**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Offer is back for everyone

14567810»

Comments

• KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

2 weeks to grind 10k units, oh yes this is a fair solution…

Is it possible though?
  • UnforgvnUnforgvn Posts: 47
    @Kabam Miike thank you for coming up with as reasonable a solution as possible and in a short time frame. Even with how much of a fiasco this turned out to be you communicated really well with us and kept us up to date and got a finalized response in a reasonable amount of time. Even if the solution doesn't please everybody (which it never will).

This is all the community is asking for with most bugs and issues. I just wanted to make sure to give credit where credit is due. Thank you again.
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    A solution is something that enables everyone to choose what to do. Those who bought the offer just finished 7.4 can buy it 3 times, those who had not bought it before due to lack of units if they bought it yesterday, will not have the opportunity to grind enough units, and those who have not completed 7.4 will be able to buy it on 18 (if they have not already bought it) and to rebuild the units slowly and buy it back when completed 7.4 (and this is the most unfair option). How could be this a solution? Considering it's an offer closely linked to the new progression level that enormously influences the game, not having fairness is absurd.
    Unforgvn said:

@Kabam Miike thank you for coming up with as reasonable a solution as possible and in a short time frame. Even with how much of a fiasco this turned out to be you communicated really well with us and kept us up to date and got a finalized response in a reasonable amount of time. Even if the solution doesn't please everybody (which it never will).

This is all the community is asking for with most bugs and issues. I just wanted to make sure to give credit where credit is due. Thank you again.

• ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Summoners,

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience as we worked to determine what our future course of action will be.

The team has decided that based on player feedback, we will be surfacing this offer for a third time ONLY to the summoners that originally did not purchase the Act 7.4 Exploration bundle when completing Act 7 Chapter 4. This gives all currently Thronebreaker Summoners 2 chances to obtain this package, post announcement of the Paragon Progression Level requirements.

This third chance will only be for those that did not purchase the Package when they first completed Act 7 Chapter 4 before April 22nd, regardless of if they purchased the offer today. This means that no Summoner should be able to purchase this offer three times.

If you have not completed Act 7 Chapter 4, you will have your second chance to purchase this bundle when you complete that content.

This offer will be re-enabled on May 18th, 2022.

Thank you for making this very pro-player decision and making it fair and equal across the board for everyone.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,456 ★★★★

This is a bit of a mess. Fortunately or not, it doesn't even matter for me.

However, as a person who hasn't spent on the game in 4+ years, who has also fully explored Act 7 and been TB since like January 2021, I don't just have units laying about. I've had a maximum of maybe 2k units at any given time in the game, and a 10k or 12k unit offer is just ridiculous. Sure, if you grind arena 24/7 then it is totally fine. But what about rewards that are purchasable or obtainable without spending or constant grinding in the most tedious and generally most boring part of the game?

Maybe if I had several months notice I could grind for one of these offers, but most definitely not two within a single month. Especially when one has a 24 hour window of purchase. The people who can take most advantage of these offers in the first place were hardcore grinders, or whales. Now, the slightly more casual grinders (or just anyone who didn't think the deal was necessary the first time around, because it wasn't) can get the first deal, but really the vast majority of players that benefit from this are those that can obtain the required units within about 10 minutes by going to the unit store and paying cash.

This exacerbates the pay to get ahead arguments that have been surrounding Paragon and the endgame recently. Not only have unit deals (or buying lots of offers) been necessary to get Paragon, but now more paying players that were still behind in the race to Paragon have a chance to get ahead. Just a bit ridiculous how it has all been handled.

You can stop playing anytime. The game will go on. However if the spenders stop spending the game will no longer exist. Try to understand that. Also there will always be big offers periodically. Plan accordingly. You have plenty of time for the next offer, you just don't know when. So grind to 10k units and never touch them. Think of it like a savings account.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

So after a nights sleep and a clearer mind, realistically I think now is the time for Kabam to reduce the requirements for Paragon.

“But why Damien? Weren’t you someone who said that 3 was the original plan and that’s what Kabam should stick to?”

Yes, I did advocate for that even though I wouldn’t be Paragon on the first day. My original thought process was “I’m okay with it being 3 because it gives me something to work towards at a relatively equal pace to others who are in a similar or same boat to me and I’m okay with that. Kabam laid out what you needed to do to achieve 3 in a fair manner”

However with the reintroduction of the deal, and the future re-reintroduction, I no longer think that it is being done in a fair manner. I don’t mind that people spend to get ahead in the game, that’s their prerogative and I’m grateful for them helping to keep the lights on. However, this whole thing has shown that it’s not so much about wanting to keep game economy balanced, and more about what benefits Kabam over the player base. The goal posts for what should have been the path to paragon for the average player has now shifted from “you’ll get there in time as more is introduced” to “you’ll get there when we flood you with deals that weren’t meant to go live and instead of doing the right thing and facing the actual consequences of our mistakes, we’ll appease those who took advantage”

That to me is an egregious change in stance and makes the 3 required R4s now less valuable as a measuring stick for the average player and only widens the gap between the player base as a whole, which will lead to future complaints when it comes to who content is aimed at when the disparity between the average group (sorry whales I’m excluding you from this since you’re in a league of your own) becomes wider and wider.

Those are my last thoughts on this whole mess of a situation.

