to get this twice.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Zeraphan said:

Fair = Everyone gets the chance to pick up the offer an equal number of times.

The only way to make it truly fair would be on a per account basis, check how many times they've purchased the offer, then offer them the offer however many times they haven't bought it.

I feel like the amount units on players' accounts shouldn't really be Kabam's concern(unless it's a hacker or something but that's not really the context here), considering people have purchased odins just to buy this. That's a lot of real, tangible money.
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    CoołComs said:

Zeraphan said:

Post Spring Cleaning, people like myself who was not in a situation at the time to get the offer post 7.4 completion, I was able to whale out and buy the deals for spring cleaning. With this I had 20k units on hand. So that when this deal came out i would have enough units to buy and 10k left over. Today i bought it for the first time, I have the units to buy it again, but i am not even getting the chance to decide if i want to? I want to buy this a second time since I am now financially able to. But I can’t because its not been re-enabled for me. Where as other people are able to get this twice.
    I am in the same boat unit wise. I had the 10k the first time but passed. Was able to use Spring Cleaning, so started today with 24k units.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    For the second "chance": The 10k units has a limit of one day purchase. Can you at least leave the regular 12k enabled for 10 days, a month, I don't know, for those of us who can't get all these units in 24 hours? It's better than nothing and a little more fair play.

@Kabam Miike

CoołComs said:

Zeraphan said:

Zeraphan said:

So you don't see how allowing 1 group the chance to buy it twice but not another group is not fair?

The whole reason it came back was for the group that is now getting screwed over. The whole reason it came out today instead of yesterday as previously planned, was because you said y'all wanted to make sure it only went to the correct people.

The only fair thing is everyone gets it once or everyone can get it twice, because that is consistent and the same. Having some people be allowed to buy it twice and others only once is not fair at all.
    Again, we're not saying we're not doing that. We've only made decisions on what to do today and are still looking into the future.
    Re-enabling for people who still have only bought it once for the first time today, is still something that should be a decision made today.
    It's a good thing that it's not even Noon yet :wink:
    Idk if the wink means that it’s something in the works or what, but I am praying that it is re-enabled so I can get it twice 🙌
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,152 ★★★★★
    Noobda said:

Alright, everybody, we are re-enabling this offer for all Summoners that are Thronebreaker+, this includes those that have already purchased it. We will not be removing the resources or rank-ups of anybody that already purchased it. If further action is required, we will look into that in the future.

This is further going to cost us competitive players. I am ftp, 100% all content and I don't like this solution kabam. It will create too much imbalance.
    We are that pawn who gets sacrificed for the main strategy, which in this case is the revenue. Lol
    I'll let this one pass too......

All I wanted for me is to participate and not miss the highest content i.e. EOP objectives. Even after griding the game day in day out. I wont be able to do it.
    I don't care if players whaled and double dipped, it's their choice.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's not as simple as just sending it out to people who didn't benefit from the bug. You're going to run the risk of more complications.
  • PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54

Zeraphan said:

Most players don’t but you are doing it not only for certain players, aren’t you ? One more time screw F2P players, thanks. In-game resources - naaah, we rather let em’ spend some money, hell yeah … Once again you’re doing good but doing it wrong. Or at least not for F2P.

And increase loyalty please, we need it. Screw those deals, we wanna play the game and its game modes. But those Loyalty problem still will be existing even with those “changes” which was released today. Tell it to the game team, cause they still will have to do something with it. Save em’ some time and players their nerves.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Zeraphan said:

Wasn't the point of bringing it back just to give people the ability to make an informed decision? Was it "fair" that some people that passed initially got to make that decision after already getting spring cleaning units while others may have had to spend money on units twice? I wasn't even mildly upset of that. Not sure how people think they should be upset about this.
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    Thryllx said:

People like myself who bought it the first time when completing 7.4 bought it without knowing about paragon, I like many others decided to buy it. Those who didn’t was aware of the resources they decided not to buy, this was a limited time offer. Now they have re released it and a paragon title is on the table and the offer has gone out again, people are complaining that some people bought it twice. Everyone has had the opportunity to buy it twice, your choice if you didn’t get it the first time. Because ppl bought it twice they should be banned? If it never came out again the gap between would still be the same, you should be thankful you had the opportunity to buy an expired limited time offer again

I don't think anyone should be banned, this is on Kabam not the players.

No one should have been able to buy it twice though according to what information was given out originally. It was only supposed to be available to people who passed the first time. Now we have not only people buying it twice, but people who haven't even done Act 7 are getting the offer.