**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do AW points system work?

Deder80Deder80 Posts: 632 ★★★
Can someone please explain to me how AW points actually work for placing defenders, defender kills, attacker kills, diversity, and particularly how point work with participation in attack and placement phases. I’d really appreciate it someone.
Or if you don’t want to explain it can you guide to a post that breaks it down really good please?

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    edited May 2022

Defender Kills don’t technically get you any points, but can be used to determine how many Attack Bonus points were lost by the other side for their Attack Bonus points.

And you can further adjust that by subtracting from that Defender Kills stat the amount of kills on any individual node that were in excess of 3 kills.
    (easy to see from your defender roster list, but not know for opponents defense unless your team is keeping track of how many times in excess of 3 it is taking your team to defeat one of their nodes).
  • Deder80Deder80 Posts: 632 ★★★
    Right on!! Thank you so much!!!
    And to clarify empty nodes. You get FULL Attack Bonus by just traveling thru any “potential defense” ie #’d nodes) so those 4 or 5 empty (depending on Tier difficulty played on) nodes per BG, and any other empty if opponents didn’t place full defense).
    My original wonder about was because we lost wars when’s we had 3 more attack kills 1 more defender kill but 2 less players. So I thought or wondered if participation had something to do scoring. Your explanation helped a lot. Thank you very much
    Deder80 said:

My original wonder about was because we lost wars when’s we had 3 more attack kills 1 more defender kill but 2 less players. So I thought or wondered if participation had something to do scoring. Your explanation helped a lot. Thank you very much

Missing defense participation will result in lower Diversity score for your side, so yes it can come into play.

Any non-defense placement people can always just join in attack on an open spot, to at least contribute attack points,
    Ok. Good to know. You have been a tremendous help @SummonerNR thanks a bunch