This is what people like myself had been saying from the beginning. Glad you finally woke up.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

So after a nights sleep and a clearer mind, realistically I think now is the time for Kabam to reduce the requirements for Paragon.

“But why Damien? Weren’t you someone who said that 3 was the original plan and that’s what Kabam should stick to?”

Yes, I did advocate for that even though I wouldn’t be Paragon on the first day. My original thought process was “I’m okay with it being 3 because it gives me something to work towards at a relatively equal pace to others who are in a similar or same boat to me and I’m okay with that. Kabam laid out what you needed to do to achieve 3 in a fair manner”

However with the reintroduction of the deal, and the future re-reintroduction, I no longer think that it is being done in a fair manner. I don’t mind that people spend to get ahead in the game, that’s their prerogative and I’m grateful for them helping to keep the lights on. However, this whole thing has shown that it’s not so much about wanting to keep game economy balanced, and more about what benefits Kabam over the player base. The goal posts for what should have been the path to paragon for the average player has now shifted from “you’ll get there in time as more is introduced” to “you’ll get there when we flood you with deals that weren’t meant to go live and instead of doing the right thing and facing the actual consequences of our mistakes, we’ll appease those who took advantage”

That to me is an egregious change in stance and makes the 3 required R4s now less valuable as a measuring stick for the average player and only widens the gap between the player base as a whole, which will lead to future complaints when it comes to who content is aimed at when the disparity between the average group (sorry whales I’m excluding you from this since you’re in a league of your own) becomes wider and wider.

Those are my last thoughts on this whole mess of a situation.

I don't know whether or not I think they should lower the requirements. I thought it should have been 2 r4s to begin with but at this point that won't be any kind of challenge. At the same time, they are offering the deal a third time lol. I know the third isn't for everyone but it has made a joke of the whole thing. I stepped away from my alliance recently because they were moving into top 45 AQ and my prestige was too low. I was going to finish Act 7 and come back. I suspect now that even when I have 3 r4s the threshold will have moved enough that I will still be too low.
    JJJmJJJ said:

A solution is something that enables everyone to choose what to do. Those who bought the offer just finished 7.4 can buy it 3 times, those who had not bought it before due to lack of units if they bought it yesterday, will not have the opportunity to grind enough units, and those who have not completed 7.4 will be able to buy it on 18 (if they have not already bought it) and to rebuild the units slowly and buy it back when completed 7.4 (and this is the most unfair option). How could be this a solution? Considering it's an offer closely linked to the new progression level that enormously influences the game, not having fairness is absurd.

Unforgvn said:

Unless they screw up again, no one is going to be able to buy it three times. Where are you getting that from?
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    Solution- no more end of story unit deals.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I never had spare cash at spring cleaning.. I have some now so please can you give me the offers to purchase now?

No!!! And quite right.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★

To think that this entire situation could have been avoided if they had the requirements for Paragon be 2 6r4s instead of 3

Facts. Everyone on the main thread insisted this as well just due to the fact that 3 seemed out of reach for those that didn’t spend countlessly or weren’t in hardcore top end alliances, but even then those need $$ or insane amounts of grinding to have the prestige either way.

Completely separate issue now is this balance disruption
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    So for people that got this offer and didn't complete Act 7 will they get the offer again when they complete it? So they get to purchase it twice?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

So for people that got this offer and didn't complete Act 7 will they get the offer again when they complete it? So they get to purchase it twice?

Yep
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    I’m happily bought it twice and am much closer to my 4th rank 4. Pretty happy with the results.

Now to hoard units incase the 3rd offer on the 18th shows up for me by mistake, which it probably will knowing Kabam
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I haven't seen the offer. Is it supposed to be dropping today still?
  • jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★

Summoners,

Thank you for all of your feedback and patience as we worked to determine what our future course of action will be.

The team has decided that based on player feedback, we will be surfacing this offer for a third time ONLY to the summoners that originally did not purchase the Act 7.4 Exploration bundle when completing Act 7 Chapter 4. This gives all currently Thronebreaker Summoners 2 chances to obtain this package, post announcement of the Paragon Progression Level requirements.

This third chance will only be for those that did not purchase the Package when they first completed Act 7 Chapter 4 before April 22nd, regardless of if they purchased the offer today. This means that no Summoner should be able to purchase this offer three times.

If you have not completed Act 7 Chapter 4, you will have your second chance to purchase this bundle when you complete that content.

This offer will be re-enabled on May 18th, 2022.

Im not getting the offer !!!! 🥹🥹🥹🥹 what happen ?
  • ProfessorGProfessorG Posts: 73
    Have not seen the offer yet. Have the units saved and ready!
  • There was a small hiccup but the offer should be up again within an hour.
  • TrashPanda69TrashPanda69 Posts: 31
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike or anyone, I received this off the last time a few weeks back, but haven’t seen it this time… is there a reason for this? I haven’t completed act 7, but I thought that I would still be offered it today since I was still the previous time it was offered. I did not buy the offer last time, but was planning on buying it first today- and then again for the second time after completing act 7.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike or anyone, I received this off the last time a few weeks back, but haven’t seen it this time… is there a reason for this?

Yes. The reason is that they figured out how to do it properly this time. When the offer came out last time, it was bugged. But they decided to leave it up.