**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who’s your most regretted (and/or favorite) rank up?

willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,016 ★★★★★
As the title says, who’s your most regretted rank up and why? And if you want to put your favorite rank up, that’s good too.

Most regretted: Ghost r3. When I pulled her, I had a generic r1-2 and a tech 2-3. I took her up right away and found out I couldn’t play her very well. She just sits on my bench.

Favorite: Vulture r3 as I now (10 minutes ago) have a deep enough roster that I can rank up champs for specific counters. I can only defeat high level Mephisto and Bishop with him. I’ve tried other counters, but just can’t handle Mephisto’s power gain or consistently dodging Bishop’s unblockable specials.

Comments

• Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Regret- unduped Thing

Favorite dark horse- The Hood
  • Silversurfer837_Silversurfer837_ Posts: 31
    Regret: invisible woman. I just don’t use her for anything anymore

Favorite: ihulk. He’s so fun to play
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Nothing really since the 4* days. I don't use my unduped 5/65 CGR since duping and R3 the 6* so I guess that counts. I also took unduped warlock to R3 and have only used him twice haha.

I'm sitting on a mutant catalyst and a duped (twice) R2 prof X, everything tells me to go for it but I think I'll regret it later.

Favorite: R3 CGR, makes questing so quick. Or 5/65 high sig Nimrod for all the prowess heavy mutants.
  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Sunspot

Took him straight to r5 without ever really testing him and now he sits on the bench
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

I took Elsa to r3 so I could place my defense with suis, but now it's not a good enough defensive gimmick to justify 4 other bad defenders and I rarely use her for anything.

Test her out. You’ll be in good spirits
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Regret: OG Switch isn’t good for anything that another mystic would do better (though would like to test her in nodes that give her high/guaranteed crits.

One of Favorite: Howard the Duck. Deals with many nodes surprisingly easily. Use him more then my warlock. 😁
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Regret:- Ranking 3 Ghost after 3 min of getting her. Never had 5 star version. So barely used her and still don't use her much

Fav : Ebony maw to r3 and Silver centurion to 5/65
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Regret?

Probably Guillotine, sadly
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Regret :- R3 Cmm. Waste of resources for me. Haven't used her much since my cosmic roster is already too stacked. She doesn't stand a chance.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Regret => Cull Obsidion
    He just warms the bench
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Regret rank up- None as of yet
    Favorite rank up: Odin those pre fights make so many champs better even better and as a standalone champ he really deals a huge burst damage.
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Regret: 6r3 Professor X. I know he’s a great champ I simply don’t find myself using him.
    Favourite: 6r3 Molegod. I hardly ever take him out of the team.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★

OG SW is a nostalgia rankup for me. I'll probably take her to sig 200 just for the hell of it.

At some point, we gotta rank someone not entirely useful, just because it's fun

Yep, I am putting sig stones on her and now at rank4. Chaos magic is fun to watch in a fight
  • NihalFayazNihalFayaz Posts: 73 ★★
    Regret: prof X, I guess I am just not comfortable with his play style.
    Fav: BWCV, the women can do soo much!!!
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★
    Regret: Took CGR to rank 5 and now I barely use him. I used to wonder why I took ihulk to rank 2 but now I love him.

Favourite: my first rank 3 six star Ultron. My favourite rank up ever since his buff. I basically use him almost everywhere🔥
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Regrets: Cull R3 and Havok R2. Cull because I legit never use him. Havok I regret taking up over Storm X, as she has so much more to her kit that’s useful for questing. Havok I’ve never used in a meaningful quest. Not one time. He’s a nice battlegrounds rank up now, but I’d like more from my champs.

Favorite: Falcon to R3. Remember when this guy was probably the worst champ in the game? Love the redemption
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Ebony Maw - was a young player, got excited. Now i never use, waste of space, and at the time it depleted both my gold, iso, an shards
  • ANGRYEAGLEANGRYEAGLE Posts: 149

FAVORITE

MOST REGRETTED

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I tended to do a lot of bad calls in the tech class: Starky (I just don't like his playstyle), Ghost (I can't play her and haven't gotten around to ever learning) and Guillotine 2099 (I find her too unreliable). All 5*s.

My favorite rank-up is probably 5* Tigra. I really needed to use up some mystic t4cc and I was short on mystic champions anyway, so I ranked her up. She's so much fun to play and can be extremely useful in the right circumstances. I'm not a pro by any means, but I would rank her up in a heartbeat if I ever pulled the 6* version.

6* Punisher 2099 was also a fun rank-up. I did it before his whole redemption arc here on the forum. I really liked the way he controlled the opponent's power in arena so I decided to use a 1-2 tech gem on him after completing 7.1. Then, after SOP, I had a spare tech t5cc and thought, hey, why not? Pumped him up to r3 and have loved him ever since. He's not my most used champion anymore since I've widened my roster significantly in the year since SOP, but I still really enjoy playing him whenever I do.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Favourite: Hit-Monkey (obviously). Simple playstyle, massive damage and fun to play. He is always my go to skill champ despite having Nick, Falcon, Mole Man and Kingpin at top, I still choose HM first. Finish fights like no problem. Even against bleed immune, he shine greatly.

Most regretted: Stryfe. Now, don't get me wrong. Stryfe is really amazing but I just don't find myself using him that much. I ranked up Stryfe because I watched Swedeah's videos on him but I regretted it a lot. He requires ramp up which I'm not a fan of.

P/s: Vulture is super underrated. I've been saying this. Great utilities and decent damage.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Regret: og gully