**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Battlegrounds this May! Open Beta Starts May 9th!

Let the Games Begin!

Greetings Contenders!

This month, we’ll be hosting a month-long Battlegrounds event, complete with new rewards and Buffs!

Challenge other Summoners from across the world, and take part in Battlegrounds matches to earn Trophy Tokens from Special Objectives, and spend them on valuable rewards in the all-new Battlegrounds store!

This event will start on May 9th at 10am PT and conclude on June 6th at 10am PT.

Buffs

Each week will feature a different set of Buffs to compliment the Defenders of the match.

Week One
  • Masochism - Every 7 seconds the next Debuff triggered on the Defender is immediately removed. Each time this effect triggers they Regenerate 5% of their Max Health.
Week Two
  • Power Snack 2 - Every 7 seconds the next Buff triggered by the Attacker is immediately Nullified. Each time this effect triggers, the Defender gains 50% of a bar of power.
  • Rise to Power 2 - When the Defender is knocked down a 4-second timer starts. While active, each time the Defender lands a hit or strikes into the block, they gain 30% of a bar of Power.
Week Three
  • Safeguard - Prevents champion from losing more than 1% of Health from a single source.
Week Four
  • ??? (To be Announced!)

Special Objectives

For this event, we’ve created special Objectives that reward you for playing, and for winning matches!

Every 48 Hours:
Play 2 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 4 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 6 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 8 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens
Play 10 Battlegrounds Matches - 100 Trophy Tokens

Every 7 Days:
Win 5 Battlegrounds Matches - 500 Trophy Tokens
Win 10 Battlegrounds Matches - 1000 Trophy Tokens
Win 15 Battlegrounds Matches - 1500 Trophy Tokens
Win 20 Battlegrounds Matches - 1500 Trophy Tokens
Win 25 Battlegrounds Matches - 500 Trophy Tokens
Win 30 Battlegrounds Matches - 500 Trophy Tokens

Battlegrounds Store

After you’ve collected your Trophy Tokens, you can spend them in the Battlegrounds Store to obtain resources to empower your team!

Changelog:

• Champion Recharge costs 45 Units for a full recharge
  • Can only pay Units to recharge when Champion Charges are completely depleted
  • Champion Charges replenish on a 6 hour timer

Regarding 3rd Party Software and Cheating

Over the course of the past two Battlegrounds stress tests, we have observed a some malicious behaviour within the mode. We hear your concerns and have been working to ramp up our enforcement actions as we approach the Battlegrounds Open Beta.

Being a competitive mode, it’s very important to us to reinforce its integrity by acting on these users on a regular basis.

As a reminder, here is an excerpt from our policy on cheating and player conduct:

“While most summoners are honest and play the game legitimately, some players may be tempted to use exploits or mods to unbalance the game in their favor.

We do not ignore these concerns, and we are continuously investigating any cases that arise or are reported to us. We will punish those that break the rules. This means that using exploits or applications that modify the experience of the game, or upset the balance of fair play, can result in being banned from the game permanently as well as our forums.

Players that have used a 3rd Party Hack or Modification to beat another Alliance or Player can see their account immediately banned.

Let us be clear - if you hack, cheat, share your account, attempt to sell your account or commit fraud, we will find you and punish you in order to protect the game playing experience for our honest and dedicated players."
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

It's gonna be almost impossible to get that many wins w/o recharging. Really disappointing.

30 wins a week is 4 a day, then two at the end.

Let’s say you only had 6 champions in your deck. Clearly you have 30, but say you use the same 6 every fight. That means you can do 3 matches every 6 hours.

If you did your 12 matches a day then you’d only need a win rate of 33% to get 4 wins a day. And remember that you have 30 champions in your deck. If you’re only using 6 then I’d advise you diversify.

With a full deck of 30, and considering you can win the first 2 rounds (hence only taking energy of 4 of your champions), you can see how with a full deck you can get 10 or so matches in one 6 hour period without even worrying about the reset.
    Guytennis said:

It's gonna be almost impossible to get that many wins w/o recharging. Really disappointing.

Let’s say you only had 6 champions in your deck. Clearly you have 30, but say you use the same 6 every fight. That means you can do 3 matches every 6 hours.

If you did your 12 matches a day then you’d only need a win rate of 33% to get 4 wins a day. And remember that you have 30 champions in your deck. If you’re only using 6 then I’d advise you diversify.

With a full deck of 30, and considering you can win the first 2 rounds (hence only taking energy of 4 of your champions), you can see how with a full deck you can get 10 or so matches in one 6 hour period without even worrying about the reset.
    Just quit your day job and play this full time. You’ll be fine.
    Which part of what I said do you disagree with?

With an 18 hour refresh, that's basically 3-5 matches a day w/o having to refresh. Gonna have to win most of those to get to 30 wins, which gets harder the higher you progress.

I'm basically gonna play those matches then spend the rest of the day sandbagging to try to keep my score low enough to win enough matches w/o having to refresh.

That's a really horrible way to set up a gamemode.
    I don't believe it's a 18 hour refresh, last time in the beta it was 6 hours then all charges came back to your champion. I would appreciate clarification, but I do think that was the case.

If it was a 6 hour refresh instead of an 18 hour one, do you think you'd change your mind?
    Zeraphan said:

Well what little interest I had in this game mode is now completely gone. Like others have already said the energy cost while kind of high is reasonable but champ recharging ruins it all. I'll leave this mode to the big spenders.

I think it's the other way around. I'm fine with the champ refresh you can manage that and it's specific to the game mode, but I think the energy costs are too much with everything we need energy for.

With an 18 hour refresh, that's basically 3-5 matches a day w/o having to refresh. Gonna have to win most of those to get to 30 wins, which gets harder the higher you progress.

I'm basically gonna play those matches then spend the rest of the day sandbagging to try to keep my score low enough to win enough matches w/o having to refresh.

That's a really horrible way to set up a gamemode.
    I don't believe it's a 18 hour refresh, last time in the beta it was 6 hours then all charges came back to your champion. I would appreciate clarification, but I do think that was the case.

If it was a 6 hour refresh instead of an 18 hour one, do you think you'd change your mind?
    It says 6 hours per charge, so 18 for a full charge.
    It actually says "Champion Charges replenish on a 6 hour timer". So it could mean either.

But you didn't answer my question, if it was 6 hours instead of 18 do you think that would be more reasonable, being able to do 9-15 match ups a day instead of just 3-5 as you suggested?
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Zeraphan said:

Well what little interest I had in this game mode is now completely gone. Like others have already said the energy cost while kind of high is reasonable but champ recharging ruins it all. I'll leave this mode to the big spenders.

I think it's the other way around. I'm fine with the champ refresh you can manage that and it's specific to the game mode, but I think the energy costs are too much with everything we need energy for.
    While I would agree that energy is a problem (it should have its own energy instead of the same generic energy we use for everything else) if I had several refills expiring (or just extra for fun) and wanted to sit and go on a BG binge spree I could do that. The champ recharges means I could not do that without having to recharge the champs for units which ruins it all.

I will say this view will vary based on people's needs. I don't really do the monthly event very often so I usually have extra energy although I know others never have any energy at all as they try and do everything.
    Zeraphan said:

Zeraphan said:

While I would agree that energy is a problem (it should have its own energy instead of the same generic energy we use for everything else) if I had several refills expiring (or just extra for fun) and wanted to sit and go on a BG binge spree I could do that. The champ recharges means I could not do that without having to recharge the champs for units which ruins it all.

I will say this view will vary based on people's needs. I don't really do the monthly event very often so I usually have extra energy although I know others never have any energy at all as they try and do everything.
    That's fair. What if BG objectives threw in some BG champion refills every so often - like they do with the re-rolls? So you could use them like you would use energy refills?

45 units of value, but you can only use them in BGs and it allows you to do your BG spree?
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Zeraphan said:

Zeraphan said:

That's fair. What if BG objectives threw in some BG champion refills every so often - like they do with the re-rolls? So you could use them like you would use energy refills?

45 units of value, but you can only use them in BGs and it allows you to do your BG spree?
    I suppose it would depend on how many we got (or how often) and how many I could hold on to. My personal play style because of my RL time tends to be in longer spurts spread out instead of short sessions more often. It is one of the reasons I retired from my alliance and just kind of chill on my own now, I just didn't have the time for AQ/AW on the daily basis.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Rewards seem okay for a beta, nodes are interesting enough. Not sure how I feel about the unit recharge or the cost of play, though......

I really appreciate the point structure where there is a limit that is set to get the majority of rewards, and then if you push farther than that, you still receive some rewards. It doesn't incentivize ridiculous grinding to avoid fomo, but still rewards those that push farther.